The Draft Man Crush Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

The Draft Man Crush Thread

Post by Maelstrom88 »

So I wanted to create a thread where we could gush over our man crushes in the upcoming draft. Primarily I'm hoping this can draw attention to guys who are lesser known that you have a gut feeling will be special.

My guys so far:

Michael Pittman Jr- Bloodlines, tough, big physical, body beautiful WR.

Denzel Mims- height weight speed physical WR.

Ben Bredeson- tough guard who was a 4 year starter and 2 time team captain. Moves well, highly competitive, durable.

Jon Runyan Jr- played OT but I view him as a guard. Bloodlines. Tough. Mid to late round developmental guy.

Look forward to researching your sleepers! :wake :wake
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Re: The Draft Man Crush Thread

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Moderators please delete this thread, it is creepy
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

100% Cee Dee Lamb and Javon Kinlaw. Both are day 1 studs IMO
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:10 pm Moderators please delete this thread, it is creepy
:point: :banana: :spanking:
mael·strom

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:35 pm 100% Cee Dee Lamb and Javon Kinlaw. Both are day 1 studs IMO
I like them too. I just don't see them lasting until our first pick. What's your quick scouting report on each?
mael·strom

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:10 pm Moderators please delete this thread, it is creepy
LOL Randy. I hope you're just joking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7hjdC8-jbw
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:35 pm 100% Cee Dee Lamb and Javon Kinlaw. Both are day 1 studs IMO
As a Sooners fan, I would love to have Lamb but it is a pipe dream
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:19 pm Look forward to researching your sleepers! :wake :wake
Ben Bartch. I predict he's going to be one of the best players out of this entire draft.

https://www.walterfootball.com/draft2020OG.php
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Maelstrom88 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:44 pm
I like them too. I just don't see them lasting until our first pick. What's your quick scouting report on each?
Lamb is the next Hopkins IMO through and through. Body control, hands, route running, etc. And his ability to break tackles is unlike any WR I've seen. However, many still have Jerry Jeudy over him and some even have Henry Ruggs (both Alabama WRs). Jeudy is definitely a close second IMO but Ruggs is a distant third with a few more right in that range. But both Jeudy and Lamb are projected to go within the 10-15 range so they are nearly as far out of reach as some would think. I know we havent had luck with first round WRs but if we draft Lamb, we're golden.

As for Kinlaw, just a dominant presence. Gets crazy interior push and is excellent against both the run and pass. Having Kinlaw, along with Pierce and Hunter, 3 of our 4 DL are solidified for a LONG time.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:33 pm
As a Sooners fan, I would love to have Lamb but it is a pipe dream
I dont think so at all. He's going in the 10-15 range. We pick at 22 and 25. It should be overly difficult to trade up from 22 to get into that range.
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Tyler Johnson might have the highest floor of any WR in this draft. If the Vikings could get him in the third, even if they have to use their compensatory 3rd to do it, that is a steal.

I don't think he will ever be as good as a Diggs or Theilen, but is more like a Robert Woods type who is solid for a few years before becoming a consistent 1k yard receiver in a good offense.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

VikingLord wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:43 pm
Maelstrom88 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:19 pm Look forward to researching your sleepers! :wake :wake
Ben Bartch. I predict he's going to be one of the best players out of this entire draft.

https://www.walterfootball.com/draft2020OG.php
I would definitely be ok with them drafting him on day 2.
mael·strom

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:04 pm
Maelstrom88 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:44 pm

Lamb is the next Hopkins IMO through and through. Body control, hands, route running, etc. And his ability to break tackles is unlike any WR I've seen. However, many still have Jerry Jeudy over him and some even have Henry Ruggs (both Alabama WRs). Jeudy is definitely a close second IMO but Ruggs is a distant third with a few more right in that range. But both Jeudy and Lamb are projected to go within the 10-15 range so they are nearly as far out of reach as some would think. I know we havent had luck with first round WRs but if we draft Lamb, we're golden.

As for Kinlaw, just a dominant presence. Gets crazy interior push and is excellent against both the run and pass. Having Kinlaw, along with Pierce and Hunter, 3 of our 4 DL are solidified for a LONG time.
Nice breakdown. I'd be happy if they could land either. Kinlaw would be awesome and complete our dline.
mael·strom

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

The Vikings love size/speed freak athletes. Don't be surprised if they draft Chase Claypool. 6'4 238 pounds runs 4.42 and a 40.5 vert. Only Megatron ever matched those numbers at that size.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/chase-cla ... b9899e5d84