Made sure the wife got this win on video!!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Made sure the wife got this win on video!!

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

So most of you saw the pictures of when I took my step son Finley to his first Vikings game in buffalo this preseason and we met all the players. He was able to meet Cousins and Rudolph both and got pictures with them. If you swipe left on this video you’ll see the pictures we got with Cousins and Rudolph.

Well, my main man Finley called the TD pass to Rudolph!! Turn your sound up on the video and you can hear Finley say “it’s going to Rudolph because he’s tall”. Unfortunately I woke up our little man Luca but it was worth it lol

https://www.instagram.com/p/B69DU-0nfi ... h5wjbumfft
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: Made sure the wife got this win on video!!

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:16 pm So most of you saw the pictures of when I took my step son Finley to his first Vikings game in buffalo this preseason and we met all the players. He was able to meet Cousins and Rudolph both and got pictures with them. If you swipe left on this video you’ll see the pictures we got with Cousins and Rudolph.

Well, my main man Finley called the TD pass to Rudolph!! Turn your sound up on the video and you can hear Finley say “it’s going to Rudolph because he’s tall”. Unfortunately I woke up our little man Luca but it was worth it lol

Dude, that's awesome!
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:16 pm So most of you saw the pictures of when I took my step son Finley to his first Vikings game in buffalo this preseason and we met all the players. He was able to meet Cousins and Rudolph both and got pictures with them. If you swipe left on this video you’ll see the pictures we got with Cousins and Rudolph.

That was awesome man!! Took me back to my younger days with my dad when we would get excited like that.. watching a great big mammoth console TV that was about 500 lbs and only had about a 23 inch screen lol.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:27 am watching a great big mammoth console TV that was about 500 lbs and only had about a 23 inch screen lol.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

:beerock: Great moment and cool pics.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

Nice call by your son!,I wish I would have been able to take my son to meet some of the players when he was young. I was able to take him and his fiancée though a few years back to training camp as I have a good friends cousin who works for the Vikings.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Husker Vike wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:37 pm Nice call by your son!,I wish I would have been able to take my son to meet some of the players when he was young. I was able to take him and his fiancée though a few years back to training camp as I have a good friends cousin who works for the Vikings.
You make a great point here. I just SAW the Vikings play when I was 9, from the cheap seats, and Joe Kapp threw 7 touchdown passes. I was instantly a Kapp lover for life. I can't imagine if I'd have gotten to MEET some of the players. That would have been unbelievable.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:24 pm
Husker Vike wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:37 pm Nice call by your son!,I wish I would have been able to take my son to meet some of the players when he was young. I was able to take him and his fiancée though a few years back to training camp as I have a good friends cousin who works for the Vikings.
You make a great point here. I just SAW the Vikings play when I was 9, from the cheap seats, and Joe Kapp threw 7 touchdown passes. I was instantly a Kapp lover for life. I can't imagine if I'd have gotten to MEET some of the players. That would have been unbelievable.
Yeah it was just an amazing experience for him. All the players (outside of Griffen) were great with him and all signed his ball. He met Kirk twice, once at the hotel and once on the field (we had field passes). Such a great guy, took the time to ask him his name and age, took pictures, etc. Harrison Smith, Rudy and Zimmer all took the time to take pictures and ask him questions as well.

The closest I ever got to this when I was young was the 1997 opening day game at Buffalo. It was the year before Moss got there but Carter, Reed and Robert Smith along with John Randle were still fun to watch. It was my first game ever and the Vikings crushed them (34-13). Long story short, I was sitting with my mother and father, we had pretty good seats. There were two open seats next to us. Well around halftime, 3 ladies came down and asked if they could squeeze into those seats. So my mom said no problem and I sat on my fathers lap for the rest of the game. As the game was going on and I was watching it with my father, my mother was talking to these ladies most of the time. I didnt pay any attention to them. All of the sudden my mom said "Mike come over here someone wants to meet you". I had no idea what she was talking about but I went over to my mom and she said "This is Brad Johnson's mom, sister and wife". I was in shock lol. Come to find out they were sitting in the upper deck of the Bills stadium and Bills fans were ragging them pretty hard so that's why they tried to move to different seats and saw my family and I (I had a Carter jersey on) and sat with us instead. Crazy thing was, we talked to them the rest of the game and never asked to meet Brad, get an autograph, nothing but they were super nice people. It was a pretty cool experience. I just wish we asked them because I'm sure, given how long they talked to us, they would've found a way to either have us meet Brad or the team in general.
-Chazz Palminteri
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

My 40th birthday present from my wife and daughter was a home game in Minnesota against the Titans , on my actual birthday, we won the game, then that tuesday evening I bow killed what was at the time my 2nd best highest scoring Whitetail buck.
The day before the game we were in the Mall of America. My daughter was a H.S. cheerleader at the time so we were in the one women's Vikings clothes store. The girl working in it got to talking to my daughter and wife and found out she was a cheerleader and told us she was the head of the Vikes cheerleaders. She was really cool and gave my daughter some cool stuff and told her where to go to take pics with the cheerleaders before the game outside the stadium. She then took us over to 2 women in the store , told then we were there from Ohio for the game. She said this is Gus Ferrote's wife and mother.
Then before the game I was able to talk to Joey Browner outside the stadium after he had been doing the radio broadcast. Pretty cool because I was able to tell him I had met his brother Ross at the Bengals training camp when our H.S. coach took our team down to camp as he had an old friend on the coaching staff.
Then to top it off, we went in the Metrodome as soon as the doors opened to soak the whole experience up. We went down by the railing when some of the team were warming up. My daughter yelled at Culpepper. He turned around and waved. She said today's my dads 40th birthday, win the game for him!! He came trotting over, shook my hand and wished me Happy birthday and she took a picture of him and I with our thumbs up. He said I will do everything I can to get you a birthday win. Really cool of him.
Needless to say it was a great week between the game and the hunt a few days after.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

That's excellent, Mike. :) Thanks for sharing it with us.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

DUDE ... you were on national TV! I saw that video on NBC's opener!

Rock on! :beerock:
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:03 pm DUDE ... you were on national TV! I saw that video on NBC's opener!

Seriously???? I am also DVRing , ran it back and didnt see it. What point of broadcast is it at?
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:06 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:03 pm DUDE ... you were on national TV! I saw that video on NBC's opener!

Seriously???? I am also DVRing , ran it back and didnt see it. What point of broadcast is it at?
The very beginning, just before the last commercial set before the start of the game (IRRC). They show a montage of home videos of Vikings fans watching the game-winning TD against the Saints -- in bars, at home, etc. He's one of the last ones, maybe THE last one. Recognized the video immediately.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

NO WAY!!! I’m trying to find it now
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

I didn’t record the game. Does anyone have access to that pregame footage?
-Chazz Palminteri