Two moves that might get Vikings to Super Bowl!!!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Two moves that might get Vikings to Super Bowl!!!

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:16 pm
YikesVikes wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:33 pm

RIght but Cam is vilified for it. Don't get me wrong, he rubs me as robotic and always says the right thing for the Cameras but so is Brady and everyone loves him.

Do Disrespect to Kirk but he is not better QB than Cam is right not. Cam would also be a better fit as a pure football player. There are things Kirk does better than Cam but I would trade Kirk for Cam in a heartbeat.
Kirk is a far better QB than Cam is now and probably better than Cam ever was.
How many Super Bowl appearances and MVPs does Kirk have again?

Cam is not the same QB he was then, but let's not sell his career short. He had his moments.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

StumpHunter wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:22 pm

Cam is not the same QB he was then, but let's not sell his career short. He had his moments.
I'm going to make one reply here Stump. I never thought Cam was very good even at his very best. To me he was slightly above average. Did Cam go to the Super Bowl by himself or did he happen to be on a team that went to the Super Bowl. I already know your answer so I don't know why I bothered.

I fault nobody for thinking that Cam was better than Cousins while at his best. It's just not an opinion that I share.
Last edited by VikingsVictorious on Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:29 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:22 pm

I'm going to make one reply here Stump. I never thought Cam was very good even at his very best. To me he was slightly above average. Did Cam go to the Super Bowl by himself or did he happen to be on a team that went to the Super Bowl. I already know your answer so I don't know why I bothered.
I just...Cam threw for 3800 yards, 35 TDs and 10 ints on top of 10 TDs and 650 yards rushing on a team that went 15-1. He won the MVP that year, and yes, played the largest part of any player on his team to get them to the SB.

Do you have any season where Cousins could match that production in stats or wins? One where he comes close?

I won't argue Cousins isn't the better passer, even in Cam's prime he was never very accurate with the football, but as a QB overall, what he did for his team as an individual, Cam was better in 2015 than Cousins has ever been.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

StumpHunter wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:05 am

If some team doesn't become desperate for a starter before the season, I think he ends up retiring rather than be a backup because of that ego.

To be fair to him though, Rodgers has a massive ego. So does Brady.
RIght but Cam is vilified for it. Don't get me wrong, he rubs me as robotic and always says the right thing for the Cameras but so is Brady and everyone loves him.

Do Disrespect to Kirk but he is not better QB than Cam is right not. Cam would also be a better fit as a pure football player. There are things Kirk does better than Cam but I would trade Kirk for Cam in a heartbeat.
I can't stand any of them, Rodgers least of all.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Put down the Koolaid. This from a guy that likes Kirk. He simply is not. He is a very good QB but he isn't Cam. Kirk has never been an MVP and the only reason you are stunning for him is that he is your QB. Stop.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

YikesVikes wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:25 pm
Put down the Koolaid. This from a guy that likes Kirk. He simply is not. He is a very good QB but he isn't Cam. Kirk has never been an MVP and the only reason you are stunning for him is that he is your QB. Stop.
If you're talking about right now Cam is completely washed up and Kirk is one of the best. I think Cam wasn't anything special even in his MVP year. So it's my opinion that Cam was never as good as Kirk is now. It's ok if you have a different opinion.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:13 pm
YikesVikes wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:25 pm

If you're talking about right now Cam is completely washed up and Kirk is one of the best. I think Cam wasn't anything special even in his MVP year. So it's my opinion that Cam was never as good as Kirk is now. It's ok if you have a different opinion.
You mean you didn't measure Cam's MVP season by production? If you did, he was clearly the best QB in the league that year. :beerock:
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

fiestavike wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:51 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:13 pm
You mean you didn't measure Cam's MVP season by production? If you did, he was clearly the best QB in the league that year. :beerock:
He did put up big numbers. I"m not a fan of QBs who gain a large part of their value in rushing stats.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

Cam wouldnt settle for a backup role
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:24 am
fiestavike wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:51 am

He did put up big numbers. I"m not a fan of QBs who gain a large part of their value in rushing stats.
Production is what wins games though :wink:
Cam threw for 3800 yards, 35 TDs and 10 ints on top of 10 TDs and 650 yards rushing on a team that went 15-1
Seems to me you should recognize that Cam truly was an elite QB. :popcorn:
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

fiestavike wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:24 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:24 am
Cam threw for 3800 yards, 35 TDs and 10 ints on top of 10 TDs and 650 yards rushing on a team that went 15-1
Production is what wins games. However 3800 yards isn't much production. 35 TDs is.10 Interceptions is too many. Carolina that year was the worst 15-1 football team of all time. If you count the rushing production which I don't like doing with QBs you can make a case for him being elite that year. His rushing was not sustainable and he has faded pretty fast.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:56 pm
fiestavike wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:24 am

Production is what wins games. However 3800 yards isn't much production. 35 TDs is.10 Interceptions is too many. Carolina that year was the worst 15-1 football team of all time. If you count the rushing production which I don't like doing with QBs you can make a case for him being elite that year. His rushing was not sustainable and he has faded pretty fast.
That strikes me as arbitrary. Are you leaning more toward the rock or the hard place?

PS, I've never been all that impressed with Cam myself
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

fiestavike wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:29 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:56 pm
That strikes me as arbitrary. Are you leaning more toward the rock or the hard place?

I'm a Vikings fan. I didn't pay a lot of attention to Cam. I'm waffling on how good he was at his best. I'd still rather have Captain Kirk any day.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

How about this to get us to the Super Bowl.
I had almost forgotten how great Percy Harvin was. These highlights brought it all back to me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC3lNjpO3a8
He's still young. Bring him back. :rock: :govikes:
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:31 pm
fiestavike wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:29 pm

I'm a Vikings fan. I didn't pay a lot of attention to Cam. I'm waffling on how good he was at his best. I'd still rather have Captain Kirk any day.
So you aren't impressed by Lamar Jackson either I guess. Or Russell Wilson. Its silly. No one but Kirk's mother, Speilman, and you, would take Kirk over Cam. He is simply a better QB. The key difference for me is that no one will build a team around Kirk. The game is never put on his shoulders but instead he is just one piece of the puzzle. For Carolina, Cam was the guy, who carried the team. He also did it without 2 top 15 WRs, a top 5 rb, and a top 10 TE.