Divisional Round: Vikings/49ers Pre-Game Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: Divisional Round: Vikings/49ers Pre-Game Thread

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:18 pm Kearse ruled out. There goes the plan to have him cover Kittle.
And Mack Alexander to IR. Not available for the NFCC Game or Super Bowl.

Wait, did I just say that?
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Nc49erfan
Waterboy

Post by Nc49erfan »

The media may be overlooking and saying blowing but us niner fans know it will be a close game . Jimmy and cousins have been almost identical. It will probably be a defensive battle .
StpViking
Starter

Post by StpViking »

Score prediction time:

As much as I want to believe the coaches have a plan to neutralize the 9'ers DL. There is so much you can do and the rest is up to players on the field. The Vikings just do not match well against the 9'ers.

A defensive battle for 3 quarters.

Niners 10
Vikings 3

In the 4th quarter, the Vikings D finally runs out gas and the Niners score a couple of garbage time TDs.

Final score:

Niners 24
Vikings 3
White 8DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee! Waz Up!
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

Nc49erfan wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:47 pm The media may be overlooking and saying blowing but us niner fans know it will be a close game . Jimmy and cousins have been almost identical. It will probably be a defensive battle .
I started observing yesterday, that with the reports of the number of your injured defensive starters becoming active, and if IR and expected to play, as well as the loss of some of our DBs and the injury to Theilen, the shift started towards favoring the Niners more in late afternoon, and then it became stronger through the evening.
But as we all saw during the Saints game, it really is alot of speculation.
The injuries in our DB concern me the most. Losing Kearse to assign to Kittle really did throw a wrench into the D gameplan, and I do fear how the effects of the stitches in what was reported as a huge gash in Theilens foot will effect his ability to plant, cut and run his routes.
So from what I saw the experts seemed to be starting to learn back over to the Niners as the potential winners.
But the game isnt played in the TV sets, its played in the stadiums and on the field.
So I guess later this afternoon we will know the true outcome. I say SKOL VIKINGS.. win this. But if we don't, it's weird for me to do this, but I will convert to being a fan of our opponent today and hope that they move on.
I'm both excited and nervous for this game. A great matchup for us fans. Whoever wins I want them to especially destroy arrogant Erin and the Pukers especially, and then Mr. Monotone Media I give all the perfect answers Wilson and the Seachickens.
So all I can end it with is May the better team today win.
But I do hope they have the horn on their helmet lol
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Like all games this one is hard to determine. I just started looking at the 49er team and even looking at their games it's hard to tell what they are. They have one of the best defenses. Let's see they shut out the Skins and then gave up 46 to the Saints and allowed Brees to throw 5 TD passes. To shut a team out is very hard. I don't think the Skins have a QB which helps. Allowing 5 TD passes is pitiful. I don't care how far down on the depth chart a team is that's about as bad as it can get. The Packers only scored 8. The bottom line they could shut us out or we can score 50. Neither would surprise me. But I don't think their D is anything to write home about.
Their offense is very good but again they are all over the board. They scored 9 against the Skins. Then put up 51 against the Panthers. I don't know every detail but Kyle Allen, whoever that is, threw 3 picks which I'm sure helped. They put up 48 against the Saints and 37 against the Pack that's two playoff teams which is very good. One extreme to the other. I have no clue.
At the end of the day we need to go out to the west coast which is always a difficult trip. Our secondary is as banged up and thin as it gets. I'll go the extreme route and they will beat us 38-10. The line hasn't moved so the betting hasn't changed.
Tahoe9erfan
Waterboy

Post by Tahoe9erfan »

9er fan here. I just want to wish your team good luck! Here is to mo injuries and a good game. No matter who wins both teams had a fantastic season with a lot of excitement going into next season.

Good news for the Niners we have our whole defense back. Dee Ford will be active Alexander and Tartt will play today. Also, we signed Earl Mitchell to help with the run game since the DLine was thin at DT.

