2019 Roster Moves and Transactions Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: 2019 Roster Moves and Transactions Thread

Post by dead_poet »

Some speculation this is a way the Vikings can let him learn the playbook and get up to speed while saving a roster spot for a much needed corner while Alexander and Hill are out.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:55 pm Some speculation this is a way the Vikings can let him learn the playbook and get up to speed while saving a roster spot for a much needed corner while Alexander and Hill are out.
When can he come back? I guess if it's that hard for him to learn a play book maybe that's why he struggled so far in his career.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:10 pm
dead_poet wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:55 pm Some speculation this is a way the Vikings can let him learn the playbook and get up to speed while saving a roster spot for a much needed corner while Alexander and Hill are out.
When can he come back? I guess if it's that hard for him to learn a play book maybe that's why he struggled so far in his career.
He'll be able to return by either Week 8 or 9.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:28 pm
PurpleMustReign wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:10 pm

What week is Hill eligible to be back?

:wink:
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

dead_poet wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:43 pm
Rhodes Closed wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:28 pm

Whenever he lays off the weed lol
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:50 pm
dead_poet wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:43 pm

Whenever he lays off the weed lol
He only does weed every other week. The opposite he takes his PEDs. Gotta stack right.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Crabtree was just cut by the Cardinals. That's a guy that can certainly help Minnesota as a #3 WR.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:19 pm Crabtree was just cut by the Cardinals. That's a guy that can certainly help Minnesota as a #3 WR.
Yeah I just saw that. That’s not a bad idea at all. I don’t think he was cut due to talent. Arizona has a lot of young guys and are rebuilding. I would say Crabtree would be my first option now. Fallback option would definitely be treadwell simply because he’s a plug and play
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Called it, Vikings just resigned treadwell. I think it’s a smart move given Beebe is gonna be out
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
9man
Transition Player

Post by 9man »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:56 am Called it, Vikings just resigned treadwell. I think it’s a smart move given Beebe is gonna be out
Probably the best option. I hope he takes advantage of this second chance.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Another advantage to Treadwell is that he's a good blocker. Even if he doesn't catch a lot of passes, he'll help in the running game, especially given our proclivity toward a ground attack. We may actually get a little BETTER at running the ball.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:56 am Called it, Vikings just resigned treadwell. I think it’s a smart move given Beebe is gonna be out
I was just going to post that Sherels is available. Probably a moot point now with reTreadwell back on the roster.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:08 am Another advantage to Treadwell is that he's a good blocker. Even if he doesn't catch a lot of passes, he'll help in the running game, especially given our proclivity toward a ground attack. We may actually get a little BETTER at running the ball.
I was thinking that too. It's like having an extra lineman down field ... so at least there's that.

My issue with Treadwell is that it never seemed like work ethic or lack of trying. I'm not sure that whatever is wrong with his game is fixable.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Treadwell ends up catching the game winner as time expires against the Bears after posting a 15 catch, 200 yard, multi-TD game?

And then he announces he's holding out...

:rofl:
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

dead_poet wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:11 am
I was just going to post that Sherels is available. Probably a moot point now with reTreadwell back on the roster.
My buddy nick and I just talked about this. Is there anyone we could possibly cut to sign Sherels? I would think Beebe will be going on IR so treadwell fills in there. Who would be the next guy to cut?

What about Nate Meadors? With Hughes back and Alexander coming back within the next week or two, why not cut meadors? Meadors has been burned for 2 TDs now. One vs GB and the late one vs Oakland.

The plus side of that, is that Sherels can also play CB. And I can’t imagine he’s much worse than Meadors and knows the system.

But I think that makes perfect sense because you get back end CB depth plus a legit punt returner. With Meadors you get nothing
-Chazz Palminteri