Packers-Vikings Game Day

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Packers-Vikings Game Day

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Let’s defeat the Packers!!! :rock:
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Packers-Vikings Game Day

Post by Thaumaturgist »

SKOL Vikings.
:ripple:
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Let’s go boys!!! Got a feeling the offense is going to play well today! Not sure what to predict defensively given the turnover but hopefully Zim has them dialed in!
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Lash Man
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Lash Man »

Big game for more than just the obvious , the Twin Cities and the whole country need something positive to happen in this crazy year . Skol Vikings start out 1-0 ! :govikes:
LETS GO VIKINGS ! :rock:
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

If anyone has a link to the game, can you please post you know where. Thanks!
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Where is the offense? :wallbang:
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

Man our O has to help out our defense. Time of possession is embarrassing right now! Lol.
i'm ready for a beer.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Same issues as always: OL woes, Cousins is jittery, Refs are solidly with the Pack.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Not looking good at all. Defense is loose and offense can do nothing.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
UK Phil
Franchise Player

Post by UK Phil »

Texas Vike wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:33 pm Same issues as always: OL woes, Cousins is jittery, Refs are solidly with the Pack.

Let's not blame the refs please. Rodgers has alllll day to throw and these Packers receivers seem to be wide open all the time. Can't remember us having a defense this bad for a long time.

Gunna be a long season.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

UK Phil wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:50 pm
Texas Vike wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:33 pm Same issues as always: OL woes, Cousins is jittery, Refs are solidly with the Pack.

Let's not blame the refs please. Rodgers has alllll day to throw and these Packers receivers seem to be wide open all the time. Can't remember us having a defense this bad for a long time.

Gunna be a long season.
Long is right. Zimmer has his hands full with this secondary
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

It looked ugly but we still put up alot of points we agree that the secondary needs work but now that we got a loss of the way it will be an interesting season. I think every game will be a grind but I'm still optimistic.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I thought about writing something long, but in the end, what happened was the cumulative decisions of the past couple of years all came home to roost today. It's going to be an ugly season I think but maybe that's what we need. Expose all the faults and start over. It would have been nice if Ziggy had seen this before handing out extensions but it is what it is.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

This was about pass rush ... or the lack thereof.

You can't expect young, inexperienced corners to handle an offense like this if the line can't get anywhere near Rodgers. It's like the announcer said: If this game had been played on grass, Rodgers wouldn't have had the slightest bit of green on his pants.

It's obvious now why they traded for Ngakoue. They knew Hunter wasn't going to be ready to go. This is sad.

And by the way, I'm a fan of Kirk Cousins, and I thought his newfound scrambling was a welcome sight. But I can admit that his pick near the end of the half was incredibly costly. Just bad ball placement. However, he didn't lose the game today. Our defense, specifically the lack of pass rush, did that.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Cousins wasn’t jittery at all. This is probably the loosest I’ve ever seen him as a Viking given how he was escaping the pocket. Interior OL will continue to be a problem. Mike Hughes and Eric Wilson need to be on the bench. Hill I can tolerate to an extent. Gladney and dantzler need to be the outside starting CBs. Why it took Zim so long to put in gladney and Jefferson is beyond me. Dantzler gave up a couple but was right there for every one of them and that will improve with time. Hill and Hughes were getting twisted out of their shoes.

No less I felt like Yannick Played about half the game. Eddie yarbourgh might’ve gotten more time. We have zero push at DT (although Johnson played well vs the run I thought).

I just hate this, lets groom the rookies crap. Put Jefferson, gladney and dantzler in and keep them in. He’ll get Cleveland in at guard too. Get these garbage players out and put these guys in. We don’t have time to sit around and let them learn. They will learn when they are out there.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri