Cornerbacks

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Re: Cornerbacks

Post by S197 »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:05 pm
S197 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:21 pm Dantzler holding his own.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam/status/1295 ... 48804?s=20
Just because he broke up a pass in practice does not mean he is going to hold up his own in a real game
It’s just one play but what else are we going to talk about? The Vikings control the narrative this year with no media for the most part so it’s tricky. Dantzler also had a pretty nice pick on Cousins that I saw. Of course today I see on Instagram Dantzler getting burned by Hollins on a double move :lol:

So who knows. But it’s good to see the guy is holding his own at least some of the time. Gladney is more concerning to me, his knee flared up on him. Couldn’t take a full load of 1st team reps.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

S197 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:38 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:05 pm

Just because he broke up a pass in practice does not mean he is going to hold up his own in a real game
It’s just one play but what else are we going to talk about? The Vikings control the narrative this year with no media for the most part so it’s tricky. Dantzler also had a pretty nice pick on Cousins that I saw. Of course today I see on Instagram Dantzler getting burned by Hollins on a double move :lol:

So who knows. But it’s good to see the guy is holding his own at least some of the time. Gladney is more concerning to me, his knee flared up on him. Couldn’t take a full load of 1st team reps.
Yeah it is funny how Hollins is the one who burned him. ""it"" happens. It seems like he has been nothing short of spectacular. The last Vikings rookies I heard getting the rave reviews like Dantzler were pretty good. Peterson and Moss.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:27 pm
S197 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:38 pm

Yeah it is funny how Hollins is the one who burned him. ""it"" happens. It seems like he has been nothing short of spectacular. The last Vikings rookies I heard getting the rave reviews like Dantzler were pretty good. Peterson and Moss.
About Day 2 of camp, none other than Adam Thielen said to Mike Zimmer, right on the field, "This No. 27 kid is going to be special."

I think AT knows a good corner prospect when he sees one.

And by the way, Dantzler ran a disappointing 4.6 at the combine, but 4.38 at his pro day. Yeah, yeah, don't trust either. But the film shows he can hold his own, so I'd at least lean toward "significantly faster than 4.6."

As I've watched film of him in camp, here's what I love ... he finds the football and goes after it. If only Trae Waynes had possessed the same instinct. How many times did we see Waynes in great position but still get burned? It was like he couldn't believe anybody would actually throw the ball his way. Surprised every time. Hey Trae ... maybe they threw it your direction even though you had your guy covered because THEY KNEW YOU WOULDN'T HAVE A CLUE IT WAS COMING. Dantzler seems to be different. Time will tell, but I'd wager a small amount of money that he's starting Week 1.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Hopefully Gladney won't be injury plagued and ineffective. It seems like we replaced all the CBs and are going to be instantly better than last year. That would be HUGE for our D.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:16 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:27 pm
About Day 2 of camp, none other than Adam Thielen said to Mike Zimmer, right on the field, "This No. 27 kid is going to be special."

And by the way, Dantzler ran a disappointing 4.6 at the combine, but 4.38 at his pro day. Yeah, yeah, don't trust either. But the film shows he can hold his own, so I'd at least lean toward "significantly faster than 4.6."

As I've watched film of him in camp, here's what I love ... he finds the football and goes after it. If only Trae Waynes had possessed the same instinct. How many times did we see Waynes in great position but still get burned? It was like he couldn't believe anybody would actually throw the ball his way. Surprised every time. Hey Trae ... maybe they threw it your direction even though you had your guy covered because THEY KNEW YOU WOULDN'T HAVE A CLUE IT WAS COMING. Dantzler seems to be different. Time will tell, but I'd wager a small amount of money that he's starting Week 1.
No he does not, Adam said the same thing about Waynes and he ended up being a mediocre player
Last edited by RandyMoss84 on Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:10 am Hopefully Gladney won't be injury plagued and ineffective. It seems like we replaced all the CBs and are going to be instantly better than last year. That would be HUGE for our D.
Why are you assuming all the cornerbacks are going to be instantly better than last year? How about waiting until after the season and see if they are instantly better?
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:29 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:10 am Hopefully Gladney won't be injury plagued and ineffective. It seems like we replaced all the CBs and are going to be instantly better than last year. That would be HUGE for our D.
Why are you assuming all the cornerbacks are going to be instantly better than last year? How about waiting until after the season and see if they are instantly better?
If I did that it wouldn't be a prediction. I am predicting this years CBs will be better than last years.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:47 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:29 pm

If I did that it wouldn't be a prediction. I am predicting this years CBs will be better than last years.
That's against the rules of opinion making though!
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Rhodes Closed wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:20 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:47 pm
That's against the rules of opinion making though!
if we have a rule against having an opinion I'm going to ignore it. :rock:
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:27 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:16 pm

No he does not, Adam said the same thing about Waynes and he ended up being a mediocre player
Prove it. Show me the quote.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:29 am
RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:27 pm

:lol: I was joking
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:00 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:29 am
:lol: I was joking
Randy it wasn't funny. It was false information diminishing the importance of Thielen saying that.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

I think they might take some lumps early but with their talent and Zimmer coaching them up I think our corners will be a pleasant surprise. I'm not worried about them. I'm more concerned with DT.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.