Browns plan to hire Stefanski

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Browns plan to hire Stefanski

Post by Dames »

Mothman wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:38 am
mansquatch wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:40 amYou could be right, but why wait until now? If that was the case why not blow out in 2017 when the defense was #1 in the league and his stock would be at it's apex?
He was under contract and now he's not.
Well, there's that too.
Damian
VikeFanInEagleLand
Transition Player

Post by VikeFanInEagleLand »

To be honest, I knew very little about Stefanski when he took over as OC. I just took the position of "let's give him a chance and wait and see." With Kubiak on board, it was very difficult to judge Stefanski because you didn't what he was responsible for or not responsible for. BUT I can say that I lost a lot of respect for him in the last week. I know a lot of people are of the opinion that he really had no option but to interview during the prep-week for the 49ers game, but...yes he did. I just like stand up guys, (that have a pair) and can say "wait until after the season". If the Browns weren't willing to wait, then I Say "Oh well. You're loss" Another opportunity would have come up. And on top of it, now they are reporting that he agreed to terms that include meeting with the owner every Monday to go over the previous game. C'mon! Only someone desperate for a head coaching position agrees to that. A spineless Yes-Man.

So, see ya later. Easily replaceable in my eyes.
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

VikeFanInEagleLand wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:56 am To be honest, I knew very little about Stefanski when he took over as OC. I just took the position of "let's give him a chance and wait and see." With Kubiak on board, it was very difficult to judge Stefanski because you didn't what he was responsible for or not responsible for. BUT I can say that I lost a lot of respect for him in the last week. I know a lot of people are of the opinion that he really had no option but to interview during the prep-week for the 49ers game, but...yes he did. I just like stand up guys, (that have a pair) and can say "wait until after the season". If the Browns weren't willing to wait, then I Say "Oh well. You're loss" Another opportunity would have come up. And on top of it, now they are reporting that he agreed to terms that include meeting with the owner every Monday to go over the previous game. C'mon! Only someone desperate for a head coaching position agrees to that. A spineless Yes-Man.

So, see ya later. Easily replaceable in my eyes.
They already denied that report:
Jimmy Haslam and Kevin Stefanski dispute report about mandatory meetings

As far as meeting with the owners after a game, I don't know what's wrong with that personally. As an owner of a company, I would like to be involved too. It's not like they are suggesting that ownership is going to call the plays. I mean, there are concerns that ownership can overstep (ala Jerry Jones on occassion), but I don't know if that's happening in Cleveland yet. Cleveland ownership has made a mess of things for years... so maybe this is just the next level of screwing things up.

It's really easy for fans to say he should have waited, but honestly put yourself into his shoes. You have a chance to go for a dream job, HC in the NFL, you can't seriously sit here and tell me that you would tell the team "Sorry, you'll have to wait." We're not talking about a job at McDonald's here. There are 32 of these jobs in the world. No chance in hell I'm asking them to wait if this is my first opportunity to get one of those jobs and it's something I've always wanted. Would it have been ballsy? Absolutely. But it could have also shut the door for him for a while. I have no problem with him going for it. I have a problem with the Browns forcing the issue, and I have a big problem with the NFL allowing. They can change the system if they wanted.

That said, I don't know that he'll be a huge loss for us either. Kubiak is still here, and I believe he was a huge part of his success. I guess we'll see though.
Damian
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Browns plan to fire Stefanski
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »