Four potential trade targets for Anthony Harris/ Which one would you choose?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Purplepain2018
Backup

Four potential trade targets for Anthony Harris/ Which one would you choose?

Post by Purplepain2018 »

It is hard to say what the Vikings are going to do with S Anthony Harris who they tagged as free agency started and is slated to make $11.41 million this year or they could sign him to a long term deal.

Let's say they decide to trade him. Which one of these potential trades would benefit the Vikings the most?

Trade 1: Vikings trade S Anthony Harris to New England Patriots for G Joe Thuney and WR Mohammed Sanu. This trade with the
Patriots would help the Vikings at two need positions on our offensive line and also since Diggs was traded at wide
receiver.

Trade 2: Vikings trade S Anthony Harris to Washington Redskins for T Trent Williams. This again would help the Vikings on the
offensive side to have a player at the caliber as Williams to solidify the tackle position and also to trade Reiff back to the
Redskins or simply to cut him.

Trade 3: Vikings trade S Anthony Harris to the Cleveland Browns for WR Odell Beckham Jr. or WR Jarvis Landry. Again, this to
help the Vikings as far as depth and experience at wide receiver, but not sure if they are ready to take on the baggage of
Beckham.

Trade 4: Vikings trade S Anthony Harris and the #25 to the Cincinnati Bengals for the #1 overall pick and select QB Joe Burrow.
I know it will never happen, but if the Vikings were somehow able to land Burrow the Vikings quarterback situation
would be set for 10 to 15 years and possibly multiple Super Bowl trophies.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Four potential trade targets for Anthony Harris/ Which one would you choose?

Post by fiestavike »

Purplepain2018 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:27 pm It is hard to say what the Vikings are going to do with S Anthony Harris who they tagged as free agency started and is slated to make $11.41 million this year or they could sign him to a long term deal.

Let's say they decide to trade him. Which one of these potential trades would benefit the Vikings the most?

Trade 1: Vikings trade S Anthony Harris to New England Patriots for G Joe Thuney and WR Mohammed Sanu. This trade with the
Patriots would help the Vikings at two need positions on our offensive line and also since Diggs was traded at wide
receiver.

Trade 2: Vikings trade S Anthony Harris to Washington Redskins for T Trent Williams. This again would help the Vikings on the
offensive side to have a player at the caliber as Williams to solidify the tackle position and also to trade Reiff back to the
Redskins or simply to cut him.

Trade 3: Vikings trade S Anthony Harris to the Cleveland Browns for WR Odell Beckham Jr. or WR Jarvis Landry. Again, this to
help the Vikings as far as depth and experience at wide receiver, but not sure if they are ready to take on the baggage of
Beckham.

Trade 4: Vikings trade S Anthony Harris and the #25 to the Cincinnati Bengals for the #1 overall pick and select QB Joe Burrow.
I know it will never happen, but if the Vikings were somehow able to land Burrow the Vikings quarterback situation
I'd rule out three straight away.

I want picks and cap space in return for Harris, so 4 probably appeals to me the most, especially given that it would be regarded as absolute theft by the Vikings to get the #1 overall pick in return for Harris and a 1st. Would probably take Harris and 2 firsts to get it done.

I'm about convinced that the Vikings are low-key rebuilding this year, otherwise Williams would be appealing, but I really think they have surrendered this year to the future and are getting younger and transitioning their defensive scheme to a 3-4, then looking to open a new window of actual super bowl contention in 2022 with a QB under center on a rookie contract.

If they look at themselves in the mirror after last season, its clear this team is not a viable contender for the championship, and its time to start shifting things around now.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Four potential trade targets for Anthony Harris/ Which one would you choose?

Post by VikingsVictorious »

If the Vikings trade Harris we are in need of a safety. How about we just keep him?
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:47 pm If the Vikings trade Harris we are in need of a safety. How about we just keep him?
That isn't a bad option.

