Sendejo Signs With Cleveland

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Sendejo Signs With Cleveland

Post by Maelstrom88 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:22 pm
Maelstrom88 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:17 pm So they're keeping Harris.
Is that official?
I mean without Sendajo as a fallback I'd say probably ya.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:50 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:22 pm
Is that official?
I mean without Sendajo as a fallback I'd say probably ya.
So not official. More likely.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:29 pm That is good news, bringing back Sendejo was stupid and I hope Vikings do not bring Sendejo back again after he leaves Browns
I dont think it was stupid. He's a depth piece at this point with plenty of experience in this scheme. If anything, I think it was a smart signing mid-year. We've let him walk twice now but when in need of a safety and he's out there, yeah I'm all for signing him.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:24 pm
halfgiz wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:32 am

Would have been nice to have somebody left with experience.
With the injuries last year Sendejo was a help. I thought he was a good pickup.

Why the mass exodus? Zimmer the problem??

Andrew Sendejo had a 73.7 overall grade in 2019 in his 6 weeks with the #Vikings

https://twitter.com/pff_vikings/status/ ... 18145?s=21
Dude as of right now we have the best safety duo in the nfl. I think guys forget that we DO indeed still have Anthony Harris on this team. And it’s looking more and more likely we keep him. So if that is the case which I’m sure Spielman and zimmer know behind closed doors, we need a backup safety. So who cares about Andrew Sendejo?

And no I don’t think zimmer is a problem. I think it’s funny as each guy leaves everyone wants to point at someone, mainly zimmer, saying it’s why guys are leaving. Do you ever think that maybe we didn’t offer them a contract or simply don’t want them back? I know for a fact that weatherly said the Vikings literally didn’t speak a word to him and let him walk. Showing clearly they don’t want him back. Why pay a backup DE $12 million when you have Odenigbo that costs $812k? It’s a no brainer. No less weatherly was given the chance to start in 2018 and mustered 3 sacks. Odenigbo racked up 7 playing behind griffen and hunter and also splitting time with weatherly.

So in the end, just because a player of ours goes somewhere else doesn’t mean someone on this team or staff is a problem. We have little cap room and simply might not want some of these guys back
You can create a silver lining out of anything. It's your mutant ability. Your ability to spin Weatherly's 3 sacks in 2018 into something positive last year and now negative this year is really amazing.

This offseason has been a disaster and we are only a week in. The team has only just started to reorganize contracts of signed guys. Why? Why wait so long to start to work on doing so. You want to spin how letting Mac go for 4 million was a good plan? Kline? Most of this is due to the horrible contracts we signed last season in Barr and Rudolph. He's making 9 million (Rudy), that's Mac and Klines contract by itself. I hope the Wilfs clean house next season. 2020 is not going to be a good year. Our hopes is that football is canceled.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

YikesVikes wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:07 pm

Dude as of right now we have the best safety duo in the nfl. I think guys forget that we DO indeed still have Anthony Harris on this team. And it’s looking more and more likely we keep him. So if that is the case which I’m sure Spielman and zimmer know behind closed doors, we need a backup safety. So who cares about Andrew Sendejo?

And no I don’t think zimmer is a problem. I think it’s funny as each guy leaves everyone wants to point at someone, mainly zimmer, saying it’s why guys are leaving. Do you ever think that maybe we didn’t offer them a contract or simply don’t want them back? I know for a fact that weatherly said the Vikings literally didn’t speak a word to him and let him walk. Showing clearly they don’t want him back. Why pay a backup DE $12 million when you have Odenigbo that costs $812k? It’s a no brainer. No less weatherly was given the chance to start in 2018 and mustered 3 sacks. Odenigbo racked up 7 playing behind griffen and hunter and also splitting time with weatherly.

So in the end, just because a player of ours goes somewhere else doesn’t mean someone on this team or staff is a problem. We have little cap room and simply might not want some of these guys back
You can create a silver lining out of anything. It's your mutant ability. Your ability to spin Weatherly's 3 sacks in 2018 into something positive last year and now negative this year is really amazing.

This offseason has been a disaster and we are only a week in. The team has only just started to reorganize contracts of signed guys. Why? Why wait so long to start to work on doing so. You want to spin how letting Mac go for 4 million was a good plan? Kline? Most of this is due to the horrible contracts we signed last season in Barr and Rudolph. He's making 9 million (Rudy), that's Mac and Klines contract by itself. I hope the Wilfs clean house next season. 2020 is not going to be a good year. Our hopes is that football is canceled.
Is that a personal attack I smell?
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:10 pm

Nah. I didn't insult him. I just pointed out that he talked up Weatherly in one year and insult him the next. Anything to stay in line with that the team is doing. If the team resigned him, Weatherly is a future HOFer that we retained thanks to Rick. We let him go, oh he is trash and could only muster 3 sacks.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

The Wilfs are not going to clean house, he loves Zimmer and Speilman to death
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

I'm sorry but after watching a #4 DE drastically outperform Weatherly when he's getting less playing time makes Weatherly a minuscule loss. Odenigbo's performance this year not only blew Weatherly's out of the water but it even blew Weatherly's 2018 performance out of the water. And in the last 2 years, Weatherly has started 6 games and played 943 defensive snaps and mustered 6 total sacks. Odenigbo has played 368 defensive snaps in one season and racked up 7 sacks. What on earth are you even trying to compare here? What is your obsession with weatherly? But somehow I'm the one sitting here "spinning it" but you're acting like we just lost Danielle Hunter. He was a 7th round backup DE. So was Odenigbo. What makes you think we somehow cant find another weatherly in later rounds? Especially when we have the best defensive line coach in the NFL?
And my hope is we dont have to hear your complaining all season. The only thing I said about Kline is that HE refused to take a pay cut. Outside of that I didnt like the move. As for Mac, if teams could get him on a 1 year $4 million contract, why werent teams hunting him down day 1 of FA? Something is clearly going on there that we dont know. Trae Waynes just got $14 million a year but Alexander gets $4 million a year? That doesnt even make sense. As for Barr, not sure what you expect? He was good as gone and we were able to swing a paycut for Griff and keep Barr. So we either let him walk or pay him what we did. But once again, that would be ANOTHER hole. Rudy I agree is overpaid.

These same reactions you're having happen EVERY year during free agency. You see guys saying "what are we gonna do here, I cant believe they didnt sign this guy or that guy" or "we havent signed anyone, what is the front office thinking" or "we're going to suck this year this front office doesnt know what they are doing".

Like do you really think Zim is going to roll with Holton Hill and Mike Hughes this year? Do you really think we're going to roll with Adam Thielen and Bisi Johnson this year? Do you really think we're going to just rely on Odenigbo to start and not bother with a backup DE or two? Do you believe we're going to start the season with Pat Elflein and Dru Samia at guards?

Like be frustrated if you want but my god you act like the sky is falling and there are still so many days left in this offseason and we have 12 picks right now, 5 of them being in the first 3 rounds. R.e.l.a.x. and let these guys do what they are paid to do. There will be plenty more that happens between now and week 1.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:26 pm

I'm sorry but after watching a #4 DE drastically outperform Weatherly when he's getting less playing time makes Weatherly a minuscule loss. Odenigbo's performance this year not only blew Weatherly's out of the water but it even blew Weatherly's 2018 performance out of the water. And in the last 2 years, Weatherly has started 6 games and played 943 defensive snaps and mustered 6 total sacks. Odenigbo has played 368 defensive snaps in one season and racked up 7 sacks. What on earth are you even trying to compare here? What is your obsession with weatherly? But somehow I'm the one sitting here "spinning it" but you're acting like we just lost Danielle Hunter. He was a 7th round backup DE. So was Odenigbo. What makes you think we somehow cant find another weatherly in later rounds? Especially when we have the best defensive line coach in the NFL?
And my hope is we dont have to hear your complaining all season. The only thing I said about Kline is that HE refused to take a pay cut. Outside of that I didnt like the move. As for Mac, if teams could get him on a 1 year $4 million contract, why werent teams hunting him down day 1 of FA? Something is clearly going on there that we dont know. Trae Waynes just got $14 million a year but Alexander gets $4 million a year? That doesnt even make sense. As for Barr, not sure what you expect? He was good as gone and we were able to swing a paycut for Griff and keep Barr. So we either let him walk or pay him what we did. But once again, that would be ANOTHER hole. Rudy I agree is overpaid.

These same reactions you're having happen EVERY year during free agency. You see guys saying "what are we gonna do here, I cant believe they didnt sign this guy or that guy" or "we havent signed anyone, what is the front office thinking" or "we're going to suck this year this front office doesnt know what they are doing".

Like do you really think Zim is going to roll with Holton Hill and Mike Hughes this year? Do you really think we're going to roll with Adam Thielen and Bisi Johnson this year? Do you really think we're going to just rely on Odenigbo to start and not bother with a backup DE or two? Do you believe we're going to start the season with Pat Elflein and Dru Samia at guards?

Like be frustrated if you want but my god you act like the sky is falling and there are still so many days left in this offseason and we have 12 picks right now, 5 of them being in the first 3 rounds. R.e.l.a.x. and let these guys do what they are paid to do. There will be plenty more that happens between now and week 1.
Mac is a NCB they are paid significantly less.
Yes I think we are rolling with those guys listed and a rookie or a FA that is of lower tier. It is our MO.
I dont have an affinity for weatherly. I am actually a bigger Odenigbo fan. I was upset when he was let go and left.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

YikesVikes wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:32 pm

Yes I think we are rolling with those guys listed and a rookie or a FA that is of lower tier. It is our MO.
I dont have an affinity for weatherly. I am actually a bigger Odenigbo fan. I was upset when he was let go and left.
I'm aware of what position mac plays but if you look at someone like Nickell Robey Coleman when he signed in 2018 with the rams he got 3 years, $17 million with $8 million guaranteed. I dont even think Mac got any guaranteed money and it was a one year deal. I'm sorry but that's a pis# poor contract for him and terrible job by his agent. No less you signed with the worst team in the NFL.

So you think someone like Zimmer that is obsessed with drafting CBs and was joked with by media because of how many he's drafted early on is content with Hughes and Hill?? Come on dude. You're letting your anger blind you at this point. Zim isnt stupid and knows he cant trust Hill. They are definitely drafting and early AND mid to late round rookie or two. Plus I think we'll land a FA as well.

And if you're a bigger Odenigbo fan, then why do you care so much about Weatherly?? Odenigbo showed he is much better. The last thing I am worried about is this team struggling to develop a DE. No team has a better coach for that than we do in Patterson.

In the end, instead of freaking out saying we're going to suck and blaming Zim, Spieman, Cousins, whoever, lets wait to get all of the information on what is going on and why certain moves are being made and see what the plan actually is. Again, there is still plenty more to come with this team.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

YikesVikes wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:51 pm
Rhodes Closed wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:10 pm

Nah. I didn't insult him. I just pointed out that he talked up Weatherly in one year and insult him the next. Anything to stay in line with that the team is doing. If the team resigned him, Weatherly is a future HOFer that we retained thanks to Rick. We let him go, oh he is trash and could only muster 3 sacks.
Nope pretty sure that’s not the case. And I thought weatherly played okay in 2018 but we also didn’t have odenigbo at the time. Anyone with a brain picks odenigbo over weatherly right now. No less weatherly got $12 mil+. Odenigbo cost under $1 million. But I guess I’m not allowed to say that letting weatherly walk was a smart decision and I don’t get why people are upset. Just staying in line with what the team does :roll:
-Chazz Palminteri
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:42 pm
YikesVikes wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:51 pm

Nope pretty sure that’s not the case. And I thought weatherly played okay in 2018 but we also didn’t have odenigbo at the time. Anyone with a brain picks odenigbo over weatherly right now. No less weatherly got $12 mil+. Odenigbo cost under $1 million. But I guess I’m not allowed to say that letting weatherly walk was a smart decision and I don’t get why people are upset. Just staying in line with what the team does :roll:
Again, Im not upset about losing Weatherly. I am pointing out that no matter what the FO does, to you it is the right move. When the FO gives me good moves, I state that I think it was a good move. When they do not, I point out that it is a bad move. Our FO has made several egregiously bad moves for the last couple of years.

1. Waiting to reconstruct Hunter's deal means they were either unprepared or stupid.
2. Cutting Kline has left everyone baffled as to the end game.
3. Having Mac walk for 4 million is borderline negligence
4. Not having a trade worked out for Harris after knowing there were going to tag him.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Also, I wanted to add that a team that is "all in" shouldn't be relying on replacement level players/rookies to fill as many players as we are. The Vikings plan makes little sense. Some of our signings last season appeared to be all in for a couple of runs. Then this season, it is a fire sale. Where is the plan for this team. As it stands, it looks like a retool for 2020 and trying to be competitive again for 2021. As of now, many of the teams that were as good as we were last year "appear" to have greatly improved.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

IMO retaining Rudy resulted pretty directly into 3 more wins last year plus the playoff win. Now it's possible if we had let him go whatever we did with the money would have resulted in some wins.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:14 pm

IMO retaining Rudy resulted pretty directly into 3 more wins last year plus the playoff win. Now it's possible if we had let him go whatever we did with the money would have resulted in some wins.
I hate these types of arguments. It's possible without Rudy, we are in better positions in all of those games where heroics aren't needed. Maybe his replacement wins on key 3rd downs that lead to points earlier in the game instead of 3 and outs. I do know that paying him 9 million is silly. He is the 4th best TE in the league and he is average.