Updated Depth Chart

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Updated Depth Chart

Post by VikingsVictorious »

StumpHunter wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:51 am It will be interesting to see if a rookie starts at corner for Zimmer's defense. I think there might actually be two rookies, since we still don't have a nickle corner with starting experience outside of Hughes.

Rookies corners in Zimmer's defense have struggled. Even the ones that have turned out well, like Waynes and Mack.
Gladney will start for sure and I'm guessing he starts from day one. I'm thinking eventually Dantzler will be on the field in nickel situations, probably moving Hughes to the slot. Hughes IMO played well his rookie year before the injury. I don't know how he is right now. Hopefully he is ready. I think Hill gives us some depth but I expect him to be strictly backup once Gladney and Dantzler get up to speed. Boyd may shift to safety. Either he will or Hand will for almost certain.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:39 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:51 am It will be interesting to see if a rookie starts at corner for Zimmer's defense. I think there might actually be two rookies, since we still don't have a nickle corner with starting experience outside of Hughes.

Rookies corners in Zimmer's defense have struggled. Even the ones that have turned out well, like Waynes and Mack.
Gladney will start for sure and I'm guessing he starts from day one. I'm thinking eventually Dantzler will be on the field in nickel situations, probably moving Hughes to the slot. Hughes IMO played well his rookie year before the injury. I don't know how he is right now. Hopefully he is ready. I think Hill gives us some depth but I expect him to be strictly backup once Gladney and Dantzler get up to speed. Boyd may shift to safety. Either he will or Hand will for almost certain.
Yeah I definitely think Gladney and dantzler are the future on the outside. Hughes takes over the nickel.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:49 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:39 pm
Yeah I definitely think Gladney and dantzler are the future on the outside. Hughes takes over the nickel.
I still see Hughes as an outside Corner in 2 CB sets. Shifting to the slot for nickel. If Both Dantzler and Gladney beat him out I guess he could be more or less exclusively nickel.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:10 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:49 pm

I still see Hughes as an outside Corner in 2 CB sets. Shifting to the slot for nickel. If Both Dantzler and Gladney beat him out I guess he could be more or less exclusively nickel.
Yeah I don’t think they will be him out right away but I think it will eventually happen. Dantzlers size is going to keep him on the outside and gladney is much more physical than Hughes IMO.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri