Dantzler is out against Colts

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Dantzler is out against Colts

Post by RandyMoss84 »

He has a rib injury, it is just our luck, Rivers will probably have a career game on Sunday
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Dantzler is out against Colts

Post by StumpHunter »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:58 pm He has a rib injury, it is just our luck, Rivers will probably have a career game on Sunday
He really struggled Sunday guarding some very mediocre WRs (not Adams). I do like him a lot more than Hughes or Hill and this will slow his growth, so it is shame. Looking forward to seeing what Gladney can do though.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

His coverage was pretty good, I thought...just couldn't find the ball. I figured there'd be mistakes, but missing time is almost worse. He needs game reps to get better for the stretch. Now, let the CB carousel begin.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

With or without him this defense needs to tighten up a lot this game. Too much money and draft capital invested on that side of the ball for them to play as poorly as they did last Sunday.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

Is anyone surprised he was starting over Gladney? Seems like a good thing that Dantzler is good enough in his second game ever as a pro that we’ll miss him.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Purple Domination wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:35 pm Is anyone surprised he was starting over Gladney? Seems like a good thing that Dantzler is good enough in his second game ever as a pro that we’ll miss him.
He is only starting over Gladney because Gladney is hurt
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:47 am
Purple Domination wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:35 pm Is anyone surprised he was starting over Gladney? Seems like a good thing that Dantzler is good enough in his second game ever as a pro that we’ll miss him.
Gladney has been limited with a knee injury.
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

halfgiz wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:27 am

Gladney has been limited with a knee injury.
Thanks for bringing me up to speed. Gladney did have a few minutes last week, correct? I thought I saw him in there. Hope it doesn’t linger too long. Meniscus injuries can be so slow to heal.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

StumpHunter wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:41 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:58 pm He has a rib injury, it is just our luck, Rivers will probably have a career game on Sunday
He really struggled Sunday guarding some very mediocre WRs (not Adams). I do like him a lot more than Hughes or Hill and this will slow his growth, so it is shame. Looking forward to seeing what Gladney can do though.
I didn’t see the struggle. He was draped on just about every guy when it was thrown his way. For his first career game, I was definitely impressed
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Idk if that’s the case. Dantzler impressed in camp from day 1
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Dantzler out again vs the Titans. Hughes also out (neck) and Boyd is questionable (hamstring).

Word is the Vikings are in talks with Wobby to come back since he knows the playbook.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

S197 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:10 pm Dantzler out again vs the Titans. Hughes also out (neck) and Boyd is questionable (hamstring).

Word is the Vikings are in talks with Wobby to come back since he knows the playbook.
Who is Wobby?
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:55 pm
S197 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:10 pm Dantzler out again vs the Titans. Hughes also out (neck) and Boyd is questionable (hamstring).

Who is Wobby?
Vikings PR guy who got fired last year...
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Think of this season as a painfully long pre-season... let's evaluate a bunch of young players and see if there are any keepers. We ain't beating anybody with this mess. :hitfan:
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
ERIK the PURPLE
Franchise Player

Post by ERIK the PURPLE »

I didn’t know Wobby was fired. Any reason given?