Vikings select CB Cameron Dantzler

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Vikings select CB Cameron Dantzler

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Last edited by Maelstrom88 on Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Vikings select Cameron Dantzler

Post by Maelstrom88 »

I love this pick. This guy was hurt at the combine and was knocked for his speed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChadGraff/st ... gr%5Etweet
mael·strom

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Vikings select CB Cameron Dantzler

Post by RandyMoss84 »

I have no problem with it, I have never seen him play
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I love it. Dantzler is even bigger than Rhodes is. 6'2 1/4, physical, good balls skills, etc. I said to my buddy on the phone I wanted either Jordan Elliott or Dantzler. Elliott went to Cleveland the pick before and Dantzler was ours for the taking. Great value pick right here. He had some late first round early 2nd round buzz for a while before the combine.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:36 pm I love it. Dantzler is even bigger than Rhodes is. 6'2 1/4, physical, good balls skills, etc. I said to my buddy on the phone I wanted either Jordan Elliott or Dantzler. Elliott went to Cleveland the pick before and Dantzler was ours for the taking. Great value pick right here. He had some late first round early 2nd round buzz for a while before the combine.
I said I hope they take Dantzler right before they announced It! Needless to say I was excited when they called his name. :lol:
mael·strom

YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

I like the pick. It was a very important position. We have almost 0 depth.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

YikesVikes wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:21 pm I like the pick. It was a very important position. We have almost 0 depth.
Gotta coach these guys up fast. They may get thrown in early.
mael·strom

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:23 pm
YikesVikes wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:21 pm I like the pick. It was a very important position. We have almost 0 depth.
Gotta coach these guys up fast. They may get thrown in early.
Yeah thats why I really want a vet to sign. Just bring Terrance Newman back lol
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

I mean Captain Munnerlyn is also available to help teach these guys. I'm surprised we haven't brought him back on the cheap to help these new guys learn.
84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 84BreaksAnkles »

https://youtu.be/d5m1_w8pky
Hopefully this kid doesn’t see much of the field..
Please just watch(04:39-05:18):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxXCuSyj18M&t=4m39s
This is a dog.
Compare that to this guy (00:46-01:01):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar3ioQywcAc&t=0m45s
"It's ok to hit the bag"
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Could certainly see him being a deep 3rd safety if he doesn't work out at CB, but I suspect they'll use him a lot to play bump and run in man.

I still hope they get Amik Robertson and/or Kindle Vildor.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

84BreaksAnkles wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:43 am https://youtu.be/d5m1_w8pky
There you go again. You know more than all the scouts and people who actually do this for a living.

Yawn.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

84BreaksAnkles wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:43 am https://youtu.be/d5m1_w8pky
I tried watching the video link and it was unavailable. I'm going to look for game film against LSU and see how he looks.
I couldn't find video that showed every play, but this video showed a lot.
He was great in run support with a couple tackles behind the line, He also had a sack of Burrow.
Stuck with the receivers nicely and just missed an interceptions. No TD allowed and he only gave up one TD in the SEC over 2 seasons. Sounds like a player I wouldn't mind seeing much of the field.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HMo64kpkNg
84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 84BreaksAnkles »

I omit my initial reaction. The kid looks like he’s got a lot of potential. Definitely slid down to us late in the third.

He’s got range, speed, and an incredible red zone percentage in his 3 years. I would like to see him come in around 195-200 to start the season, but I think we literally solved our secondary with this draft... gladney is a dog. Dantzler seems to have some dog in him, and both have huge upside.

Then we add hand and the two safeties to learn under what may be one of the top tandems in the league this year. Pretty excited with what zim has to work with.

I think our secondary will be thrown in to the fire obviously for depth reasons, but also because I believe our front 7 takes a major step back from previous years. Losing shamar, linval, and Everton is a massive void, and even if these two new edge guys end up to be good players, it will be hard to expect the same level of play we’ve been used to. Linval was an absolute beast, and shamar was really coming into his own. Not to mention everything Everton gave us.

Hopefully this group of young guys embrace leadership of Ant and harry, and follow suit. If so we could really make some more key investments in both our lines next year, and we have the potential start of something special in Minnesota again. This could be a historic draft for the Vikings.
Please just watch(04:39-05:18):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxXCuSyj18M&t=4m39s
This is a dog.
Compare that to this guy (00:46-01:01):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar3ioQywcAc&t=0m45s
"It's ok to hit the bag"
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

84BreaksAnkles wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:22 pm I omit my initial reaction. The kid looks like he’s got a lot of potential. Definitely slid down to us late in the third.

He’s got range, speed, and an incredible red zone percentage in his 3 years. I would like to see him come in around 195-200 to start the season, but I think we literally solved our secondary with this draft... gladney is a dog. Dantzler seems to have some dog in him, and both have huge upside.

Then we add hand and the two safeties to learn under what may be one of the top tandems in the league this year. Pretty excited with what zim has to work with.

I think our secondary will be thrown in to the fire obviously for depth reasons, but also because I believe our front 7 takes a major step back from previous years. Losing shamar, linval, and Everton is a massive void, and even if these two new edge guys end up to be good players, it will be hard to expect the same level of play we’ve been used to. Linval was an absolute beast, and shamar was really coming into his own. Not to mention everything Everton gave us.

Hopefully this group of young guys embrace leadership of Ant and harry, and follow suit. If so we could really make some more key investments in both our lines next year, and we have the potential start of something special in Minnesota again. This could be a historic draft for the Vikings.
You're coming around. Yeah I think Dantzler looks real good. Hopefully we can bring Griffin back. We added three edge rushers, but I'm certain that Lynch will be shifted to 3T and I think he will win the starting job next to Pierce.