Barr is out for the season

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Barr is out for the season

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Barr is out for the season with a torn pec, no big loss, who is going to replace him?
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Re: Barr is out for the season

Post by TSonn »

Starting to feel like the 2010 season.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:17 pm Barr is out for the season with a torn pec, no big loss, who is going to replace him?
I think it's a big loss and the defense is going to be even worse now if that's possible.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Let the kids play.

Troy Dye.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Not a big Barr fan and he dissappears way too much anyway, so it'll feel much of the same. :lol:

Zimmer loves the guy though, so I'm guessing it hurts in less obvious areas, I don't know. Vikings have many holes on this defense at the moment, so I agree Kapp. Let the kids play.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:39 pm Let the kids play.

Troy Dye.
He was an interesting prospect and I'm looking forward to seeing how he steps up. I know he played a little the last game but I didn't really notice him one way or the other. Hopefully Gedeon will be back soon, I know he's a Mike but we're getting real thin at LB.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

808vikingsfan wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:31 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:17 pm Barr is out for the season with a torn pec, no big loss, who is going to replace him?
I think it's a big loss and the defense is going to be even worse now if that's possible.
Not really, Barr is too inconsistent
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:39 pm Let the kids play.

Troy Dye.
Yeah I’d love that too but good luck with that when it comes to Zim. He’d start Jasper Brinkley if he was around simply due to experience and wanting the rookie to sit and learn. Same song and dance
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:42 pm
808vikingsfan wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:31 pm

Barr is a big loss no matter which way you put it. He knows the defense inside and out and calls the plays in the huddle.

The only real vet experience we really have along this defense at this point is Kendricks, Harry and Harris.

Ngakoue is new
Odenigbo has been invisible (I’ll eat crow there)
Our DTs are good at nothing
Eric Wilson blows.
A mystery at the other LB spot.
Two garbage corners gobbling up playing time while young guys sit the bench

This defense was already limited with what Zim could call. He even admitted he had to tone down the defensive calls due to the young guys. It’s now even more limited without Barr, if that was even possible.

Never did I think by week 3 of the 2020 season, we’d be without Hunter, Barr and Pierce. That’s our best overall defensive player in hunter, a defensive captain and play caller in Barr and easily our best DT without even watching him in a Vikings uni. Those are MASSIVE hits, no matter which way you put it
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:34 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:42 pm

Barr is a big loss no matter which way you put it. He knows the defense inside and out and calls the plays in the huddle.

The only real vet experience we really have along this defense at this point is Kendricks, Harry and Harris.

Ngakoue is new
Eric Wilson blows.

This defense was already limited with what Zim could call. He even admitted he had to tone down the defensive calls due to the young guys. It’s now even more limited without Barr, if that was even possible.

Never did I think by week 3 of the 2020 season, we’d be without Hunter, Barr and Pierce. That’s our best overall defensive player in hunter, a defensive captain and play caller in Barr and easily our best DT without even watching him in a Vikings uni. Those are MASSIVE hits, no matter which way you put it
Our two CBs are first year starters. I wouldn't call them garbage yet. Rodgers ripped them but he also never was touched. You need to bring some heat. The 49ers controlled Rodgers because they got after him. Zero pressure no CB plays well.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Wait...didnt the Vikings also sign a guy from the Giants that was in high regard and a surprise camp casualty?

Did he see the field?....
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

CharVike wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:58 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:34 pm

Ngakoue is new
Eric Wilson blows.

Our two CBs are first year starters. I wouldn't call them garbage yet. Rodgers ripped them but he also never was touched. You need to bring some heat. The 49ers controlled Rodgers because they got after him. Zero pressure no CB plays well.
Pressure was 100% a factor as well. However I don’t believe hill or Hughes have a ceiling any higher than “average”. Hughes should be in the nickel and hill should be the rotational guy on the outside in my opinion. I want to see gladney and dantzler on the outside. There will be mistakes but they both have much higher ceilings at the same time IMO
-Chazz Palminteri
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:50 am
CharVike wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:58 pm
Pressure was 100% a factor as well. However I don’t believe hill or Hughes have a ceiling any higher than “average”. Hughes should be in the nickel and hill should be the rotational guy on the outside in my opinion. I want to see gladney and dantzler on the outside. There will be mistakes but they both have much higher ceilings at the same time IMO
I agree with what you said about average as the top end. The problem with throwing the kids out there and our inability to generate a pass rush is that they will get smoked and it could ruin them right off the bat. But at this point it might not be a bad idea and it could work the other way to. Pass rush is the key. I thought they might turn Barr into an edge rusher but I guess that's not in the plan.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

CharVike wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:32 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:50 am

I agree with what you said about average as the top end. The problem with throwing the kids out there and our inability to generate a pass rush is that they will get smoked and it could ruin them right off the bat. But at this point it might not be a bad idea and it could work the other way to. Pass rush is the key. I thought they might turn Barr into an edge rusher but I guess that's not in the plan.
I'm just hoping at this point that Hunter is back after this week and we dont find out that he's out for a long stretch or done for the year. I really want to see him and Ngakoue together. And Ngakoue has still yet to play a full game. I would think he's up to snuff by this weeks game.

But yeah I agree you could kill some confidence with these rookie corners but I'm not sure if I could see them being as bad as Hughes and Hill have been. At least Dantzler in week 1 was all over who he was on. Hughes and Hill have been getting twisted inside and out.
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:52 am
CharVike wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:32 am
I'm just hoping at this point that Hunter is back after this week and we dont find out that he's out for a long stretch or done for the year. I really want to see him and Ngakoue together. And Ngakoue has still yet to play a full game. I would think he's up to snuff by this weeks game.

But yeah I agree you could kill some confidence with these rookie corners but I'm not sure if I could see them being as bad as Hughes and Hill have been. At least Dantzler in week 1 was all over who he was on. Hughes and Hill have been getting twisted inside and out.
I thought Hughes was our best CB Sunday by far. His first game he really struggled against Adams, but most CBs do.

Gave me some hope.

Hill should be benched.