Pat Elflien is on IR

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Pat Elflien is on IR

Post by StumpHunter »

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Feel free to celebrate the injury since I hear he "hurt" his thumb at practice. My guess is that injury coincidentally occurred right after Kubiak got done watching the film of Elf playing Sunday.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: Pat Elflien is on IR

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Oh darn. Whatever will we do?
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Yeah sure sounds like a way for him to save face from getting benched. Did they say who will start in his place?
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

S197 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:16 pm Yeah sure sounds like a way for him to save face from getting benched. Did they say who will start in his place?
Not sure. My guess is Brett Jones but maybe Collins, Samia , or long shot Cleveland
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Celebrating a player getting hurt is uncalled for
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

VikingPaul73 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:22 pm
S197 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:16 pm Yeah sure sounds like a way for him to save face from getting benched. Did they say who will start in his place?
Not sure. My guess is Brett Jones but maybe Collins, Samia , or long shot Cleveland
Brett Jones is gone.

Samia.

This probably was a "we're gonna cut you or 'you hurt your thumb' and going to IR."
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

ESPN (Courtney Cronin) is saying Dru Samia. Cleveland wasn't even active last week, and they never start Brett Jones. Collins got cut.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

I thought they cut Jones for some reason.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:50 pm

ESPN (Courtney Cronin) is saying Dru Samia. Cleveland wasn't even active last week, and they never start Brett Jones. Collins got cut.
Never want anyone to get injured but I'm excited to see Samia get a chance. I think they should move on from Pat.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

I thought Jones and Collins were both on the practice squad so either could be activated this week. I haven’t been following too closely though so maybe one or both were outright released ??

Excited to see Samia get a chance
StpViking
Starter

Post by StpViking »

Josh Kline is still floating in free agency, I personally think the organization should swallow their pride and bring him back. Samia, Jones is not really that much better then Elf.

I have a feeling the RG experiment will only last 3 weeks, then they will be back at Elf again. Still will not have the guts to bring back Kline.
White 8DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee! Waz Up!
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

StpViking wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:32 am Josh Kline is still floating in free agency, I personally think the organization should swallow their pride and bring him back. Samia, Jones is not really that much better then Elf.

I have a feeling the RG experiment will only last 3 weeks, then they will be back at Elf again. Still will not have the guts to bring back Kline.
Swallow their pride and sign a guy 0 teams even bothered to try out this off season?

Every backup we have is a better option than Kline. They all have more potential and they all come cheaper than Kline.

There is something seriously wrong with Kline even if we didn't necessarily see it as fans, and every single one of the best and brightest Oline talent evaluators in the world agree or he would be on some team at least as a backup. It is one thing to question a single organizations talent evaluation, but when every team agrees on something, it is a safe bet they are right.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:09 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:50 pm
Never want anyone to get injured but I'm excited to see Samia get a chance. I think they should move on from Pat.
It was a thumb injury or I wouldn't be celebrating it. It won't jeopardize his career and he will recover fully from it which is a good thing for Pat.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Brett Jones is back. Looks like he will be our starter. It's really happening.
Fat Stupid Loser
Starter

Post by Fat Stupid Loser »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:32 pm Celebrating a player getting hurt is uncalled for
Just a thumb. Not like it was his Patulla Oblongata or something.