Titanic failure game thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Titanic failure game thread

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:36 am
VikingPaul73 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:34 am

Well that explains the inexplicable - why Elflein was the starter in Week 1 :lol: :lol: :lol:

It still doesn't explain Kline or why they didn't do anything else to address interior OL this offseason. Mind boggling.
I mean they did draft Ezra in the 2nd round intending for him to become a guard but he hasnt even touched the field. Can Ezra really be worse than a 1.4 pass blocking rating?
Great question

Heck, I'm not even sure that I could do worse than that :lol:
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

just saw an article posted by Mothman in another thread. sounds like NFL is deliberately allowing more holding (among other things) to help move the game along faster.

Makes the performance even more pathetic
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingPaul73 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:39 pm just saw an article posted by Mothman in another thread. sounds like NFL is deliberately allowing more holding (among other things) to help move the game along faster.

That is bizarre because I have read how much Olines have been struggling this year. It would explain why Reiff is having a resurgence though, but not why O'Neill has been regressing. Maybe Dennison needs to teach his lineman how to hold, or at least some basic blocking techniques he learned as his time as a linebacker in the NFL.
9man
Transition Player

Post by 9man »

StumpHunter wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:47 pm
VikingPaul73 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:39 pm just saw an article posted by Mothman in another thread. sounds like NFL is deliberately allowing more holding (among other things) to help move the game along faster.

That is bizarre because I have read how much Olines have been struggling this year. It would explain why Reiff is having a resurgence though, but not why O'Neill has been regressing. Maybe Dennison needs to teach his lineman how to hold, or at least some basic blocking techniques he learned as his time as a linebacker in the NFL.
:lol:

Remember the 2015 Kubiak led Broncos? With Dennison as OC (yes that is correct) and Manning as their QB. The offense that year was not great, the defense won the Super Bowl that year.