Top needs in free agency and draft

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Top needs in free agency and draft

Post by RandyMoss84 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:52 am
RandyMoss84 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:49 am

As a Sooners fan, I would love to have Lamb!
Some see him as the best WR in the draft. Possible he goes top 10, but could slide just a little past that. Hunter's contract was renegotiated so we gained almost 8 million. We possibly can get one more decent FA along with keeping Harris.
I thought Lamb would go to Cardinals but they traded for Hopkins so I think he will fall to #12 going to the Raiders and Lamb would be happy with that since he wants to be a Raider
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:52 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:52 am
Some see him as the best WR in the draft. Possible he goes top 10, but could slide just a little past that. Hunter's contract was renegotiated so we gained almost 8 million. We possibly can get one more decent FA along with keeping Harris.
I thought Lamb would go to Cardinals but they traded for Hopkins so I think he will fall to #12 going to the Raiders and Lamb would be happy with that since he wants to be a Raider
Wants to be a Raider??
Isn't that an Ox Moron or something? :lol:
Last edited by VikingsVictorious on Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:55 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:52 am

Wants to a Raider??
Isn't that an Ox Moron or something?
I do not know, ask Lamb
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Not sure if this is being discussed in any of the other FA/draft threads... should we consider Antonio Brown if he would play for something near the vet minimum?

MN as a franchise has done really well in helping players with mental health concerns (thinking Everson and even Jared Allen to an extent), so we could actually be a great landing spot for him. Not much else to do for a player (even a diva) in MN besides focus on football. Plus - he and Kirk set a world record together so they've got some sort of cool connection!

I'd be all for it - Zimmer would keep him on a short leash and cut him or bench him as soon as he crosses a line they agree on. Plus, he'd probably be an upgrade over Diggs.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

TSonn wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:08 pm Not sure if this is being discussed in any of the other FA/draft threads... should we consider Antonio Brown if he would play for something near the vet minimum?

MN as a franchise has done really well in helping players with mental health concerns (thinking Everson and even Jared Allen to an extent), so we could actually be a great landing spot for him. Not much else to do for a player (even a diva) in MN besides focus on football. Plus - he and Kirk set a world record together so they've got some sort of cool connection!

I'd be all for it - Zimmer would keep him on a short leash and cut him or bench him as soon as he crosses a line they agree on. Plus, he'd probably be an upgrade over Diggs.
I am pretty sure the biggest reason he wasn't signed by anyone last year was because he was going to be immediately suspended the moment he put pen to paper.

I don't believe that has changed.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

StumpHunter wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:13 pm
TSonn wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:08 pm Not sure if this is being discussed in any of the other FA/draft threads... should we consider Antonio Brown if he would play for something near the vet minimum?

I am pretty sure the biggest reason he wasn't signed by anyone last year was because he was going to be immediately suspended the moment he put pen to paper.

I don't believe that has changed.
Yeah good point - I guess we'd need to know more about the length of the suspension. If it's just 4 games, seems like it could still be worth it. If it's something like 10 games, then obviously no.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

I sure hope not, he would be another Diggs complaining and whining that he does not get his way, hard pass!!
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:26 pm

I sure hope not, he would be another Diggs complaining and whining that he does not get his way, hard pass!!
To me, Brown was definitely going through something potentially clinical. Diggs was cranky and chose to take out his frustration in the wrong way. While I see some similarities, I think they are different situations and Brown's is actually more manageable with the right help and support system. You didn't hear anything about Brown his first 9 seasons. Diggs has always been dramatic and teetering on inappropriate.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

TSonn wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:29 pm

To me, Brown was definitely going through something potentially clinical. Diggs was cranky and chose to take out his frustration in the wrong way. While I see some similarities, I think they are different situations and Brown's is actually more manageable with the right help and support system. You didn't hear anything about Brown his first 9 seasons. Diggs has always been dramatic and teetering on inappropriate.
Oh boy. Diggs is worse than Brown now.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

StumpHunter wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:31 pm

Yeah I didn't say that. You are really difficult to have a discussion with. Obviously what Brown did last season is way worse than any Vikings player since Demitrius Underwood. I'm just talking about future management of each player. My armchair assessment is Brown might be easier to manage. You can disagree but don't put words in my mouth.

Edited to add: I put what happened with Brown last year in the same category as what happened with Griffen in 2018. MN was able to work with Griffen and give him the support he needed without it having a huge impact on the team and long-term impact on Griffen himself. I think a lot of teams would have handled Griffen's situation much differently to much worse outcomes.
Last edited by TSonn on Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

I do not know about more manageable, if it was more manageable, he would be still playing right now
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

TSonn wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:34 pm

Yeah I didn't say that. You are really difficult to have a discussion with. Obviously what Brown did last season is way worse than any Vikings player since Demitrius Underwood. I'm just talking about future management of each player. My armchair assessment is Brown might be easier to manage. You can disagree but don't put words in my mouth.
I am sorry but you said Brown was "more manageable" than Diggs. I am sure you are not alone in thinking that because every player we ever trade away or cut instantly sucks or was a locker room cancer, but AB's issues go well beyond anything Diggs has ever done.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Edited to add: I put what happened with Brown last year in the same category as what happened with Griffen in 2018. MN was able to work with Griffen and give him the support he needed without it having a huge impact on the team and long-term impact on Griffen himself. I think a lot of teams would have handled Griffen's situation much differently to much worse outcomes.
That is not the same category, Griffen does not get in trouble off the field while Brown gets in trouble off the field with domestic incidents and Vikings can not help Brown with that
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:15 pm

That is not the same category, Griffen does not get in trouble off the field while Brown gets in trouble off the field with domestic incidents and Vikings can not help Brown with that
Crap, you're right. I forgot about the assault charge. That definitely puts him in a different category. I was only remembering is requesting to leave Oak and social media destruction.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

On the topic of Brown, there were reports out there that Brady was really wanting the Bucs to sign Brown as a weapon for him.
So, did anyone see Bruce Arians comments to that yesterday morning on PFT? You know ole BA doesn't BS and mince words.
When asked about it he basically said Absolutely not! They asked him why he wouldn't want Brown in the Bucs.
Arians said (not exact words but paraphrasing) Vwen there is e that. I've been around and coaches the guy. I know who he is and what hes about.
Not a glowing endorsement lol.
I love BA. Dude is a straight shooter and tells it like it is.
So I don't think we will be hearing Brady to Antinio Brown.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!