The thing people forget is that we actually need at least two safeties who can play if needed in 2020, even with Harris on the roster. There is nothing after Smith and Harris.
Fat Stupid Loser
Starter

Post by Fat Stupid Loser »

I kind of like the Trent Williams trade but he would cost more money than Harris.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

I would do trade #2 but Trent would cost too much money unfortanely but as for as for trade #4, it is a pipe dream, Vikings have to give up way more than Harris and #25 to move up to #1
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Trade 1. Williams is older. Odell is cancer. Burrow would never happen.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:48 pm Trade 1. Williams is older. Odell is cancer. Burrow would never happen.
Williams may be older but he would be a big upgrade over Reiff
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:55 pm
Maelstrom88 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:48 pm Trade 1. Williams is older. Odell is cancer. Burrow would never happen.
Williams may be older but he would be a big upgrade over Reiff
True but Thuney would be a bigger upgrade over either guard spot.
mael·strom

Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

There are rumors floating around that the Vikings are interested in Williams. Possibly packaging up Reiff and a pick. I would rather go that route than give up Harris for him. Maybe a 4th + Reiff? Redskins wants a 2nd, but I don't think there is any way they will get that for a 32 year-old in a contract year.
Damian
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Dames wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:49 pm There are rumors floating around that the Vikings are interested in Williams. Possibly packaging up Reiff and a pick. I would rather go that route than give up Harris for him. Maybe a 4th + Reiff? Redskins wants a 2nd, but I don't think there is any way they will get that for a 32 year-old in a contract year.
I just can't believe anyone would want Reiff at his salary.
mael·strom

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Dames wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:49 pm There are rumors floating around that the Vikings are interested in Williams. Possibly packaging up Reiff and a pick. I would rather go that route than give up Harris for him. Maybe a 4th + Reiff? Redskins wants a 2nd, but I don't think there is any way they will get that for a 32 year-old in a contract year.
That would be sweet but yeah, a 2nd is too much, a 3rd and Reiff would be enough maybe
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:57 pm
I just can't believe anyone would want Reiff at his salary.
Well, there are desperate teams....
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Purplepain2018 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:27 pm Trade 4: Vikings trade S Anthony Harris and the #25 to the Cincinnati Bengals for the #1 overall pick and select QB Joe Burrow.
I don't think that would be enough ammo to move up that high. It would take at least two 1st rounders (probably both this year) plus Harris plus probably one or both of the 3rds.

But even if they could do that, I don't think Burrow is the right QB to target. If Spielman wanted to make a move up for a QB in this year's draft I would much rather see him target one of Tua or Herbert (in that order), both because doing so would require far less in capital to make the move as neither are in the mix at #1. You could probably target the #5-#6 range to get one of them, and I think both have higher pro ceilings than Burrow. While Burrow could turn out to be great as a pro, I see him as a younger and more hyped version of Kirk Cousins. A guy who checks all the boxes but is more of a system guy who will thrive in ideal conditions, but who isn't going to elevate the team when things aren't ideal. Both Tua and Herbert flash some play-making potential when things break down around them or defenses find ways to confuse or take things away post-snap.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

VikingLord wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:27 pm
Purplepain2018 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:27 pm Trade 4: Vikings trade S Anthony Harris and the #25 to the Cincinnati Bengals for the #1 overall pick and select QB Joe Burrow.
I don't think that would be enough ammo to move up that high. It would take at least two 1st rounders (probably both this year) plus Harris plus probably one or both of the 3rds.

But even if they could do that, I don't think Burrow is the right QB to target. If Spielman wanted to make a move up for a QB in this year's draft I would much rather see him target one of Tua or Herbert (in that order), both because doing so would require far less in capital to make the move as neither are in the mix at #1. You could probably target the #5-#6 range to get one of them, and I think both have higher pro ceilings than Burrow. While Burrow could turn out to be great as a pro, I see him as a younger and more hyped version of Kirk Cousins. A guy who checks all the boxes but is more of a system guy who will thrive in ideal conditions, but who isn't going to elevate the team when things aren't ideal. Both Tua and Herbert flash some play-making potential when things break down around them or defenses find ways to confuse or take things away post-snap.
No Jalen Hurts? I would love to see Vikings draft Hurts in 3rd or 4th round