Trent Williams

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Trent Williams

Post by IIsweet »

Well Ezra Cleveland looks to be the LT in 2021 I assume with that pick.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Thank you Vikings for trying! Good luck Redskins!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:26 pm Thank you Vikings for trying! Good luck Redskins!
Not that I didnt like the Ezra Cleveland pick because everything screams Brian O'Neill with him but I was on the phone with my buddy during that pick and saw we werent going after Williams and man was I swearing up a storm.

And not necessarily because we didnt land Williams but Washingtons stupidity just ticks me off. That's why they are the laughing stock of the league and will continue to be the laughing stock of the league. You have no left tackle and are going to continue to pay a guy big money to not play. For what? Just to stick it up his as#?? Like you guys need all the picks you can get, you're fricken terrible!!! Your best offensive player is a 35 year old Adrian Peterson. You have a terrible OL, a terrible QB, terrible WRs outside of possibly McLaurin, no tight end, a pathetic defense (even with Chase Young who will rot there), etc. Like WTF are you doing? Take the fricken picks. I'm sorry but they are in no way even attempting to rebuild. They are more worried about sticking it up Trent Williams as# instead of cutting your losses, moving on and rebuilding. I thought Rivera would have a shot to maybe get them rebuilding but he is just as clueless.

I honestly feel bad for Trent Williams. He's stuck in an organization that doesnt care about him, his health, nothing. He's stuck. I dont blame him for being ticked when they blow off a cancerous growth for 6 years. They are going nowhere and will be lucky to even win a game this year.

This is literally like Diggs hating the organization for whatever reason, saying he wont play another down, holds out and we continue to pay him for not one but TWO years now just to say fuc# you? Like is it just me or is that just absolutely idiotic. That's not how you build a team. And I can guarantee that it ticks other players off that they are doing that to Williams. It makes players not want to be there. They are a fuc#ing joke and always will be. They deserve to lose and will lose a lot of games for a long time.

Rant fricken over!
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Redskins LT Trent Williams declined the team's proposed trade to the Vikings.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/ ... um=twitter

Bowhunter: What'd you say?! :lol:
84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 84BreaksAnkles »

That’s interesting. The article implies Williams turned down the trade after we picked Cleveland. Were we trying to trade him and picks for Trent? It’s unfortunate cause we would be in a lot better shape with him than this kid from Boise State.
Please just watch(04:39-05:18):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxXCuSyj18M&t=4m39s
This is a dog.
Compare that to this guy (00:46-01:01):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar3ioQywcAc&t=0m45s
"It's ok to hit the bag"
84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 84BreaksAnkles »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:31 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:26 pm Thank you Vikings for trying! Good luck Redskins!
Not that I didnt like the Ezra Cleveland pick because everything screams Brian O'Neill with him but I was on the phone with my buddy during that pick and saw we werent going after Williams and man was I swearing up a storm.

And not necessarily because we didnt land Williams but Washingtons stupidity just ticks me off. That's why they are the laughing stock of the league and will continue to be the laughing stock of the league. You have no left tackle and are going to continue to pay a guy big money to not play. For what? Just to stick it up his as#?? Like you guys need all the picks you can get, you're fricken terrible!!! Your best offensive player is a 35 year old Adrian Peterson. You have a terrible OL, a terrible QB, terrible WRs outside of possibly McLaurin, no tight end, a pathetic defense (even with Chase Young who will rot there), etc. Like WTF are you doing? Take the fricken picks. I'm sorry but they are in no way even attempting to rebuild. They are more worried about sticking it up Trent Williams as# instead of cutting your losses, moving on and rebuilding. I thought Rivera would have a shot to maybe get them rebuilding but he is just as clueless.

I honestly feel bad for Trent Williams. He's stuck in an organization that doesnt care about him, his health, nothing. He's stuck. I dont blame him for being ticked when they blow off a cancerous growth for 6 years. They are going nowhere and will be lucky to even win a game this year.

This is literally like Diggs hating the organization for whatever reason, saying he wont play another down, holds out and we continue to pay him for not one but TWO years now just to say fuc# you? Like is it just me or is that just absolutely idiotic. That's not how you build a team. And I can guarantee that it ticks other players off that they are doing that to Williams. It makes players not want to be there. They are a fuc#ing joke and always will be. They deserve to lose and will lose a lot of games for a long time.

Rant fricken over!
Well if that article is true this is why you don’t assume you know what’s going on behind the scenes.. all that venom to the redskins for nothing.
Please just watch(04:39-05:18):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxXCuSyj18M&t=4m39s
This is a dog.
Compare that to this guy (00:46-01:01):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar3ioQywcAc&t=0m45s
"It's ok to hit the bag"
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Who did Rapaport speak with ? Redskins execs or Williams ?
There is definitely bad blood there. Williams wants out. I don't think he nixes a trade because we take a 2nd rd OT. I am sure that he knows that he is better than the kid. That makes no sense to nix that trade from his standpoint.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:20 am NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Redskins LT Trent Williams declined the team's proposed trade to the Vikings.

I think that report is fake news.
Punkoholic
Rookie

Post by Punkoholic »

IIsweet wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:18 am Who did Rapaport speak with ? Redskins execs or Williams ?
There is definitely bad blood there. Williams wants out. I don't think he nixes a trade because we take a 2nd rd OT. I am sure that he knows that he is better than the kid. That makes no sense to nix that trade from his standpoint.
From this link, it seems like he rejected the trade prior to the Vikings picking Cleveland.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com ... -the-table
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:02 am
PacificNorseWest wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:20 am NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Redskins LT Trent Williams declined the team's proposed trade to the Vikings.

I think that report is fake news.
https://www.hogshaven.com/2020/4/25/212 ... r-redskins
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

What a fascinating turn to the story.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Fat Stupid Loser
Starter

Post by Fat Stupid Loser »

84BreaksAnkles wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:32 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:31 pm

Rant fricken over!
Well if that article is true this is why you don’t assume you know what’s going on behind the scenes.. all that venom to the redskins for nothing.
Despite this article, his rant wasn't for nothing and most of it applies to just about everything they do.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

This saga is a bit like the drama of a romantic relationship. No one wants to be the one who was interested while the other party wasn't.

It's likely impossible for us to know the details, timing of who said what and when, etc. For example, did he nix the deal to the Vikings before or after we chose Cleveland? Did he just get offended that we didn't want him enough to trade more than a day 3 pick? Does he not want to play with Cousins? Does he not want to play/ live in MN for another reason? Does he think we won't have the money to pay him what he thinks he's worth? There are rumors that the 49ers are a potential landing spot: is that because he sees them as a real contender and we're not?
Punkoholic
Rookie

Post by Punkoholic »

Williams claims that report is false.
psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by psjordan »

Who knows, maybe Williams' agent spoke to the Vikes about a potential contract and it was not close to what he was looking for. Maybe he didn't want to go from holdout to holdout. At this point I honestly no longer care. He was a huge gamble in terms of health, ability to play a full season and amount he would cost. Moving on seems like the best strategy for everyone.