Zimmer defends Diggs

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Zimmer defends Diggs

Post by RandyMoss84 »

StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Zimmer defends Diggs

Post by StumpHunter »

My guess is Hodges. Remember when he was randomly shipped midway through the season with nothing really behind him on the depth chart?
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:51 am https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/viki ... -than-him/

I want to know who? 🤔
It's a good read and I will take it as truthful.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Rhett Ellison’s dad.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

S197 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:46 pm Rhett Ellison’s dad.
You are not funny
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Mike Zimmer certainly has a funny way of complimenting players.

"I've been around way worse guys than him."

So in other words, Diggs is pretty bad, but there are way worse guys?

Just kinda makes me chuckle.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:21 am Mike Zimmer certainly has a funny way of complimenting players.

Actually in other words he wrote "He was a WR who was upset about not getting the ball when he was open, and he tweeted a few things. I have been around way worse guys than him."

The closest thing to a dig on Diggs from Zimmer was that Diggs tweeted and wanted the ball "like every receiver".
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

It sounds like it really did come down to his tweets ...
Honestly, Diggs did not have to go. We really didn't have any intention of trading him. Quite honestly, he put out a couple tweets, and there were some things going on there.

"But Stefon worked extremely hard. He practices like crazy. He wants the ball -- like all receivers do."
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

StumpHunter wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:22 am
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:21 am Mike Zimmer certainly has a funny way of complimenting players.

Actually in other words he wrote "He was a WR who was upset about not getting the ball when he was open, and he tweeted a few things. I have been around way worse guys than him."

The closest thing to a dig on Diggs from Zimmer was that Diggs tweeted and wanted the ball "like every receiver".
Oh, I know. It was harmless in context.

I just get a kick outta Zimmer. People used to wonder why such a good coach with his reputation went so long without getting a HC opportunity. That's a pretty good indicator. He says a lot of things that make you tilt your head if you don't catch the context. Like when he said Case Keenum had a horseshoe, and "has big balls." Stuff like that. :lol:
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

I caught the 2018 game vs. the Packers in Lamblow the other night on NFLN. I'd forgotten how clutch Diggs was that game. Made me really dread the fact that we traded him.

Now, I read that he wasn't THAT big of a PITA, and I really wish we hadn't let him go. Diggs was a special talent and he was a very important Viking. It sucks that he's no longer part of the team.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Texas Vike wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:18 pm I caught the 2018 game vs. the Packers in Lamblow the other night on NFLN. I'd forgotten how clutch Diggs was that game. Made me really dread the fact that we traded him.

Now, I read that he wasn't THAT big of a PITA, and I really wish we hadn't let him go. Diggs was a special talent and he was a very important Viking. It sucks that he's no longer part of the team.
Diggs is a very good WR and it is doubtful that Jefferson will ever be as good much less in his rookie year, but we don't have to pay his salary anymore and we got three other picks that will come cheap for a while and we needed to make the trade.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

StumpHunter wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:22 am

Which is a direct shot at the offensive scheme. He had 149 targets in flips scheme. It’s not like his QB didn’t feed him. Diggs had a better year in 2018 and didn’t complain, but we go 8-8 and miss the playoffs. This year we have more success because of the new scheme, he got 50 less targets and he complains. That’s the definition of a player that’s “all about me”. And last I checked, this was diggs worst year when it came to drops. Some so bad they caused interceptions. But yeah let’s sit there and complain :roll:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:12 pm
Texas Vike wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:18 pm I caught the 2018 game vs. the Packers in Lamblow the other night on NFLN. I'd forgotten how clutch Diggs was that game. Made me really dread the fact that we traded him.

Diggs is a very good WR and it is doubtful that Jefferson will ever be as good much less in his rookie year, but we don't have to pay his salary anymore and we got three other picks that will come cheap for a while and we needed to make the trade.
Ehh I wouldn’t say Jefferson wouldn’t ever be as good. Jefferson set the LSU record for catches in a season and think about who has came out of that school. He’s faced the best defenses, best DBs in college football and was a monster. He’s a polished route runner with good hands and good speed. Jefferson has the potential to be the best WR we’ve had since Moss. Will he? I have no clue but the future sure looks promising. Jefferson easily goes within the top 15 if it wasn’t for Lamb, Jeudy and Ruggs. Those 3 were some of the most polished WRs to come out in a long time. And to be honest, I don’t think anyone has it better than Jefferson given where he landed. The kid is going to be a stud, just have a feeling
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:35 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:12 pm
Ehh I wouldn’t say Jefferson wouldn’t ever be as good. Jefferson set the LSU record for catches in a season and think about who has came out of that school. He’s faced the best defenses, best DBs in college football and was a monster. He’s a polished route runner with good hands and good speed. Jefferson has the potential to be the best WR we’ve had since Moss. Will he? I have no clue but the future sure looks promising. Jefferson easily goes within the top 15 if it wasn’t for Lamb, Jeudy and Ruggs. Those 3 were some of the most polished WRs to come out in a long time. And to be honest, I don’t think anyone has it better than Jefferson given where he landed. The kid is going to be a stud, just have a feeling
Diggs has been a star WR. First round Wr that turn into stars are more the exception than the norm. If you buy the hype about the first round WRs every one of them is going to be better than Diggs, but odds are against JJ ever being as good as Diggs. Could he be? Sure.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Diggs was the heart of the offense and probably the best player on the team. I wish he was even more vocal when he was here.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014