Viking Draft selections

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Viking Draft selections

Post by FullWood »

I see some decent draft picks and some bad ones. Thanks for posting this llsweet
cogitator
Veteran

Post by cogitator »

Jefferson rated pretty highly in most mock drafts, good pick I think.
Vikings CrucifiXS
Rookie

Post by Vikings CrucifiXS »

As a Ducks booster I'm pleased Minny drafted Troy Dye. At least now I can still root for him in the pros!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thevikinga ... y-dye/amp/
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Vikings CrucifiXS wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:41 pm As a Ducks booster I'm pleased Minny drafted Troy Dye. At least now I can still root for him in the pros!
And Dillon Mitchell is going to have a chance to make the team.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Pep2Moss
Starter

Post by Pep2Moss »

Rick has drafted 16 pro bowlers, which is the same amount as Patriot Bill, but he needs some more hits later. His 4th round has been disturbing for the most part.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

fiestavike wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:13 pm
Vikings CrucifiXS wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:41 pm As a Ducks booster I'm pleased Minny drafted Troy Dye. At least now I can still root for him in the pros!
I swear Dillon Mitchell has more talent in his left pinkie than Bisi, Sharpe, Beebe, Davion Davis and Hollins have combined.
Last edited by VikingsVictorious on Fri May 01, 2020 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:27 am

I swear Dillon Mitchell has more talent in his left pinkie than Bisi, Sharpe, Hollins, Beebe, Davion Davis and Hollins have combined.
I want Beebe cut, he ran horrible routes, why fans love him is beyond me
Pep2Moss
Starter

Post by Pep2Moss »

I swear Dillon Mitchell has more talent in his left pinkie than Bisi, Sharpe, Hollins, Beebe, Davion Davis and Hollins have combined.
I remember Ourlads outing his attitude issues, maybe he's just growing up still...I agree though, being the top target on an Oregon team is something to speak about for sure. he has loads of talent.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Pep2Moss wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:32 am
I remember Ourlads outing his attitude issues, maybe he's just growing up still...I agree though, being the top target on an Oregon team is something to speak about for sure. he has loads of talent.
All of his coaches and teammates at Oregon disputed him having attitude issues.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I swear Dillon Mitchell has more talent in his left pinkie than Bisi, Sharpe, Beebe, Davion Davis and Hollins have combined.
I wouldn’t go as far as sharpe. I think sharpe is a great #3 option. He produced some in Tennessee with terrible QB play. Now he has a QB that’s a great passer and very accurate.

If someone said would you rather have Thielen, Diggs and Bisi as your top 3

Or

Thielen, Jefferson and sharpe....

I would take the latter 10 times out of 10. I think we have a much better top 3 than we’ve had in a long time.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:44 pm
I wouldn’t go as far as sharpe. I think sharpe is a great #3 option. He produced some in Tennessee with terrible QB play. Now he has a QB that’s a great passer and very accurate.

Or

I would take the latter 10 times out of 10. I think we have a much better top 3 than we’ve had in a long time.
wow that is a bold statement. I know Jefferson is promising but to compare him to Diggs (I know not directly but at least you're saying he is closer to Diggs than Bisi is to Sharpe) before playing a snap is a bit premature to me. Time will tell, I hope you are right!!!
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

VikingPaul73 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:09 am

Or

wow that is a bold statement. I know Jefferson is promising but to compare him to Diggs (I know not directly but at least you're saying he is closer to Diggs than Bisi is to Sharpe) before playing a snap is a bit premature to me. Time will tell, I hope you are right!!!
I'm with you he went too far with declaring the Jefferson group better. I've seen Sharpe and Mitchell play. Mitchell is better.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Or

Sure it's simply based off of assumption and is definitely premature but I'm not saying Jefferson will be better than Diggs but I think Sharpe is much better than Bisi. My whole thing is, the Thielen, Diggs, Bisi group, IMO it's just two WRs. You can find a Bisi Johnson anywhere. Like sure I think it's a good hit for a 7th rounder but we could simply find a FA WR on vet minimum that could repeat 31 catches for 294 yards. And I can tell you that Bisi wouldnt repeat that in Tennessee. They have struggled with QB play since Sharpe has been there and I dont see Bisi putting up numbers like that in Tennessee. The last few years Sharpe has had similar numbers but I think Sharpe is definitely a better talent. He's just had bad QBs.

As for Jefferson, I think he's going to be the top dog within a few years. Thielen is always going to be solid just because of his work ethic and elite route running. But I think it will eventually be Jefferson as the #1 and Thielen as the #2. I honestly think Jefferson has a legit shot to win offensive rookie of the year. He's falling into a position that was getting 90+ targets a year. They arent going to be afraid to throw him into the fire and he's done nothing but play against top level competition his whole college career. I see Jefferson as a 1000 yard WR by year 2. Jefferson would've been a top 12-15 pick if it wasnt for Jeudy, Lamb and Ruggs IMO.

Again, I know I'm going out on a limb but I personally like that WR core as a GROUP better than what we had this past year. If I'm wrong, I'll eat crow but I'm hoping I am not.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 11:15 am

I'm with you he went too far with declaring the Jefferson group better. I've seen Sharpe and Mitchell play. Mitchell is better.
Mitchell's career is 1 catch for 10 yards in a preseason game no less. I'm not sure how you can make that comparison to Sharpe when Mitchell never saw the field his rookie year. Maybe that would change this year but I dont see it. I like Mitchell coming out but it's hard to really say how good he is given he sat his entire rookie season.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:34 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 11:15 am
Mitchell's career is 1 catch for 10 yards in a preseason game no less. I'm not sure how you can make that comparison to Sharpe when Mitchell never saw the field his rookie year. Maybe that would change this year but I dont see it. I like Mitchell coming out but it's hard to really say how good he is given he sat his entire rookie season.
I have seen him play in college. I think Zimmer made a HUGE mistake with Mitchell. It's what I believe. I have no proof for it.