Steve Hutchinson elected to HoF

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Steve Hutchinson elected to HoF

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Congrats. Guy was a stud.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Vikings CrucifiXS
Rookie

Re: Steve Hutchinson elected to HoF

Post by Vikings CrucifiXS »

Brilliant!
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Well deserved!
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Hutch was a hell of a guard. I don’t know that I consider him a Viking though. Obviously he played here for many years but I always tend to associate guys with their original team. Jared Allen would be in a similar category. I can see others thinking differently, I guess to me a “true” Viking is a guy like Doleman, Moss, Peterson, etc.
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

Hutch was good, no doubt, HOF ? Don't know about that . Don't understand how he gets in and Jim Marshall waits.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Laserman wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:58 am Hutch was good, no doubt, HOF ? Don't know about that . Don't understand how he gets in and Jim Marshall waits.
Edgerrin James doesn't deserve it imo. Marshall, Torry Holt, and even London Fletcher were better at their respective positions than James. Same goes for Bettis.
mael·strom

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

S197 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:24 am Hutch was a hell of a guard. I don’t know that I consider him a Viking though. Obviously he played here for many years but I always tend to associate guys with their original team. Jared Allen would be in a similar category. I can see others thinking differently, I guess to me a “true” Viking is a guy like Doleman, Moss, Peterson, etc.
I pretty much look at it like wherever they had the best years of their career that's the team you remember them on. However, guys like Jerry Rice (Raiders), Brett Favre (Vikings), and Randy Moss (Pats :puke: ) can still be appreciated and remembered by the team's fanbases they had a great year or two for as well. But of course we will always associate them with the teams thry had the most dominant years with first.

I offer a unique perspective on Hutchinson I guess as I live in STL and was a Rams fan back then. But I remember thinking :shock: when the Vikings landed Hutchinson how awesome that run game was going to be. From the outside looking in I can tell you I remember him more as a Viking and I watched him against the Rams twice a year when he was in Seattle.

As a side note I remember Favre from the outside looking in as having his best statistical year and having a lot of his most memorable career moments with the Vikings. I was too young to follow his best years with the Packers though as I started watching in 2000. Of course he will always be thought of first as a Packer because he had more good years there than in Minnesota. However, I will definitely never forget his great year as a Viking.
mael·strom

Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

What gets me is that the HOF is has a lot of very good Players inducted that were not Great. There is a difference to me between very good and great players. A third of the players don't deserve the tag of great. In the 70s the HOF meant something. Not so much now.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Laserman wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:24 am What gets me is that the HOF is has a lot of very good Players inducted that were not Great. There is a difference to me between very good and great players. A third of the players don't deserve the tag of great. In the 70s the HOF meant something. Not so much now.
Totally agree. They let too many in.
mael·strom