So this happened tonight.....

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

So this happened tonight.....

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

So as most of you know from one of my previous posts, I have a woodworking business on top of being a teacher and made that epoxy Vikings sink for my man cave. I mentioned in that post that I was in contact with the guy that former Vikings QB Tommy Kramer lives with. Well as the weeks have gone on, this looks like a very realistic possibility that I’ll be making a similar sink for Tommy as I’ve continued to talk to his buddy. And by the looks of it, I’ll be bringing the sink to Minnesota to deliver it to him myself. Well tonight, this guy that Tommy lives with asked if I could FaceTime with him quick because he had a couple questions. Come to find out, he just wanted me to meet Tommy and confirm that they plan on going through with all this.

So sure enough, I FaceTimed with Tommy Kramer tonight! My wife, the kids and myself are planning on going there towards the end of June/early July. He told me that they are planning on getting Keith Millard and Jim McMahon to come visit them around that time and would like me to come the weekend they are scheduled to meet up with them. He even offered for us to stay with them instead of getting a hotel but if we still want to get the hotel that they will cover it.

Figured you guys would enjoy this.

Side note, they are also planning on putting a urinal in Tommy’s bathroom and would like me to make a Packers themed urinal as well
Attachments
79F37DE0-12F9-4DC0-824C-6B2508ADFE56.png
79F37DE0-12F9-4DC0-824C-6B2508ADFE56.png (220.61 KiB) Viewed 1375 times
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Re: So this happened tonight.....

Post by RandyMoss84 »

I loved Kramer!! It is a shame about his injuries, if it was not for his injuries, I think he would have been a Hall of Famer
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Pretty cool.
Frozen Rope
Starter

Post by Frozen Rope »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:16 am So as most of you know from one of my previous posts, I have a woodworking business on top of being a teacher and made that epoxy Vikings sink for my man cave. I mentioned in that post that I was in contact with the guy that former Vikings QB Tommy Kramer lives with. Well as the weeks have gone on, this looks like a very realistic possibility that I’ll be making a similar sink for Tommy as I’ve continued to talk to his buddy. And by the looks of it, I’ll be bringing the sink to Minnesota to deliver it to him myself. Well tonight, this guy that Tommy lives with asked if I could FaceTime with him quick because he had a couple questions. Come to find out, he just wanted me to meet Tommy and confirm that they plan on going through with all this.

So sure enough, I FaceTimed with Tommy Kramer tonight! My wife, the kids and myself are planning on going there towards the end of June/early July. He told me that they are planning on getting Keith Millard and Jim McMahon to come visit them around that time and would like me to come the weekend they are scheduled to meet up with them. He even offered for us to stay with them instead of getting a hotel but if we still want to get the hotel that they will cover it.

Figured you guys would enjoy this.

Side note, they are also planning on putting a urinal in Tommy’s bathroom and would like me to make a Packers themed urinal as well
Great post Mike. What a fun time to look forward to. Somewhere down the road, I’ll share something similar.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Funny thing was, you can tell these people like to entertain and I could hear a few other people in the background but you could 100% tell that Kramer was half in the bag when I talked to him :lol:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Frozen Rope
Starter

Post by Frozen Rope »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:48 pm Funny thing was, you can tell these people like to entertain and I could hear a few other people in the background but you could 100% tell that Kramer was half in the bag when I talked to him :lol:
Strange, I didn’t think the old guard was like that 😝
Passepartout
Backup

Post by Passepartout »

That is awesome and cool you met with Tommy Kramer. Makes me jealous but in a good kind of way.
Ready for Halloween
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Good for you, man. I bet you're ecstatic. Cool stuff.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PacificNorseWest wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:30 pm Good for you, man. I bet you're ecstatic. Cool stuff.
Yeah for sure! I talked to Buddy again after I got on the phone with them and we got talking about how I'm a big collector of Vikings memorabilia and he said, "we have some jerseys for you too when you come, Kramer, Millard, Rickey Young and Studwell". Him and Tommy also offered to cover our hotel costs for my wife and both of my boys. I'm just beyond appreciative of what they are doing and offering. To do this for someone they've never really met other than on a facetime call, just shows what kind of people they are.
-Chazz Palminteri
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:37 am
PacificNorseWest wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:30 pm Good for you, man. I bet you're ecstatic. Cool stuff.
Yeah for sure! I talked to Buddy again after I got on the phone with them and we got talking about how I'm a big collector of Vikings memorabilia and he said, "we have some jerseys for you too when you come, Kramer, Millard, Rickey Young and Studwell". Him and Tommy also offered to cover our hotel costs for my wife and both of my boys. I'm just beyond appreciative of what they are doing and offering. To do this for someone they've never really met other than on a facetime call, just shows what kind of people they are.
Nice! They are great guys!
psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by psjordan »

Congrats from a fellow woodworker man, that is VERY cool indeed!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:48 pm Funny thing was, you can tell these people like to entertain and I could hear a few other people in the background but you could 100% tell that Kramer was half in the bag when I talked to him :lol:
I think Tommy Kramer was half in the bag most of the games he played, :lol:

Which, by the way, I love. Tommy played all out, like his hair was on fire. One of my favorite all time Vikings.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:22 pm

Which, by the way, I love. Tommy played all out, like his hair was on fire. One of my favorite all time Vikings.
Playing like your hair is on fire is a great visual Kapp. The only guy in recent memory that I can think of that played similarly is Percy Harvin. It's like his brain couldn't keep up with how fast his feet were moving. He was always slipping and sliding all over the place but when he was on, he was on. Especially that rookie year.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

I remember being a boy and my dad had gone to a game and he met Tommy after the game and he was already sht faced. :lol:
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

S197 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:35 pm

Playing like your hair is on fire is a great visual Kapp. The only guy in recent memory that I can think of that played similarly is Percy Harvin. It's like his brain couldn't keep up with how fast his feet were moving. He was always slipping and sliding all over the place but when he was on, he was on. Especially that rookie year.
Ah ... rookie Harvin. I thought that guy was gonna be a HOFer. What a talent.

I was at the Favre-to-Lewis game ... 24th row, 50 yard line. Best seats of my life. What is often overlooked was that Harvin returned a kickoff for a TD that game. I remember it so vividly. He made this cut around his own 35 yard line and then just kicked in this other gear. Dudes had an angle, and in a second he was so far gone that it was ridiculous. Literally took my breath away.

Back to Tommy. He was the heir apparent to Fran Tarkenton, but he just couldn’t stay healthy. Still loved the guy. Gets my vote for Coolest Viking Ever.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.