OBJ

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

OBJ

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

https://www.12up.com/posts/vikings-brow ... e5z4a915d6

Not sure how legit this rumor is. I honestly dont know how I would feel about it. Yeah he's a stud but he's also a giant diva and similar to Diggs in that regard. Do we really want to bring in someone like that again? Plus he carries a $15 million cap hit every year until 2023. I'm guessing if they did it, they would maybe cut Reiff to relieve some cap room there and then flip scripts and go after an OT early in the draft instead of a WR. I would much rather trade up for Lamb or Juedy to be honest if we want a stud WR. If Beckham would somehow cost a 2nd and 5th next year plus cost $15 million, I'd rather trade up and give up 22, our 2nd this year and 3rd next year to land Lamb or Jeudy.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Re: OBJ

Post by Maelstrom88 »

For a second and a fifth I'd definitely do it. My only concern is the cap.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Maybe Anthony Harris is part of the discussion?
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Vikings09
Rookie

Post by Vikings09 »

I do not know how to think about this trade if it happens. It looks like the front office is trying their best to fill those holes. I think I would be okay with the move and it will put us in the news for a while good and bad.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:01 am Maybe Anthony Harris is part of the discussion?
The Browns wanted Harris before. Maybe they send us OBJ and Sendejo? Ha. I'm not a big OBJ fan, though somehow I could see his routine working better in Minnesota than in NY or CLE. Probably a better cultural fit, though not sure about the team culture.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

Colin Heard just said its a done deal. Haven't liked the guy much but his talent is extreme. If We could help him pull his head out of his @#* This could be Huge. First Big time move we have made in years. If this happens please draft a OL in pick one and trade the 2nd pic in the first round for a GOOD Oline man and give cousins time to throw the ball for a change
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

I do not like it if it is true but I can understand trading for a proven receiver since the past 1st round wide receivers have been busts the past few years
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

If OBJ is available for trade this would be the second team he has played on that has wanted to dump him.

I wonder why that is?
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Laserman wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:24 am Colin Heard just said its a done deal. Haven't liked the guy much but his talent is extreme. If We could help him pull his head out of his @#* This could be Huge. First Big time move we have made in years. If this happens please draft a OL in pick one and trade the 2nd pic in the first round for a GOOD Oline man and give cousins time to throw the ball for a change
There is a possible chance Vikings could get Trent though
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

StumpHunter wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:30 am If OBJ is available for trade this would be the second team he has played on that has wanted to dump him.

I wonder why that is?
Because he is a diva
Fat Stupid Loser
Starter

Post by Fat Stupid Loser »

And they think Diggs was a problem?

If there has ever been a WR not worth his money, its him. For multiple reasons unrelated to ability.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:31 am
StumpHunter wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:30 am If OBJ is available for trade this would be the second team he has played on that has wanted to dump him.

I wonder why that is?
Because he is a diva
That is what I am afraid of. That he is a TO type of guy that hurts the team with his attitude.

It would be ironic if we traded a cheaper Diggs who's behavior never affected the team in a negative way (the team played better after he skipped practice) for a more expensive guy who despite his talent, two teams have wanted to get rid of.

And by ironic I mean a giant cluster.
Vikings09
Rookie

Post by Vikings09 »

Maybe OBJ will wake up and smell the coffee and play for the team and not just himself if this happens. And if we get Williams or peters I would be on cloud 9. then our two first round picks go LB Murray and DB or trade back and pick a guard.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Vikings09 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:58 am Maybe OBJ will wake up and smell the coffee and play for the team and not just himself if this happens. And if we get Williams or peters I would be on cloud 9. then our two first round picks go LB Murray and DB or trade back and pick a guard.
I want Murray so bad but linebacker is not a big need unfortunately, I do not want Peters, he has been injured prone the past few years
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

If we make this deal we turned Diggs and 2nd and 5th round picks next year into OBJ, 22 overall 155 and some 6th round pick this year plus a 4th round pick next year. Is OBJ as good or better than Diggs? I bet Cousins could do a lot better with him than Manning and Mayfield did. If I understand correctly OBJ will cost us 3-4 million more per year than we still owed Diggs.