Two moves that might get Vikings to Super Bowl!!!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Two moves that might get Vikings to Super Bowl!!!

Post by RandyMoss84 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:32 pm How about this to get us to the Super Bowl.
I had almost forgotten how great Percy Harvin was. These highlights brought it all back to me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC3lNjpO3a8
He's still young. Bring him back. :rock: :govikes:
Hell no, I do not want the headache back
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

YikesVikes wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 1:59 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:31 pm
I'm a Vikings fan. I didn't pay a lot of attention to Cam. I'm waffling on how good he was at his best. I'd still rather have Captain Kirk any day.
So you aren't impressed by Lamar Jackson either I guess. Or Russell Wilson. Its silly. No one but Kirk's mother, Speilman, and you, would take Kirk over Cam. He is simply a better QB. The key difference for me is that no one will build a team around Kirk. The game is never put on his shoulders but instead he is just one piece of the puzzle. For Carolina, Cam was the guy, who carried the team. He also did it without 2 top 15 WRs, a top 5 rb, and a top 10 TE.
You're getting delusional here. The Carolina Panthers simply dumped him. He's not good. I would say there isn't a team in the NFL that would take Cam over Kirk.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:31 pm
I'm a Vikings fan. I didn't pay a lot of attention to Cam. I'm waffling on how good he was at his best. I'd still rather have Captain Kirk any day.
So you aren't impressed by Lamar Jackson either I guess. Or Russell Wilson. Its silly. No one but Kirk's mother, Speilman, and you, would take Kirk over Cam. He is simply a better QB. The key difference for me is that no one will build a team around Kirk. The game is never put on his shoulders but instead he is just one piece of the puzzle. For Carolina, Cam was the guy, who carried the team. He also did it without 2 top 15 WRs, a top 5 rb, and a top 10 TE.
I'm not sure if that's in response to me or VV, but for the record, I think Wilson is an awesome QB though a mixed bag as a leader. He doesn't come across as authentic, and I think he tries too hard to be someone he isn't. Anyway, he's an amazing QB, and his play certainly sets the tone by example. I honestly haven't seen a Ravens game yet since Lamar took over for Flacco. He's evidently off to a great start. I wasn't convinced he would do well in the NFL but so far it seems he's doing very well.

With regard to Cam, I think its no surprise Carolina went to Teddy as they begin to rebuild their flailing franchise. Teddy is the anti Cam. I'll be watching Panthers games this year every chance I get, and I hope to see that franchise really take a huge step forward.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:35 pm

You're getting delusional here. The Carolina Panthers simply dumped him. He's not good. I would say there isn't a team in the NFL that would take Cam over Kirk.
You only feel this way because Kirk is in purple. If he was a Bears QB, you would see the clear faults in his game. Dude usually does not play well in big games. I live in the DC area and I have seen more Kirk games that most of you. I dont hate him as our QB but I know that we have to put a team around him to win. Put Kirk on those Carolina teams and he has no chance. 0. They end up 3rd or 4th in that division. Cam had those teams competitive with Prime Brees and Matt Ryan.

I think today's Cam is still in his prime. He was hurt and rushed back and that frayed some relationships. I believe that he is healthy now. I also believe that if we were in the market for a QB and both were available, we would take Cam.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

fiestavike wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:35 am

I'm not sure if that's in response to me or VV, but for the record, I think Wilson is an awesome QB though a mixed bag as a leader. He doesn't come across as authentic, and I think he tries too hard to be someone he isn't. Anyway, he's an amazing QB, and his play certainly sets the tone by example. I honestly haven't seen a Ravens game yet since Lamar took over for Flacco. He's evidently off to a great start. I wasn't convinced he would do well in the NFL but so far it seems he's doing very well.

With regard to Cam, I think its no surprise Carolina went to Teddy as they begin to rebuild their flailing franchise. Teddy is the anti Cam. I'll be watching Panthers games this year every chance I get, and I hope to see that franchise really take a huge step forward.
I think Wilson is a top 3 Qb in this league and his GM has cost that franchise several Chips. His WR corp has been laughable for a long time. They had a few guys they stumbled into but he hasn't had a true #1 WR for most of his career. I also think there are different types of leaders. He leads by example and I love his leadership style. He holds a camp in his home for young guys each year and I wish we had something like that for guys to bond and get on the same page like they do.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

YikesVikes wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 1:53 pm
You only feel this way because Kirk is in purple. If he was a Bears QB, you would see the clear faults in his game. Dude usually does not play well in big games. I live in the DC area and I have seen more Kirk games that most of you. I dont hate him as our QB but I know that we have to put a team around him to win. Put Kirk on those Carolina teams and he has no chance. 0. They end up 3rd or 4th in that division. Cam had those teams competitive with Prime Brees and Matt Ryan.

