Schedule

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Tark
Starter

Re: Schedule

Post by Tark »

Right but I'm counting the Christmas Day game as Prime Time.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Tark wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:08 pm Am I reading this correctly: three prime time games, all on the road? I'm counting the Christmas Day game as prime time. That ain't good.
That is not prime time since it is in afternoon, not night
Tark
Starter

Post by Tark »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:14 pm
Tark wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:08 pm Am I reading this correctly: three prime time games, all on the road? I'm counting the Christmas Day game as prime time. That ain't good.
That is not prime time since it is in afternoon, not night
Right but I'm counting the Christmas Day game as Prime Time since that's the only game on and is prime viewing much to my wife's displeasure..... :v):
ERIK the PURPLE
Franchise Player

Post by ERIK the PURPLE »

Stupid game at 3:30 on Christmas Day. Really? It’s a Friday. If it has to be Christmas, make it at night. I will be eating Christmas Dinner around 4:00. Stupid.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

ERIK the PURPLE wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:40 pm Stupid game at 3:30 on Christmas Day. Really? It’s a Friday. If it has to be Christmas, make it at night. I will be eating Christmas Dinner around 4:00. Stupid.
Then get a tv tray and watch the Vikings, problem solved!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:32 pm Vikings at Seahawks October 18 Sunday night
On the road at Seattle AGAIN. That pisses me off. The last time Seattle had to play in Minnesota was 2015.

Not to mention, both games against likely contenders in the NFC South (Tampa and NO) are on the road. What do you bet the Pukers get both at home?
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:20 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:32 pm Vikings at Seahawks October 18 Sunday night
On the road at Seattle AGAIN. That pisses me off. The last time Seattle had to play in Minnesota was 2015.

Not to mention, both games against likely contenders in the NFC South (Tampa and NO) are on the road. What do you bet the Pukers get both at home?
The opponents and where they play are set years in advance. You can actually see the Vikings entire schedule for 2021 and 2022 right now.

The only thing the NFL changes is when you play each team but otherwise it's a known formula.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

It is not a big deal because Vikings will play Seahawks at home next year
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

S197 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:29 pm

The opponents and where they play are set years in advance. You can actually see the Vikings entire schedule for 2021 and 2022 right now.

The only thing the NFL changes is when you play each team but otherwise it's a known formula.
It’s not possible to know all the games because two games each year are based on your standings in your division. We play Seattle because they finished second in the West, and we play Dallas because they finished second in the East. The rest of the games are set ... 2020 is our year to play the NFC South and AFC South, and we of course have six division games.

However, the home-road splits aren’t decided until late, and that’s where we’ve gotten screwed the last several games against Seattle. In 2018, we played the Seahawks because both the Vikings and Seattle finished first in their divisions in 2017 — the game was again in Seattle. In 2019 year, it was our year to play the NFC West — game again in Seattle. This coming season, we play the Seahawks because both they and the Vikings finished second in their division — guess where the game is. That’s right. In Seattle.

Given that Century Link Field is one of the toughest venues in the NFL, it seems a bit unfair to play there three times in a row in consecutive years.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

That's a pretty tough schedule. We have a good team and coaching staff but will definitely be challenged.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

The short turn around between Bears team we match up poorly with and a very good Saints team is worst part of schedule, especially as its near crunch time, of the season. 2 of the last 3 will be tough games.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

I just saw that Vikings are hosting Packers in the season opener for the first time in franchise history, that surprised me
ERIK the PURPLE
Franchise Player

Post by ERIK the PURPLE »

Get a TV tray, problem solved?

Maybe I’m in the minority here but I’ve been a serious Vikes fan for almost 50 years. Nobody needs to tell me how to watch a Vikes game. I suppose if you’re in your 30’s, 40’s have never married, never had kids, have no family to gather with at Christmastime, then maybe a TV tray works for you.

Many people get together on Christmas Day to share a meal and exchange gifts. That usually happens in the afternoon. My frustration is there was no need to have a game on a Friday, Christmas Day, but if the geniuses at Park Avenue felt the need, it should be later in Primetime 8 pm or later.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

ERIK the PURPLE wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 1:44 pm Get a TV tray, problem solved?

Maybe I’m in the minority here but I’ve been a serious Vikes fan for almost 50 years. Nobody needs to tell me how to watch a Vikes game. I suppose if you’re in your 30’s, 40’s have never married, never had kids, have no family to gather with at Christmastime, then maybe a TV tray works for you.

Many people get together on Christmas Day to share a meal and exchange gifts. That usually happens in the afternoon. My frustration is there was no need to have a game on a Friday, Christmas Day, but if the geniuses at Park Avenue felt the need, it should be later in Primetime 8 pm or later.
Well, NBA have Christmas games every year so stop complaining
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:08 pm
S197 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:29 pm

It’s not possible to know all the games because two games each year are based on your standings in your division. We play Seattle because they finished second in the West, and we play Dallas because they finished second in the East. The rest of the games are set ... 2020 is our year to play the NFC South and AFC South, and we of course have six division games.

However, the home-road splits aren’t decided until late, and that’s where we’ve gotten screwed the last several games against Seattle. In 2018, we played the Seahawks because both the Vikings and Seattle finished first in their divisions in 2017 — the game was again in Seattle. In 2019 year, it was our year to play the NFC West — game again in Seattle. This coming season, we play the Seahawks because both they and the Vikings finished second in their division — guess where the game is. That’s right. In Seattle.

Given that Century Link Field is one of the toughest venues in the NFL, it seems a bit unfair to play there three times in a row in consecutive years.
It's still all pre-determined. Next year we'll play the NFC East equivalent at home and the NFC South equivalent away. And Seattle at home.

It just so happened that the Vikings/Seahawks finished in the same position of their respective divisions the last two years and it was the Vikings turn to play that team on the road.

I'm not following how the home-road splits aren't decided until late, you can see the home-road splits all the way through 2022.