I know your team has some injuries at key positions just know never doubt the next man up! This is why they get paid. I expect a close game and a good game. The team who makes the least mistakes and has the ball last will most likely win. Good luck!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Tahoe9erfan wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:35 pm 9er fan here. I just want to wish your team good luck! Here is to mo injuries and a good game. No matter who wins both teams had a fantastic season with a lot of excitement going into next season.

Good news for the Niners we have our whole defense back. Dee Ford will be active Alexander and Tartt will play today. Also, we signed Earl Mitchell to help with the run game since the DLine was thin at DT.

I know your team has some injuries at key positions just know never doubt the next man up! This is why they get paid. I expect a close game and a good game. The team who makes the least mistakes and has the ball last will most likely win. Good luck!
Thanks for the classy post and good luck. I definitely hope we see an injury-free game.

I think the key to this game, even more than usual, is going to be controlling the line of scrimmage. It should be a good one!
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

9ers will look to gain morale with their playmakers Kittle and Sanders and it's going to be challenging to matchup but Vikings have to stop them when it counts. Our defense is beat up but we have to trust the Vikings with the next man up strategy our starters helped get us here now our reserves have to finish it.

Vikings after to out execute the 49ers on offense to win(duh) but what I mean is owning the 3rd down convertions by securing the ball and no turnovers. Also I think we need to heavily rely on our running game.
I'm already happy that they Vikings were able to secure the victory against nthe Aints in the Superdome and hopefully we can do it again against the 9ers.
Tahoe9erfan
Waterboy

Post by Tahoe9erfan »

#49ers inactives:

QB C.J. Beathard
RB Jeff Wilson Jr.
WR Jordan Matthews
TE Daniel Helm
DL Kevin Givens
CB Dontae Johnson
LB Azeez Al-Shaair

DE Dee Ford (hamstring) is available for the first time Dec. 8.

Here are inactive for the game. No matter the outcome I will be back to either say good luck on the NFC Championship game or hell of a game I will not dish out too much ####. :D
Saintsfan
Waterboy

Post by Saintsfan »

Hope y'all don't mind if I tag along on this thread. It seems my local affiliate declared war on Dish Network & I can't catch the game live on NBC. By the way, how did you guys end up getting screwed with a Saturday game anyway. Why would the NFL make an NFC team play today when both of the NFC teams had to play last Sunday?
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Saintsfan wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:01 pm Hope y'all don't mind if I tag along on this thread. It seems my local affiliate declared war on Dish Network & I can't catch the game live on NBC. By the way, how did you guys end up getting screwed with a Saturday game anyway. Why would the NFL make an NFC team play today when both of the NFC teams had to play last Sunday?
Because we're the Vikings. This always happens to us.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Saintsfan
Waterboy

Post by Saintsfan »

We have a lot more in common than most folks realize. Like there have only been 4 times a 3 loss team has had to play on wild card weekend. Can you guess who it was that had to do it 3 of the 4 times? The only team with 11 wins to have to travel to a 7 win team for a playoff game. That was us. And last weekend what were we doing playing you guys anyway? Oh yeah, that's right you guys were a "6" seed with ten wins when their was "4" seed with eight wins hosting another playoff game against a "5" seed with 11 wins. Only the NFl is this freaking smart.
Last edited by Saintsfan on Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

Saintsfan wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:01 pm Hope y'all don't mind if I tag along on this thread. It seems my local affiliate declared war on Dish Network & I can't catch the game live on NBC. By the way, how did you guys end up getting screwed with a Saturday game anyway. Why would the NFL make an NFC team play today when both of the NFC teams had to play last Sunday?
Dam that sucks man. They're some good streaming sites out there. I can give you a couple of you need it.
Saintsfan
Waterboy

Post by Saintsfan »

I would appreciate that. Otherwise i think I can get it on my phone. Nothing like watching on an I phone instead of my big screen.
Saintsfan
Waterboy

Post by Saintsfan »

Don't look now, but you guys are looking pretty good. At least on my I phone anyway. (=