Hey Spielman try TRADING UP FOR A CHANGE!!!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Hey Spielman try TRADING UP FOR A CHANGE!!!

Post by Maelstrom88 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:20 pm
Maelstrom88 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:44 am

Do we know the teams on the clock ahead of the cowboys were willing to trade all the way down with us? I doubt it unless we gave up the farm.
I'm almost certain the Falcons would've traded with us for our second round pick but we would've taken Jefferson anyway
Yeah I could see that but I think they were in love with Lamb.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

halfgiz wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:49 am I think that Rick missed taking a few impact players because he just sat there with his precious picks.
The Offensive line, we got lucky and Cleveland fell to us. Then the only other OL picks was R6 and R7 both projects. How did he do with the offensive line?? Which was a priority!

We could have had Lamb who would have been a better fit and more of an impact player.
But Rick sat on his picks.
Right or wrong they preferred Jefferson to Lamb and it would have been a waste as we got him anyway.
Last edited by VikingsVictorious on Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:32 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:20 pm
I'm almost certain the Falcons would've traded with us for our second round pick but we would've taken Jefferson anyway
The Vikings told the world they were trying to trade up for Jefferson. They could certainly be lying.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Trading up is seldom a good idea. Before doing it you better be confident of two things. The player you are trading up for won't be available at the pick you already have and the player you are trading up for is worth the extra cost. I could easily see the Vikings trading up for Cleveland in the 2nd round using pick 58 and 89. That would have been an epic blunder and fortunately they didn't make it.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:51 pm
Maelstrom88 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:32 pm

The Vikings told the world they were trying to trade up for Jefferson. They could certainly be lying.
I thought you said Dallas not Atlanta my bad. As much as I think Lamb will be a good player I think Jefferson has just as much potential and I'd much rather keep the picks.
mael·strom

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:00 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:51 pm
I thought you said Dallas not Atlanta my bad. As much as I think Lamb will be a good player I think Jefferson has just as much potential and I'd much rather keep the picks.
I would much rather have Lamb, but I don't think I would trade Jefferson and Cleveland for Lamb.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

halfgiz wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:49 am I think that Rick missed taking a few impact players because he just sat there with his precious picks.
The Offensive line, we got lucky and Cleveland fell to us. Then the only other OL picks was R6 and R7 both projects. How did he do with the offensive line?? Which was a priority!

We could have had Lamb who would have been a better fit and more of an impact player.
But Rick sat on his picks.
Do we know the teams on the clock ahead of the cowboys were willing to trade all the way down with us? I doubt it unless we gave up the farm.
Dallas from what I understand was trying to trade down. One of the reasons they took Lamb was to keep him from going to Philly.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

halfgiz wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:40 pm

Dallas from what I understand was trying to trade down. One of the reasons they took Lamb was to keep him from going to Philly.
Huh didn't hear that. I thought they were blown away that he was still left. Either way it is what it is at this point.
mael·strom

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:03 pm
halfgiz wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:40 pm

Huh didn't hear that. I thought they were blown away that he was still left. Either way it is what it is at this point.
Dallas not wanting to take Lamb sure doesn't sound right.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:15 pm
Maelstrom88 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:03 pm

Dallas not wanting to take Lamb sure doesn't sound right.
In the end, Dallas takes Lamb...one, because they never felt he'd be there, and two, there is no way they let the Eagles get him.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

I wish the Eagles got him, I rather see Lamb play with the Eagles than Cowboys
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

IMO I would have traded all our picks for Chase Young. He was the best player in this draft by far. Monster pass rushers solve alot of defensive issues. But I don't think all our picks would have got us to number 2. This draft didn't have a great pool. That's why the Saints bailed out. Look at pick 1 Burrow. At the beginning of the year the guy had 2nd to 3rd round talent. All of the sudden he's worth pick 1? That was a major reach especially with Young sitting there who was the best player. I know the value of QBs but Burrow didn't develope top flight talent over night. This isn't an Elway or Marino type talent. Isn't close IMO. Doesn't have the arm I like. I'm never a fan of drafting WR in round one. Yes you can hit Moss and Rice come to mind but a bunch of WRs were selected which indicates the talent pool level. Lamb has great size but he's not a bullet by any stretch. Neither was Rice of course but I like speed. That keeps the defense honest and helps the ground game. Don't bring the safeties up or say good night. But I think overall Speilman did a good job with what he had. He probably did try and trade up but that was almost impossible in this draft. I liked players 2,3 and 4. That was the cream. I'm sure every team did. Of course he'll say Jefferson was his guy from day one but what else could he have said? I liked Young better to take Griff's spot. I'm sure he did but he needed a bunch of premium picks to get there. He took the best available at his spot which also covered a need. I liked Jacob Eason as a high risk QB. I liked Lock last year. Speilman and crew didn't. But I do like the kid from round 7. It's only a hope and a wish but he has talent. It's not Tyler Thigpen again who didn't have talent. I didn't really see a 1st round QB talent this year. Billichek didn't either or he would have jumped. He saw nothing later on either. That tells the story right there about the position in this draft. To me Young was / is the guy.