Sign-In Issues

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Sign-In Issues

Post by akvikingsfan »

I've been mostly lurking all offseason due to not being able to sign-in on mobile. I'm able to login just fine on my desktop, but on my phone it won't let me. Any suggestions? (Please move to the proper section if necessary).
Cliff
Site Admin

Re: Sign-In Issues

Post by Cliff »

akvikingsfan wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:01 am I've been mostly lurking all offseason due to not being able to sign-in on mobile. I'm able to login just fine on my desktop, but on my phone it won't let me. Any suggestions? (Please move to the proper section if necessary).
It's most likely that you've got cookies disabled for the site. The way the site knows if you should be logged in or not is by using cookies so without them you can't stay signed in. I would check your security settings for your phone's browser and see if you can make an exception for this site.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I've been getting a phpBB Debug error when posting. It looks like the post goes through but it doesn't refresh back to the forum unless you manually refresh from the error page.
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

Cleared cookies and it works now. Thanks.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

S197 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:41 pm I've been getting a phpBB Debug error when posting. It looks like the post goes through but it doesn't refresh back to the forum unless you manually refresh from the error page.
I got it a couple of times too. My host just updated PHP I'm hoping a restart fixes it.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I cleared the forum's cache and that seems to have resolved the problem. Please let me know if anybody is getting an error while posting after this post.

Thanks!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Cliff wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:12 am I cleared the forum's cache and that seems to have resolved the problem. Please let me know if anybody is getting an error while posting after this post.

Thanks!
Just did.

Is there something I should do on my end?

Thanks.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:53 am
Cliff wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:12 am I cleared the forum's cache and that seems to have resolved the problem. Please let me know if anybody is getting an error while posting after this post.

Thanks!
Just did.

Is there something I should do on my end?

Thanks.
If you clear your browsers cache it might do the trick.