I'm ready for some football

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Purple Power
Waterboy

I'm ready for some football

Post by Purple Power »

Ok its six days til the new season kicks off, and i'm ready for some action. Let's hope this Viking team gets through the season with explosive plays and high scoring. Purple People Eaters are hungry and ready to chew up the season. I got my purple jersey, hat, and pride ready for the Vikings season . GO VIKINGS.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: I'm ready for some football

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Purple Power wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:09 am Ok its six days til the new season kicks off, and i'm ready for some action. Let's hope this Viking team gets through the season with explosive plays and high scoring. Purple People Eaters are hungry and ready to chew up the season. I got my purple jersey, hat, and pride ready for the Vikings season . GO VIKINGS.
Preach it brother. :govikes:
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Given how it appears the NFL is going to politicize itself, does the moratorium on political conversations still stand when discussing the nfl. Can sports and politics be separated at this point in America?
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Tark
Starter

Post by Tark »

Purple Power wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:09 am Ok its six days til the new season kicks off, and i'm ready for some action. Let's hope this Viking team gets through the season with explosive plays and high scoring. Purple People Eaters are hungry and ready to chew up the season. I got my purple jersey, hat, and pride ready for the Vikings season . GO VIKINGS.
Right on, baby!! God I hope COVID doesn't shorten or end the season early. :smilevike:
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

fiestavike wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:15 am Given how it appears the NFL is going to politicize itself, does the moratorium on political conversations still stand when discussing the nfl. Can sports and politics be separated at this point in America?
Yes, we will continue to adhere to the board rules of no politics.

This is obviously a very unique year with some extraordinary circumstances so I'm sure certain things will surface but try and use your discretion.
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

S197 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:31 pm
fiestavike wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:15 am Given how it appears the NFL is going to politicize itself, does the moratorium on political conversations still stand when discussing the nfl. Can sports and politics be separated at this point in America?

This is obviously a very unique year with some extraordinary circumstances so I'm sure certain things will surface but try and use your discretion.
There are so many other places to discuss politics, and frankly, it never gets anywhere anyhow. Most of the other boards I roam have plenty of I am not going to/I am going to ... watch/not watch ... or otherwise participate in ... because of this/that/the other. Then it just becomes a pissing match. So I am glad to have some respite, despite having may own strong feelings on this/that/the other.

Just looking forward to some football, which has barely been on my radar due to this/that/the other. It will be a respite, and I hope it is something that as fans, brings us together.

SKOL Need I say more?
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
Frozen Rope
Starter

Post by Frozen Rope »

PsyDanny wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:00 pm
S197 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:31 pm

There are so many other places to discuss politics, and frankly, it never gets anywhere anyhow. Most of the other boards I roam have plenty of I am not going to/I am going to ... watch/not watch ... or otherwise participate in ... because of this/that/the other. Then it just becomes a pissing match. So I am glad to have some respite, despite having may own strong feelings on this/that/the other.

Just looking forward to some football, which has barely been on my radar due to this/that/the other. It will be a respite, and I hope it is something that as fans, brings us together.

SKOL Need I say more?
this/that/the other about covers it. Well done 👍