2020 Offseason News Thread (Signings, Coaching changes, etc.)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Re: 2020 Offseason News Thread (Signings, Coaching changes, etc.)

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:55 pm For those missing sports, NFL Network has the Vikings/Saints playoff game on right now. Just watched Rhodes get torched on that deep pass from Hill. Glad I dont have to see that happen anymore
Speaking of Rhodes, I am somewhat surprised Rhodes have not signed with another team yet
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

I just saw that Treadwell signed by Atlanta.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:19 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:55 pm For those missing sports, NFL Network has the Vikings/Saints playoff game on right now. Just watched Rhodes get torched on that deep pass from Hill. Glad I dont have to see that happen anymore
Speaking of Rhodes, I am somewhat surprised Rhodes have not signed with another team yet
Teams probably realized how bad he became.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:29 pm I just saw that Treadwell signed by Atlanta.
Yeah just saw that. I'm guessing he doesnt bring a compensatory pick? He played 171 snaps but I'm not sure what the cutoff is.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:41 pm
Bowhunting Viking wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:29 pm I just saw that Treadwell signed by Atlanta.
Yeah just saw that. I'm guessing he doesnt bring a compensatory pick? He played 171 snaps but I'm not sure what the cutoff is.
I doubt it since Treadwell sucks
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:38 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:19 pm

Teams probably realized how bad he became.
Treadwell signed with Falcons and he sucks :confused:
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Purple Post
@Purple_Post
If Kentrell Brothers does not return to the #Vikings in 2020, the 2016 Draft Class will be officially under wraps. Not Spielman's best go around.

-WR L. Treadwell
-CB M. Alexander
-OL W. Beavers
-LB K. Brothers
-WR M. Boehringer
-TE D. Morgan
-DE S. Weatherly
-S J.Kearse
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

808vikingsfan wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:50 pm
Purple Post
@Purple_Post
If Kentrell Brothers does not return to the #Vikings in 2020, the 2016 Draft Class will be officially under wraps. Not Spielman's best go around.

-WR L. Treadwell
-CB M. Alexander
-OL W. Beavers
-LB K. Brothers
-WR M. Boehringer
-TE D. Morgan
-DE S. Weatherly
-S J.Kearse
Yeah, that is a disappointing draft
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Purple Post
@Purple_Post

-WR L. Treadwell
-CB M. Alexander
-OL W. Beavers
-LB K. Brothers
-WR M. Boehringer
-TE D. Morgan
-DE S. Weatherly
-S J.Kearse
Agreed very bad draft.
I would rate the players from that years draft
1 Mac
2 Morgan but derailed by injury
3 Weatherly
4 Kearse.
We actually got great players at the end based on their draft position. I had seen enough on Treadwell and was virtually certain he would bust. I liked all the other picks except for Beavers who I hated. Wanted Billings.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:56 pm
Agreed very bad draft.
1 Mac
3 Weatherly
4 Kearse.
We actually got great players at the end based on their draft position. I had seen enough on Treadwell and was virtually certain he would bust. I liked all the other picks except for Beavers who I hated. Wanted Billings.
Boehringer is on the Bengals now so he gets to play with Waynes and Alexander, I remember I had high hopes for him to become 3rd wide receiver but that did not work out
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:28 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:56 pm
Agreed very bad draft.
1 Mac
3 Weatherly
4 Kearse.
Boehringer is on the Bengals now so he gets to play with Waynes and Alexander, I remember I had high hopes for him to become 3rd wide receiver but that did not work out
I loved Bow Finger. I didn't think he was a good pick, but it was too fun to resist. He was a freak size speed athlete. So was Weatherly. He is very much in the same mold as Clowney when it comes to size speed combo.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

Purple Post
@Purple_Post

-WR L. Treadwell
-CB M. Alexander
-OL W. Beavers
-LB K. Brothers
-WR M. Boehringer
-TE D. Morgan
-DE S. Weatherly
-S J.Kearse
There was a shining light in that draft though, and that was the Willie Beavers pick.
Not because he ended up being a good pick, but the announcement of his name and then the Bears pick made Eisen, Mayock, Jeremiah and Davis to create what has become my funniest draft day moment ever.
Anyone here remember it? On day 3, Esien catching up on picks and he said Minnesota just drafted Willie Beavers ,Tackle. Then Mayock said " I've always been a Beavers guy Rich" . You could here them all snickering.
Then they had a Chicago fan come up and announce the pick. "The Bears select Deion Bush" then u could hear Eisen mutter Oh no and you could hear laughter. They cut to them and Mayock said " Bush first caught my eye at the East West Shrine game " and that was the end of it. Eisen , Jeremiah and Davis were losing it, especially Eisen. He was laughing so hard he was crying. You could hear the producer off stage say cut to commercial cuz they couldn't keep it together.
When they came back Eisen said " If the Colts pick a guy named Johnson we are going off the air"
It was so funny watching them looking like 4 high school kids losing it over the Beavers statement and then the Bush reference.
I still have it on my phone, and I had it on my DVR that was all NFL stuff, but it ended up dying so I lost that .
It was some great draft footage for sure.
Other than that, for the Vikes yes it was a bad draft
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:47 am
There was a shining light in that draft though, and that was the Willie Beavers pick.
Not because he ended up being a good pick, but the announcement of his name and then the Bears pick made Eisen, Mayock, Jeremiah and Davis to create what has become my funniest draft day moment ever.
Anyone here remember it? On day 3, Esien catching up on picks and he said Minnesota just drafted Willie Beavers ,Tackle. Then Mayock said " I've always been a Beavers guy Rich" . You could here them all snickering.
Then they had a Chicago fan come up and announce the pick. "The Bears select Deion Bush" then u could hear Eisen mutter Oh no and you could hear laughter. They cut to them and Mayock said " Bush first caught my eye at the East West Shrine game " and that was the end of it. Eisen , Jeremiah and Davis were losing it, especially Eisen. He was laughing so hard he was crying. You could hear the producer off stage say cut to commercial cuz they couldn't keep it together.
When they came back Eisen said " If the Colts pick a guy named Johnson we are going off the air"
It was so funny watching them looking like 4 high school kids losing it over the Beavers statement and then the Bush reference.
I still have it on my phone, and I had it on my DVR that was all NFL stuff, but it ended up dying so I lost that .
I remember that. Good stuff.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:47 amThere was a shining light in that draft though, and that was the Willie Beavers pick.
:lol: I missed that but you've described it so well I can picture the entire scene unfolding.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:47 am
How refreshing, honestly, to get to see that frankly unprofessional/ unpolished/ non-PC but 'real' dialogue on national TV. That almost NEVER happens nowadays, and I have to think that the mind-numbing quality of late round draft coverage got them when their energies were dipping, so the veneer of professionalism was worn thin, and they let us see behind that mask. Good stuff.