Jake Browning News

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Jake Browning News

Post by VikingsVictorious »

I wasn't sure where to put this.

Purple for the win Podcast recently ran a bit about Jake Browning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avShxb69AP4

IF he has regained arm strength like Kubiak claims, he would be the obvious choice for Vikings backup QB and a potential starter down the road.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Jake Browning News

Post by RandyMoss84 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:24 am I wasn't sure where to put this.

IF he has regained arm strength like Kubiak claims, he would be the obvious choice for Vikings backup QB and a potential starter down the road.
I really doubt it, Zimmer and Speilman loves Mannion so much that they gave him a 3 year contract and will probably be the starter down the road :wallbang:
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

RandyMoss84 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:33 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:24 am I wasn't sure where to put this.

I really doubt it, Zimmer and Speilman loves Mannion so much that they gave him a 3 year contract and will probably be the starter down the road :wallbang:
Jake Browning with recovered arm strength would be so much better.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:35 am
RandyMoss84 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:33 am

I rather have Sloter back but I will give Zimmer, Kubiak and Speilman credit, they know what they are doing since Sloter is not on a NFL roster right now
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:50 am
I rather have Sloter back but I will give Zimmer, Kubiak and Speilman credit, they know what they are doing since Sloter is not on a NFL roster right now
He is available. June 18th, and the greatest 3rd stringer in Vikings history is available. I wonder why?
jeg067
Starter

Post by jeg067 »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:33 am I really doubt it, Zimmer and Speilman loves Mannion so much that they gave him a 3 year contract and will probably be the starter down the road :wallbang:
I think Mannion is under contract for only 1 year.
The natural state of the football fan is bitter disappointment. - N.H.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

jeg067 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:44 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:33 am I really doubt it, Zimmer and Speilman loves Mannion so much that they gave him a 3 year contract and will probably be the starter down the road :wallbang:
Ahh, you are right, I swear I saw an article that Vikings sign Mannion to 3 year contract a few months ago, I was wrong
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

jeg067 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:44 pm
Thanks for the correction. I had high hopes for Browning, that were somewhat dashed. I'm allowing those hopes to be rekindled.
PAC 12 Player of the Year winners their sophomore season are rare and Browning holds most of the PAC12 QB career records.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Again I don’t get the infatuation with sloter. He hasn’t been able to stay on a roster since they let him go. Sure mannion is bad, but if sloter was any good he’d be at worst a backup right now
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:36 pm

Again I don’t get the infatuation with sloter. He hasn’t been able to stay on a roster since they let him go. Sure mannion is bad, but if sloter was any good he’d be at worst a backup right now
There are plenty of good players not on nfl rosters. Your argument is flawed. His talent could be marginal enought to beat out Mannion but still not all-star level. Those kind of guys often stick in the league due to being lucky.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

YikesVikes wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:29 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:36 pm

There are plenty of good players not on nfl rosters. Your argument is flawed. His talent could be marginal enought to beat out Mannion but still not all-star level. Those kind of guys often stick in the league due to being lucky.
Yeah maybe right now there are good players left out there because of COVID and such but when week 1 hits, the pool will be very weak and Sloter could very well be in that pool at this rate.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:55 pm

Yeah maybe right now there are good players left out there because of COVID and such but when week 1 hits, the pool will be very weak and Sloter could very well be in that pool at this rate.
Seems pretty likely. He isn't exactly a high priced free agent and there is very little risk in a team just signing him for very little to no guarantees.

At this point, I think he would be happy with the XFL coming back next year and making one of those squads. The guy just isn't a NFL caliber backup QB, let alone a starter.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

After this post, I contacted a childhood friend that coaches for the Lions and he said that he is an NFL caliber QB, but nothing special.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

YikesVikes wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:55 pm

After this post, I contacted a childhood friend that coaches for the Lions and he said that he is an NFL caliber QB, but nothing special.
You should have told him the Lions suck and he is wasting his time coaching so he should come to coach Vikings :lol:
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:27 am
YikesVikes wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:55 pm

You should have told him the Lions suck and he is wasting his time coaching so he should come to coach Vikings :lol:
We played ball together in HS. Guy has a Master's in chemical engineering, never used it. Instead chased his dream to coach. I pray that he latches on. This is his 2nd stint in the NFL. I would welcome him in purple. I would love to pick his brain on who is really overrated. Other HS friend is a scout of the Colts. I don't ask him much because I assume his job is confidential.