Two moves that might get Vikings to Super Bowl!!!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Two moves that might get Vikings to Super Bowl!!!

Post by VikingsVictorious »

fiestavike wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:22 am
YikesVikes wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:19 am

With that logic, the guy in NWE is better than Brady cause they chose to move on from him. The truth is personalities matter and often a new guy coming in wants his guy. I'll take Cam over Kirk every day of the week if circumstances are identical. Cam has IT and Kirk doesn't. I know he's in purple but it's pretty clear that he doesn't have IT. He's a great guy, good QB but he has never been Elite and he's been carried by the stars on this team. I mean, he's so good we won a game with him throwing 10 passes. The plan was to hide him. Never seen that in Carolina.
I think personality is exactly why Cam doesn't have a home. He'd be worth a flyer, and he'd be worth having in a backup role based on his ability, but he is such an egomaniac that he'd be a destabilizing force in any locker room. Even when he is the starting QB his personality is polarizing. As a backup QB, he would likely be impossible to manage. I don't think you can bring him in unless you are going to give him the keys, and nobody is going to give him the keys at this point in time. Waiting for a starter to get injured might be his best bet.
You have to admire Yikes Vikes total faith in Cam despite very little to base it on. He's washed up. Might never get a starting gig again and if he doesn't swallow some pride might not even get a backup gig. Yet he is great.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:56 am

I think personality is exactly why Cam doesn't have a home. He'd be worth a flyer, and he'd be worth having in a backup role based on his ability, but he is such an egomaniac that he'd be a destabilizing force in any locker room. Even when he is the starting QB his personality is polarizing. As a backup QB, he would likely be impossible to manage. I don't think you can bring him in unless you are going to give him the keys, and nobody is going to give him the keys at this point in time. Waiting for a starter to get injured might be his best bet.
You have to admire Yikes Vikes total faith in Cam despite very little to base it on. He's washed up. Might never get a starting gig again and if he doesn't swallow some pride might not even get a backup gig. Yet he is great.
To be fair, you have an undue amount of faith in Kirk. I probably have an undue amount of faith in Teddy. We all have our favorites, and there is a lot at play in this discussion that I think actually has very little to do with football per se. Let's not take it to a point of hacking on each other.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

fiestavike wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:23 am
To be fair, you have an undue amount of faith in Kirk. I probably have an undue amount of faith in Teddy. We all have our favorites, and there is a lot at play in this discussion that I think actually has very little to do with football per se. Let's not take it to a point of hacking on each other.
I think my faith in Kirk is totally due. He has played great for us.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:20 am

I agree
Vikings09
Rookie

Post by Vikings09 »

Why not bring in Mitch Trubiski as a backup and see how he does.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

I personally will withhold the great label until he surpasses what a journeyman backup did with this team in 2017.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Vikings09 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:42 pm Why not bring in Mitch Trubiski as a backup and see how he does.
Hell no, I can not stand him and why would they anyway? They have Mannion, Browning and Stanley
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

I'm not interested in engaging with this well worn argument at this point, but I find it hard to believe an honest self-assessment wouldn't uncover a bit of bias in your enthusiastic, near total faith in Kirk Cousins, probably for a number of reasons.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:04 am
YikesVikes wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:19 am

With that logic, the guy in NWE is better than Brady cause they chose to move on from him. The truth is personalities matter and often a new guy coming in wants his guy. I'll take Cam over Kirk every day of the week if circumstances are identical. Cam has IT and Kirk doesn't. I know he's in purple but it's pretty clear that he doesn't have IT. He's a great guy, good QB but he has never been Elite and he's been carried by the stars on this team. I mean, he's so good we won a game with him throwing 10 passes. The plan was to hide him. Never seen that in Carolina.
NE did not cut Brady and then pay another guy the money saved to replace him. Brady wanted to make money in free agency or he would still be a Patriot. Also, Brady would still be in NE if he were in his prime. He is no longer in his prime.

Cam is done. No one knows that more than Carolina.

I absolutely would want him over Cousins if he had anything left, but he doesn't.
Yes, a 30 year old QB is out of his prime. He played 2 games last season. The season before 14. Going off that season he has 24 TD to 13 ints. Add his 4 TD rushing and he had a better season that Kirk w/o extrapolating for a 16 week season. To assume that Cam is done because he was released by the Panthers is silly.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

None of what you said is factual. The fact that Cam is only 30 is a lot to base his continued success on. He wont be a back up, and will sign somewhere. Cam still has it. You still didn't address the 10 passes week one issue. Lets not even talk about the GreenBay game (both of them)
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

YikesVikes wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:09 pm
None of what you said is factual. The fact that Cam is only 30 is a lot to base his continued success on. He wont be a back up, and will sign somewhere. Cam still has it. You still didn't address the 10 passes week one issue. Lets not even talk about the GreenBay game (both of them)
it's easy to address. The Vikings called 10 pass plays and Kirk ran them. Addressed. Since you don't want to talk about the Green Bay games I won't. WTF I will. Kirk led a great comeback than tried a pass that he shouldn't have. His worst play of the season. $hit happens. Second GB game whole team sucked for whatever reason. You can always find bad games. What's your point. On the season I believe Kirk had a superb efficiency rating and that is what it's all about. It's not how many passes you throw it's how well you do with the pass plays and we were very effective. He had a much better season than the washed up Cam Newton. I don't wish Cam ill. I would be happy if he had a great comeback unless it was for a team I hate. I just don't believe he has anything left. If he did teams would be beating down his door with $34 million a year contracts. They aren't.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:39 pm
YikesVikes wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:09 pm

it's easy to address. The Vikings called 10 pass plays and Kirk ran them. Addressed. Since you don't want to talk about the Green Bay games I won't. WTF I will. Kirk led a great comeback than tried a pass that he shouldn't have. His worst play of the season. $hit happens. Second GB game whole team sucked for whatever reason. You can always find bad games. What's your point. On the season I believe Kirk had a superb efficiency rating and that is what it's all about. It's not how many passes you throw it's how well you do with the pass plays and we were very effective. He had a much better season than the washed up Cam Newton. I don't wish Cam ill. I would be happy if he had a great comeback unless it was for a team I hate. I just don't believe he has anything left. If he did teams would be beating down his door with $34 million a year contracts. They aren't.
Im done after stating that you expectations for teams to be running down Cam during a Pandemic and coming off an injured season is ridiculous. I'll remember this post to bring it up and show you how wrong you are in a year or two. Loved you blaming the whole team for sucking in the 2nd Green Bay game. Kirk is our QB and he lead us to games where we had like 35 yards total offense in a half.... at home... Ridicules.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

YikesVikes wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:29 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:39 pm
Im done after stating that you expectations for teams to be running down Cam during a Pandemic and coming off an injured season is ridiculous. I'll remember this post to bring it up and show you how wrong you are in a year or two. Loved you blaming the whole team for sucking in the 2nd Green Bay game. Kirk is our QB and he lead us to games where we had like 35 yards total offense in a half.... at home... Ridicules.
:D :rock: :govikes: :banana: :appl:
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

I just think you are both wasting your time arguing about Cameron for nothing since he is not going to be a Viking
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Not even close for what we're paying him. And I'm going to leave it at that.