2020 Offseason News Thread (Signings, Coaching changes, etc.)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: 2020 Offseason News Thread (Signings, Coaching changes, etc.)

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:00 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:14 am

Yeah definitely still a ton out there. A lot of good bargains
Did my reply to this post get deleted? I thought it was very civil just pointing out my belief that the FA WRs were strictly backup material at best.
I have no idea. I never saw it.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:41 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:00 am
Did my reply to this post get deleted? I thought it was very civil just pointing out my belief that the FA WRs were strictly backup material at best.
I have no idea. I never saw it.
Maybe something went wrong when I submitted it.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Per Daily Norsemen the Vikings have resigned Brett Jones to a 1 year deal just under $1M
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

VikingPaul73 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:37 am Per Daily Norsemen the Vikings have resigned Brett Jones to a 1 year deal just under $1M
Also resigned Ameer Abdullah.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

I just saw that we re-signed Abdullah. I know he can come in and spell our RBs if needed and insurance in case Cook Or Mattison is injured, but we all know he is being retained as a cheap special teams player and primarily a returner.
My only apprehension is that everytime the guy gets the ball in his hand I literally catch myself holding my breath , clenching my jaw and pulling my legs and arms into a small psuedo fetal position. Always waiting for that ball to pop out.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:52 pm I just saw that we re-signed Abdullah. I know he can come in and spell our RBs if needed and insurance in case Cook Or Mattison is injured, but we all know he is being retained as a cheap special teams player and primarily a returner.
My only apprehension is that everytime the guy gets the ball in his hand I literally catch myself holding my breath , clenching my jaw and pulling my legs and arms into a small psuedo fetal position. Always waiting for that ball to pop out.
:rofl: He's not that bad.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Now that Vikings resigned Abdullah, that means Boone is gone?
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

RandyMoss84 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:10 pm Now that Vikings resigned Abdullah, that means Boone is gone?
I don't think so. Cook, Mattison, Boone and Abdullah were all on the team last year. I see no reason they can't be again.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:55 pm
Bowhunting Viking wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:52 pm I just saw that we re-signed Abdullah. I know he can come in and spell our RBs if needed and insurance in case Cook Or Mattison is injured, but we all know he is being retained as a cheap special teams player and primarily a returner.
He isn't a bad running back at all. Hes tough and fights for yards. But if you have watches his career in Detroit and with us, that has been the big knock on him is his propensity to fumble. I'm sure others here can back me up on this point.
If it weren't for the fumblitis I would have no concerns with him.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:38 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:55 pm

He isn't a bad running back at all. Hes tough and fights for yards. But if you have watches his career in Detroit and with us, that has been the big knock on him is his propensity to fumble. I'm sure others here can back me up on this point.
I know he has fumbling problems. No dispute on that. I just thought you laid it on a tiny bit thick. :lol:
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:41 pm
Bowhunting Viking wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:38 pm

I know he has fumbling problems. No dispute on that. I just thought you laid it on a tiny bit thick. :lol:
It's just the way I react. After over 50 years of being a hardcore Viking fan and witnessing the stuff I have witnessed, I guess it's a fear reaction I have developed lol
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Vikings re-signed OL Dakota Dozier to a one-year, $1 million contract.
Dozier appeared in all 16 games and made four starts for the Vikings last year. The 28-year-old will return as veteran depth that can back up multiple spots.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Mar 27, 2020, 7:27 PM ET
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:47 pm Vikings re-signed OL Dakota Dozier to a one-year, $1 million contract.
Dozier appeared in all 16 games and made four starts for the Vikings last year. The 28-year-old will return as veteran depth that can back up multiple spots.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Mar 27, 2020, 7:27 PM ET
I saw no drop off between him and Kline or Elf when he filled in for them and saw very little of the major gaffs those two were guilty of way too often.

If they can't find a good day 1 starter in the draft, he probably is an upgrade at either RG or LG.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Why are there no contract details for Zettel yet. Has he not signed his contract?
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:13 am Why are there no contract details for Zettel yet. Has he not signed his contract?
All the recent handful of FA signings have been 1 year 1 million, which I would say places those players on the roster bubble. I'm guessing that includes Zettel, though I haven't seen any numbers either.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins