Sendejo Signs With Cleveland

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Sendejo Signs With Cleveland

Post by YikesVikes »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:49 pm
fiestavike wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:41 pm

Rudolph contract is a disaster.
You have your right to be wrong. :lol:
Seriously I do believe we are overpaying by maybe a mill or 2, but he sure came up big last year.
No he didn't. He had less than 400 yards.
That 22 yards per game. 22!!!!!!
It was his lowest output in 5 years.
You remember the playoff push off from the 1 yard line.
A play that should have cost us 10 yards. It's ridiculous. He is average at best but we are paying him 6-7 million more than we should. That's 2-3 quality FAs.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

fiestavike wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:41 pm

Rudolph contract is a disaster.
Seriously I do believe we are overpaying by maybe a mill or 2, but he sure came up big last year.
It is all subjective. Realistically he is worth 3-5 million based on his on the field production, but again, overpaying a few million dollars versus 5 million, is not something I would fall on my sword for. He is not the reason we are losing guys like Mack, Waynes, Griffen and Diggs.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

YikesVikes wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:21 pm
No he didn't. He had less than 400 yards.
That 22 yards per game. 22!!!!!!
It was his lowest output in 5 years.
You remember the playoff push off from the 1 yard line.
A play that should have cost us 10 yards. It's ridiculous. He is average at best but we are paying him 6-7 million more than we should. That's 2-3 quality FAs.
So Rudy should have had a 2 million contract now. WOW!!
We didn't pass much last year. Rudy stepped up his blocking big time. Then every time we needed him to come up big in the passing game he did.

If you can't see how well Rudy played last year I can't help you. He was a huge contributor to our success last year.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

StumpHunter wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:36 pm
It is all subjective. Realistically he is worth 3-5 million based on his on the field production, but again, overpaying a few million dollars versus 5 million, is not something I would fall on my sword for. He is not the reason we are losing guys like Mack, Waynes, Griffen and Diggs.
Worth at least 7 million a year based on last years play. Maybe the 9 he's getting. I know that the Vikings were very happy with the performance they got out of Rudy last year.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:38 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:36 pm

Worth at least 7 million a year based on last years play. Maybe the 9 he's getting. I know that the Vikings were very happy with the performance they got out of Rudy last year.
Lol.
What is Kelce worth? He has 1000 yards last season.
He counted 8.75 million last season.
We are delusional as a fanbase.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

YikesVikes wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:41 pm
Lol.
Kelce is the most underpaid TE in the league. bad example. How about Jimmy Graham being paid more than Rudy last year IIRC. You called me delusional in an indirect way. With your commentary on Rudy it almost seems like you didn't even watch the Vikings or were on a bathroom break or beer run every time he came up huge for us.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Lol.
All fan bases are. Outside of Bears fans. They are strangely very realistic and don't get too high, or too low on their players.

There are Bucs fans who think Winston was a great guy and Carolina fans who think Cam had trade value.

They all delude themselves to a certain extent.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:47 pm

Lol.
Kelce is the most underpaid TE in the league. bad example. How about Jimmy Graham being paid more than Rudy last year IIRC. You called me delusional in an indirect way. With your commentary on Rudy it almost seems like you didn't even watch the Vikings or were on a bathroom break or beer run every time he came up huge for us.
Kelce is overpaid at 8.5 million and 1000 yards but Rudy is in a good contract at 9 million and 350+ yards.
Is that what you are saying? How many times could he have come up big, he had 300 yards and 6 tds ***IN A TE FRIENDLY OFFENSE***. BTW, Jimmy Graham, we released (or not resigned) and outplayed Kyle despite only making 1 million or so more. You are proving a point.
Last edited by YikesVikes on Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Rudolph was paid the 4th best and produced the 26th best number of yards. This in a year where several high ranked TE missed tons of games.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

YikesVikes wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:37 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:47 pm
Kelce is overpaid at 8.5 million and 1000 yards but Rudy is in a good contract at 9 million and 350+ yards.
Is that what you are saying? How many times could he have come up big, he had 300 yards and 6 tds ***IN A TE FRIENDLY OFFENSE***. BTW, Jimmy Graham, we released (or not resigned) and outplayed Kyle despite only making 1 million or so more. You are proving a point.
You misread a couple of my posts.
Look at the bolded above.

Here's my quote about Rudy from a prior post.
I do believe we are overpaying by maybe a mill or 2, but he sure came up big last year.
I did make a later post saying he was maybe worth the money he got last year and I'm not even sure how much that was.
To understand me correctly I have zero issues with 7 million for Rudy. Anything above that is iffy, but last year the big plays may justify more than 7 million. I know you see him as worth far less than that based on his total yards.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

The problem with Ruolph's contract isn't that he is getting paid *too much*, its that he's getting paid too much for too long. If they had given him 12 million for one year last year, It'd be great! We'd be free and clear this year, and able to sign/re-sign guys who would make a much bigger impact. They have committed so much to a guy who could be easily replaced by a better blocking TE, a guy who lacks the physical skills to get separation and lacks the balance to get YAC.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

fiestavike wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:17 am The problem with Ruolph's contract isn't that he is getting paid *too much*, its that he's getting paid too much for too long. If they had given him 12 million for one year last year, It'd be great! We'd be free and clear this year, and able to sign/re-sign guys who would make a much bigger impact. They have committed so much to a guy who could be easily replaced by a better blocking TE, a guy who lacks the physical skills to get separation and lacks the balance to get YAC.
You forgot to mention comes up huge in the clutch, has the best hands of any player in the entire NFL, and actually got some pretty decent YAC down the stretch last year.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:58 am
fiestavike wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:17 am The problem with Ruolph's contract isn't that he is getting paid *too much*, its that he's getting paid too much for too long. If they had given him 12 million for one year last year, It'd be great! We'd be free and clear this year, and able to sign/re-sign guys who would make a much bigger impact. They have committed so much to a guy who could be easily replaced by a better blocking TE, a guy who lacks the physical skills to get separation and lacks the balance to get YAC.
You forgot to mention comes up huge in the clutch, has the best hands of any player in the entire NFL, and actually got some pretty decent YAC down the stretch last year.
Rudolph is certainly at his best in the red zone, but I think you are perhaps giving too much emphasis to a couple of outlying plays. He has not generally been 'clutch' nor has he shown any consistent ability to be effective after the catch during his lengthy nfl career. He's a fine enough player, decent hands, good red zone threat, great size, and he's developed into a decent enough blocker, but he's basically just a guy.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

fiestavike wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:05 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:58 am
Rudolph is certainly at his best in the red zone, but I think you are perhaps giving too much emphasis to a couple of outlying plays. He has not generally been 'clutch' nor has he shown any consistent ability to be effective after the catch during his lengthy nfl career. He's a fine enough player, decent hands, good red zone threat, great size, and he's developed into a decent enough blocker, but he's basically just a guy.
Fair assessment except you said decent hands. I watch a lot of NFL football and I say THE BEST HANDS OF ANY AND EVERY PLAYER in the NFL. Career wise he has been a solid clutch player. Last year he was a huge clutch player. When featured not all that long ago he put up good yards. I still think he could, but that's not going to happen as we will be in the bottom third in the league in passing attempts. So I say all in all better than just a guy, but I don't argue much with your reasonable assessment.