2020 UDFA Class

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pep2Moss
Starter

2020 UDFA Class

Post by Pep2Moss »

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2020/4/27 ... ree-agents

Anyone stand out for you guys? Fehr seems like a physical freak. I took Clarke and Dorn in many of my mocks late, but don't know anything about the other guys.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: 2020 UDFA Class

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Davis, Clarke, Dorn and Higby. I read somewhere that Higby had the highest RAS score of any guard in the draft. That means there could be some potential.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:17 am Davis, Clarke, Dorn and Higby. I read somewhere that Higby had the highest RAS score of any guard in the draft. That means there could be some potential.
Maybe Hinton?

https://zonecoverage.com/2020/minnesota ... pth-chart/
Hinton’s RAS of 9.43 is a top-five score among either draft-eligible guards or tackles, so he’s clearly athletic. With leaps of 10’1″ in the broad jump and 34.5 inches in the vertical, Hinton has “elite” explosion, and his 1.71/2.81/4.88 10/20/40 times give him “elite” speed as well. His agility is merely “good” and of course, he’s a couple of inches shorter and 20 pounds lighter than what the NFL wants.
Kind of a mata'afa for the offensive side of the ball?

He'll have a hard time making anything more than the practice squad this year, but I like the potential.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

fiestavike wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:20 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:17 am Davis, Clarke, Dorn and Higby. I read somewhere that Higby had the highest RAS score of any guard in the draft. That means there could be some potential.
Maybe Hinton?

Hinton’s RAS of 9.43 is a top-five score among either draft-eligible guards or tackles, so he’s clearly athletic. With leaps of 10’1″ in the broad jump and 34.5 inches in the vertical, Hinton has “elite” explosion, and his 1.71/2.81/4.88 10/20/40 times give him “elite” speed as well. His agility is merely “good” and of course, he’s a couple of inches shorter and 20 pounds lighter than what the NFL wants.

He'll have a hard time making anything more than the practice squad this year, but I like the potential.
No it was Higby. I know that Hinton is ridiculously athletic. I'm still figuring out exactly what RAS and SPARQ mean and just what the difference is.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:27 am
fiestavike wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:20 am

Maybe Hinton?

No it was Higby. I know that Hinton is ridiculously athletic. I'm still figuring out exactly what RAS and SPARQ mean and just what the difference is.
Nice! I wonder if we'll get a surprise cut this year, like Pat Elflein. Unlikely unless we get a training camp and preseason probably.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

fiestavike wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:43 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:27 am
Nice! I wonder if we'll get a surprise cut this year, like Pat Elflein. Unlikely unless we get a training camp and preseason probably.
I tried to find Higby's RAS score and he didn't have an official one so what I read may have been mixing the two up. Hinton having a great RAS score would make more sense.
Hinton also didn't have an official RAS score as his testing/measurements weren't done at the Combine. So maybe somebody was projecting RAS scores for them based on unofficial results.
Pep2Moss
Starter

Post by Pep2Moss »

Maybe deserves it's own thread, but who do you guys see as our starting guards this year? Short off season will kill guys that need to learn the system
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Pep2Moss wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:31 pm Maybe deserves it's own thread, but who do you guys see as our starting guards this year? Short off season will kill guys that need to learn the system
Samia and Cleveland. I started an offensive line thread.