Trent Williams

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Trent Williams

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Washington practically handing us Williams on a silver platter.

TRENT WILLIAMS
T, WASHINGTON REDSKINS

NBC Sports' JP Finlay reports the Redskins wants a package that gets second round value for LT Trent Williams.
Finlay noted that Washington is speaking with multiple teams, but they remain focused on getting fair compensation back in any deal. They're reportedly willing to be flexible about how a team wants to creates a fair package worthy of second round value, although the market could be drying up just a bit after the Browns and Jets each took offensive tackles in the first round. Williams has been one of the league's best blindside protectors for years and would be an upgrade for most, if not all, teams. The Vikings have been a trendy contender according to recent reports.

SOURCE: JP Finlay on Twitter
Apr 24, 2020, 2:22 PM ET

All we have to do is offer a 3rd and Reiff and that can easily be construed as 2nd round value. Just get this done already.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:15 pm Washington practically handing us Williams on a silver platter.

TRENT WILLIAMS
T, WASHINGTON REDSKINS

NBC Sports' JP Finlay reports the Redskins wants a package that gets second round value for LT Trent Williams.
Finlay noted that Washington is speaking with multiple teams, but they remain focused on getting fair compensation back in any deal. They're reportedly willing to be flexible about how a team wants to creates a fair package worthy of second round value, although the market could be drying up just a bit after the Browns and Jets each took offensive tackles in the first round. Williams has been one of the league's best blindside protectors for years and would be an upgrade for most, if not all, teams. The Vikings have been a trendy contender according to recent reports.

SOURCE: JP Finlay on Twitter
Apr 24, 2020, 2:22 PM ET

All we have to do is offer a 3rd and Reiff and that can easily be construed as 2nd round value. Just get this done already.
Yup! I hope it will get it done tonight
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

they might view Reiff and a 3rd as 7th round value due to his enormous contract :smilevike:
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

VikingPaul73 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:26 pm they might view Reiff and a 3rd as 7th round value due to his enormous contract :smilevike:
He's only going to cost them $8.8 million. For a starting LT that is CHEAP. If he doesn't work out they can cut him and save that $8.8 million, but IMO that is not likely at all to happen.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

It's funny, no one here wants Reiff and yet we think Washington will jump on him and his overpaid contract. I don't want Williams anyway, he's too old, costs too much, and hasn't played a full season in forever. He's a short term upgrade when this team needs to look long term. RT's are easy to find in the upcoming rounds and O'Neil should be able to play LT if he's as good as everyone thinks he is.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

Trading Reiff and a 3rd is a great trade for Williams's talent, though, the Redskins would have to be absolutely gobsmackingly moronic not to take that trade that gives them the absolute best value. The Vikings will not give them more than that and if they do, we reached hard for Williams.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

S197 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:11 pm It's funny, no one here wants Reiff and yet we think Washington will jump on him and his overpaid contract. I don't want Williams anyway, he's too old, costs too much, and hasn't played a full season in forever. He's a short term upgrade when this team needs to look long term. RT's are easy to find in the upcoming rounds and O'Neil should be able to play LT if he's as good as everyone thinks he is.
No, Keep O'Neill on the right side. The problem with our O-Line is that we keep moving people all about. We need to STOP doing that.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:25 pm
S197 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:11 pm It's funny, no one here wants Reiff and yet we think Washington will jump on him and his overpaid contract. I don't want Williams anyway, he's too old, costs too much, and hasn't played a full season in forever. He's a short term upgrade when this team needs to look long term. RT's are easy to find in the upcoming rounds and O'Neil should be able to play LT if he's as good as everyone thinks he is.
No, Keep O'Neill on the right side. The problem with our O-Line is that we keep moving people all about. We need to STOP doing that.
Tackles starting out their career on the right side then moving to left when they gain experience is very common. It's much more rare to start a rookie at LT unless he's one of the top picks in the draft.

The problem with our O-line is it was neglected for so long and the scouting has been rather poor.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

S197 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:39 pm
Rhodes Closed wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:25 pm

Tackles starting out their career on the right side then moving to left when they gain experience is very common. It's much more rare to start a rookie at LT unless he's one of the top picks in the draft.

The problem with our O-line is it was neglected for so long and the scouting has been rather poor.
I'd rather not move the guy who's only given up 1 sack in two years to the left. Sue me for keeping him where he's successful.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

I want Reiff. Only way I don't want him is if we trade for Williams.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

The only other option I think that's available for the Redskins is if we trade Harris and a 3rd for Trent and move Reiff to Guard, but I believe that might be a little more shortsighted than simply trading Reiff and a 3rd.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Too old? Williams is just 31 years old, I rather have Williams than Peters who is 38 years old
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:25 pm
Too old? He is just 31 years old, so I guess you want Peters instead who is 38 years old?
What would lead you to guess that?

I wish we could use less snide and ridiculous communication on this board, myself included when I'm guilty of it.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

If Redskins refused to accept Reiff and 3rd round pick, call the deal off and draft offensive line
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

fiestavike wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:27 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:25 pm

Too old? He is just 31 years old, so I guess you want Peters instead who is 38 years old?
What would lead you to guess that?

I wish we could use less snide and ridiculous communication on this board, myself included when I'm guilty of it.
I apologize if I am being for snide but if Vikings get Trent, he would be a major upgrade over Reiff even if he did not play in forever