Vikings Sign WR- Tajae Sharpe

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Vikings Sign WR- Tajae Sharpe

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Hey I hit on one!!! I had us signing Sharpe in my mock offseason. I can assure that they aren’t planning on Sharpe as their #2. That will come in the draft but I do really like the signing as a #3 WR which I had us doing in my mock
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Vikings Sign WR- Tajae Sharpe

Post by VikingsVictorious »

My first reaction when I looked at the FA list this morning was please not him and it it's him please let it be vet minimum only with no guaranteed money.
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:42 am Hey I hit on one!!! I had us signing Sharpe in my mock offseason. I can assure that they aren’t planning on Sharpe as their #2. That will come in the draft but I do really like the signing as a #3 WR which I had us doing in my mock
Yeah, Sharpe is not a bad option for WR3 I think. Nice work on that one :)
Damian
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:45 am My first reaction when I looked at the FA list this morning was please not him and it it's him please let it be vet minimum only with no guaranteed money.
Idk why you’re so down on him. He ended up getting fizzled out of Tennessee’s offense plus they haven’t had a QB that could throw the ball in quite some time. I think he’s a great #3 option. It’s definitely a low risk possible high reward signing. Maybe Spielman is looking at my mock offseason :lol:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:49 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:45 am My first reaction when I looked at the FA list this morning was please not him and it it's him please let it be vet minimum only with no guaranteed money.
Idk why you’re so down on him. He ended up getting fizzled out of Tennessee’s offense plus they haven’t had a QB that could throw the ball in quite some time. I think he’s a great #3 option. It’s definitely a low risk possible high reward signing. Maybe Spielman is looking at my mock offseason :lol:
What I have against him is first of all he sucks. Other than that because he started his career strong then completely fell off a cliff. Hope I'm wrong, but I'm expecting zero good out of this signing.
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

Sounds like Treadwell with less expectations.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Found this blurb from Rappoport on RotoWorld

Vikings signed WR Tajae Sharpe, formerly of the Titans, to a one-year contract.
Sharpe gives the Vikings a potential starting option opposite Adam Thielen on what is a thin depth chart at the position. The former fifth-rounder turns 26 later this year. Once a starter for the Titans after a strong rookie camp, Sharpe became more of a role player in Tennessee last year after the emergence of A.J. Brown and signing of Adam Humphries. Sharpe has good size at 6'2/194 and has a career 92-1,167-8 line across 47 games (29 starts). Look for Minnesota to address wideout in the draft.

RELATED: Tennessee Titans
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Mar 25, 2020, 11:29 AM ET
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Another reason I don't like this signing is it may prevent us from drafting a 2nd WR from this superb class or WRs.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:01 am Another reason I don't like this signing is it may prevent us from drafting a 2nd WR from this superb class or WRs.
I think he's got upside. I like him as a guy who sets an improved floor at WR for this season, and has potential to also raise the ceiling if all goes well.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

fiestavike wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:21 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:01 am Another reason I don't like this signing is it may prevent us from drafting a 2nd WR from this superb class or WRs.
I think he's got upside. I like him as a guy who sets an improved floor at WR for this season, and has potential to also raise the ceiling if all goes well.
You have way more belief in him than I do. I think he is an already proven bust, but he was just a 5th round pick so what should we expect.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:25 am
fiestavike wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:21 am

You have way more belief in him than I do. I think he is an already proven bust, but he was just a 5th round pick so what should we expect.
I don't think you are understanding what I'm saying, but its clear you really dislike the guy. :confused:
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Idk why you think we wouldn’t draft a WR because of this move. That’s just downright dumb if they do that. No less, sharpe is only on a 1 year deal
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

fiestavike wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:26 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:25 am
I don't think you are understanding what I'm saying, but its clear you really dislike the guy. :confused:
He's just another body for the rotation IMO and I hope the Vikings don't see him as anything more than that. I read you say he has upside so I thought I understood you as liking him reasonably well. I don't see the upside. Hope I'm as wrong as I have ever been.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:28 am
Idk why you think we wouldn’t draft a WR because of this move. That’s just downright dumb if they do that. No less, sharpe is only on a 1 year deal
Good point. However, as Cliff noted I want us to draft 2WRs from this crop possibly a 3rd with a late pick. Considering the one year deal you pointed out I remain reasonably confident that we will select at least two WRs from this years draft and I hope those are from our first five picks.
Last edited by VikingsVictorious on Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:51 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:49 am

What I have against him is first of all he sucks. Other than that because he started his career strong then completely fell off a cliff. Hope I'm wrong, but I'm expecting zero good out of this signing.
What sucked is his QB play. His best year just so happened to be Mariotas best year. 26 tds and 9 ints. The following year Mariota threw 13 td passes and 15 ints. Then followed it up with 11 tds the following year. Not sure how you can produce when your QB is one of the worst passers in the nfl. I think sharpe will he just fine as a #3 when he actually has a QB that can throw the ball
-Chazz Palminteri