Trent Williams

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Trent Williams

Post by fiestavike »

probably for the best.

time to get younger. I hope we take a QB this year or next as we get younger and open a superbowl window with a QB on a rookie deal.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

I am a little sad Vikings missed out on Trent but I am happy Trent is on a contender now
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

.... and then the Skins immediately draft a trouble-maker OT. :lol: What a great organization.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:50 am
Bowhunting Viking wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:55 am

I was really suprised last night. I didn't post it on the board, but did tell it to another board member, that one of Williams current teammates reached out to the one I know and he said he was pretty sure that Williams was gonna be playing with Cousins again. So I was expecting it to happen.
Glad I didn't post it . Lol. I even said it didn't come straight from Williams so I won't say it.
I'm bummed because I was have access to a good friend a Vikes player. He said if Williams did go to us he would get us tickets and passes for us to get some access to meet some players, and he was gonna get him this really cool commemorative ball I have to him and get it signed by the team. Said that stuff happens all the time. Ppl bring stuff in from friends and family etc and guys sign stuff. Just cool stuff .
But it didn't happen so I just hope Cleveland, who reminds me so much of O'Neil, ends up turning out to work out as well as O'Neil has.
I never said he was coming here for sure. I was just doing my best to find out to keep u guys updated since I had a little extra insight.
Sorry, I tried to be a Rappaport lol. I will stick to bowhunting.
I was just giving you a hard time. :lol:
Oh I know. No problem. That's why I'm more comfortable 20 ft up in the air in a tree and not on TV reporting info lol.
I'm guessing it was gonna happen then Shanahan got involved and Williams backed out.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Texas Vike wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:16 am .... and then the Skins immediately draft a trouble-maker OT. :lol: What a great organization.
LOL!!! :lol:
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

It is funny this page has 33 pages and Vikings missed out on Trent 😂
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:17 am It is funny this page has 33 pages and Vikings missed out on Trent 😂
Like I said earlier.... it's been a saga.

I'm glad it's over, for his own good, and so we can move one. I like (Better than) Ezra Cleveland. Trent made me nervous due to age, injury history, and cost. Cleveland compares to O'Neil? Awesome. Give me that.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Texas Vike wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:20 am
RandyMoss84 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:17 am It is funny this page has 33 pages and Vikings missed out on Trent 😂
Like I said earlier.... it's been a saga.

I'm glad it's over, for his own good, and so we can move one. I like (Better than) Ezra Cleveland. Trent made me nervous due to age, injury history, and cost. Cleveland compares to O'Neil? Awesome. Give me that.
Cleveland is just like a twin of O'Neil on the other side. I'm real good with it. Hope he will do exactly like O'Neil did and get a little stronger to be able to push people around a little better. I like it alot
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Schefter just reported Staley retiring and let Niners know. So I guess that gives some answers to the whole deal.
Now lock the thread... he ain't coming here! :lol: :lol:
Fat Stupid Loser
Starter

Post by Fat Stupid Loser »

I read, for what its worth, he wanted to play for Shanny again.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Makes sense for everyone, he wants a ring and Washington gets decent compensation.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Fat Stupid Loser wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:58 pm I read, for what its worth, he wanted to play for Shanny again.
Seems like it.

One thing we did learn, or perhaps already knew, is that his agent will lie for his client.

The Vikings offered more than SF did for him, and he is now playing in SF.

There is only one reason that would happen: Williams said no to going to the Vikings, which directly contradicts what his agent said.

This actually feels a lot like collusion and I wonder if Shannahan broke any rules getting Williams?
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

StumpHunter wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:52 pm
Fat Stupid Loser wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:58 pm I read, for what its worth, he wanted to play for Shanny again.
Seems like it.

One thing we did learn, or perhaps already knew, is that his agent will lie for his client.

The Vikings offered more than SF did for him, and he is now playing in SF.

There is only one reason that would happen: Williams said no to going to the Vikings, which directly contradicts what his agent said.

This actually feels a lot like collusion and I wonder if Shannahan broke any rules getting Williams?
Smart move on Williams part. The 49ers will pay him. And after this draft 49ers could be the best team in the NFC.