I think today's Cam is still in his prime. He was hurt and rushed back and that frayed some relationships. I believe that he is healthy now. I also believe that if we were in the market for a QB and both were available, we would take Cam.
If Cam is as great as people think teams would be hitting the ground hard to get him. Bellichick is stupid also. He could get a Super Bowl guy. There are no takers. The Bengals could have signed him and then selected Young in the draft. They didn't like him either. He had one great year. His a great runner first and a one read passer next. He's old to be a runner. Wilson is another guy who is ranked up there and will be a HOFer but don't forget he also had a little help. Ever here of the Legion of Boom defense. That's what carried that team. Our team has never had a D like that. Not even close. Give us that this year and we would be in the Super Bowl. People always miss that little piece of the pie with the Hawks and give Wilson all the credit. It went beyond him. That was a complete team that could do everything well. Including a great ground game. I like our guy Kirk. He the best since Fran. Won a road playoff game against a HOF QB. But he can't win a big game. He had zero chance against the 49ers because our D gave up. But Cousins gets the lose which is how it works for QBs. Brees lost a home playoff game as a heavy favorite against the biggest loser and is considered a winner. I don't get that one.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

CharVike wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 4:21 pm

If Cam is as great as people think teams would be hitting the ground hard to get him. Bellichick is stupid also. He could get a Super Bowl guy. There are no takers. The Bengals could have signed him and then selected Young in the draft. They didn't like him either. He had one great year. His a great runner first and a one read passer next. He's old to be a runner. Wilson is another guy who is ranked up there and will be a HOFer but don't forget he also had a little help. Ever here of the Legion of Boom defense. That's what carried that team. Our team has never had a D like that. Not even close. Give us that this year and we would be in the Super Bowl. People always miss that little piece of the pie with the Hawks and give Wilson all the credit. It went beyond him. That was a complete team that could do everything well. Including a great ground game. I like our guy Kirk. He the best since Fran. Won a road playoff game against a HOF QB. But he can't win a big game. He had zero chance against the 49ers because our D gave up. But Cousins gets the lose which is how it works for QBs. Brees lost a home playoff game as a heavy favorite against the biggest loser and is considered a winner. I don't get that one.
You can't take anything away from Wilson IMO. He's been making it work with a trash OL and a dearth of skill position guys for some time. He buys time, throws on the run, and makes plays. He's a special player. True, he had a good defense much of his career, but if your standard that a guy has to win it with no weapons around him, with no "help" to be considered a top tier QB....well, there just aren't any top tier QBs.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Sure we would. Teams are banging on Cam's door with 34 million a year contracts in hand. Not!!!!!!!!!
Cam is pretty much considered a veteran backup QB now. Teams won't sign him unless he is willing to accept a contract under 20 million and I wouldn't be shocked if he has to accept 10 million or so. It has nothing to do with Kirk in Purple I wanted him when he was with Washington and I think he has played very well for us so far.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 6:20 pm

Sure we would. Teams are banging on Cam's door with 34 million a year contracts in hand. Not!!!!!!!!!
Cam is pretty much considered a veteran backup QB now. Teams won't sign him unless he is willing to accept a contract under 20 million and I wouldn't be shocked if he has to accept 10 million or so. It has nothing to do with Kirk in Purple I wanted him when he was with Washington and I think he has played very well for us so far.
Yeah, Cam in his prime is better than Kirk has ever been, but Cam is not in his prime.

If he were, Carolina would not have moved on.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

There is this situation called COVID-19. It has hurt a lot of players that were hurt last season from finding homes due to an inability for teams to get their medical people to look at these guys. No COVID 19 and Cam has a home. Using the fact that he is still a FA during these times is ridiculous 🤣🤣
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

StumpHunter wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:05 pm
Yeah, Cam in his prime is better than Kirk has ever been, but Cam is not in his prime.

With that logic, the guy in NWE is better than Brady cause they chose to move on from him. The truth is personalities matter and often a new guy coming in wants his guy. I'll take Cam over Kirk every day of the week if circumstances are identical. Cam has IT and Kirk doesn't. I know he's in purple but it's pretty clear that he doesn't have IT. He's a great guy, good QB but he has never been Elite and he's been carried by the stars on this team. I mean, he's so good we won a game with him throwing 10 passes. The plan was to hide him. Never seen that in Carolina.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

The legion of boom was his rookie season I believe and quickly fell off. He has continued to carry that team, with an above average defense, no oline, and specialty players that are always injured. Give the guy his props. He is always in the playoffs and in the runnings while we with everything in the world, can't make it conservative years.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

YikesVikes wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:22 am
The legion of boom was his rookie season I believe and quickly fell off. He has continued to carry that team, with an above average defense, no oline, and specialty players that are always injured. Give the guy his props. He is always in the playoffs and in the runnings while we with everything in the world, can't make it conservative years.
This is why I want Zimmer fired
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

YikesVikes wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:19 am

With that logic, the guy in NWE is better than Brady cause they chose to move on from him. The truth is personalities matter and often a new guy coming in wants his guy. I'll take Cam over Kirk every day of the week if circumstances are identical. Cam has IT and Kirk doesn't. I know he's in purple but it's pretty clear that he doesn't have IT. He's a great guy, good QB but he has never been Elite and he's been carried by the stars on this team. I mean, he's so good we won a game with him throwing 10 passes. The plan was to hide him. Never seen that in Carolina.
NE did not cut Brady and then pay another guy the money saved to replace him. Brady wanted to make money in free agency or he would still be a Patriot. Also, Brady would still be in NE if he were in his prime. He is no longer in his prime.

Cam is done. No one knows that more than Carolina.

I absolutely would want him over Cousins if he had anything left, but he doesn't.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

YikesVikes wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:19 am

I think personality is exactly why Cam doesn't have a home. He'd be worth a flyer, and he'd be worth having in a backup role based on his ability, but he is such an egomaniac that he'd be a destabilizing force in any locker room. Even when he is the starting QB his personality is polarizing. As a backup QB, he would likely be impossible to manage. I don't think you can bring him in unless you are going to give him the keys, and nobody is going to give him the keys at this point in time. Waiting for a starter to get injured might be his best bet.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins