Vikings cut Kline

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Vikings cut Kline

Post by StumpHunter »

I said all year he was playing at a below average level and people consistently ripped me for it. This just confirms that most fans have no idea what a good guard looks like.

The Vikings must like Dozier or Samia quite a bit is all I can think as this does create a hole on the team. Or they are about to make a move for a FA guard.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

StumpHunter wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:23 pm I said all year he was playing at a below average level and people consistently ripped me for it. This just confirms that most fans have no idea what a good guard looks like.

The Vikings must like Dozier or Samia quite a bit is all I can think as this does create a hole on the team. Or they are about to make a move for a FA guard.
Neither, signing a NT. Are you saying that he played worse than Pat last season?
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

YikesVikes wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:55 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:23 pm I said all year he was playing at a below average level and people consistently ripped me for it. This just confirms that most fans have no idea what a good guard looks like.

Neither, signing a NT. Are you saying that he played worse than Pat last season?
The surprise with Kline is that he has so much dead money. Evidently, Spielman really missed with Kline.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Does anybody know how the dead money works? Is it averaged out over the two seasons of Kline's deal (2.9 dead this year and next) or is it a per year thing? (4.5 this year, 1.3 next)
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it Kline that suffered multiple concussions? I'm wondering if this is maybe health related vs performance.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

fiestavike wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:21 pm Does anybody know how the dead money works? Is it averaged out over the two seasons of Kline's deal (2.9 dead this year and next) or is it a per year thing? (4.5 this year, 1.3 next)
It counts against the cap in the year the player was cut.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

S197 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:24 pm Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it Kline that suffered multiple concussions? I'm wondering if this is maybe health related vs performance.
Probably a big factor.
Raz
Veteran

Post by Raz »

We are worried about the cap now we have all this dead money and no players makes no sense
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

StumpHunter wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:33 pm
fiestavike wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:21 pm Does anybody know how the dead money works? Is it averaged out over the two seasons of Kline's deal (2.9 dead this year and next) or is it a per year thing? (4.5 this year, 1.3 next)
The full amount? (4.5 this year or 5.8 this year?)
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

fiestavike wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:00 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:33 pm

4.5 this year. They saved 1.5 in cap this year and 6.3 million next year.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

StumpHunter wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:05 pm
fiestavike wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:00 pm

4.5 this year. They saved 1.5 in cap this year and 6.3 million next year.
So the dead cap number for next year simply disappears? Interesting.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

this is ridiculous. He was average and $5M is a good price for an average starting OG. Elf is horrible

Wonder if there was a major personality conflict with Dennison or something?

Maybe they see something they love in Samia and another?

Definitely a head scratcher.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

thinking about this a bit more......I seem to recall someone posted during the season, that Kline was the real weak link on the OL, and that some of the struggles of Bradbury (constantly having to help Kline) and Elf (constantly being left alone because Bradbury was always helping Kline) were because of Kline's weaknesses.

Not saying I am promoting this idea, just thought about this a minute ago after thinking about this surprise move.

thoughts?
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

YikesVikes wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:34 pm This team is a joke. Every year they make worse decisions and this team will never win a chip with the FO we have. We cut Kline who appeared to be an above-average guard for us and Pat E still has a job? A joke. We saved 1 million. Can't wait to hear how the Speilman asskissers work this into a positive.
There are no Spielman a$$ kissers on this site and I haven't seen one person try to spin this into a positive. Nobody gets why the hell this happened.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I guess everyone should just listen to what you say since you’re one of the only fans that knows what a good guard looks like. And apparently quarterbacks too :roll:

Funny thing is, they asked him to basically take a pay cut, he refused so they let him go. That’s not a direct knock on his play. They are trying to move all the salary cap around that they can
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri