Vikings trade for Vedvik

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

w_huisman
Transition Player

Re: Vikings trade for Vedvik

Post by w_huisman »

It'd be a giant ostrich egg if the Vikes kept him on the team at this point only to rationalize their trade for him.

IMO, he needs to be cut after his performance last night.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

w_huisman wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:36 am It'd be a giant ostrich egg if the Vikes kept him on the team at this point only to rationalize their trade for him.

IMO, he needs to be cut after his performance last night.
He's good at kicking off. That's about it. What a joke.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Last year Carlson missed one FG and zero PATs the rest of the season after we cut him. There is no proof that Vedvik sucks.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

They cut him
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

CharVike wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:09 pmThey cut him
The move to acquire him is an embarrassment. But hopefully Bailey will make us forget about all of this during the regular season.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

The whole Vedvik deal is a head scratcher. :confused:
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

I think we can say the Vedvik trade was not a good one, but bad trades happen all the time. I think we can move on safely, either way. Let's be reasonable about it.
Purple Martin
Starter

Post by Purple Martin »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:33 am Yeah, this is looking more and more like a colossal mistake.

Vedvik missed another FG against Buffalo. Now 0-for-3. And his short punt in the fourth quarter gave Buffalo great field position.

Preseason games are meaningless. But the kicking game isn't. Vedvik may have just kicked his way off the team, leaving the Vikings' front office with egg on their faces.
1 for 4. He was 1 for 2 Thurs
Mothman wrote:... a good completion percentage in a performance like that is like putting lipstick on a pig.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

I say the trade for Vedvik helped Bailey get his head on straight. So it wasn't a failure.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:39 am I say the trade for Vedvik helped Bailey get his head on straight. So it wasn't a failure.
Ding ding we have a WINNER. Perfect post. Had a guy come in driving the engine of the Hype Train to come in and kick, punt, hold and maybe make T bones for the team after the games. Put some pressure on Bailey, and he started kicking better and won the job.
If THAT made Bailey turn back into the reliable kicker of old, and we can count on him every time he trots out there... well worth the 5th rd pick and the drama for me.
Just my opinion. Might be " Just What the Doctor Ordered"...thanks Nuge... for Bailey and his success for the Vikes. I hope so
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:39 am I say the trade for Vedvik helped Bailey get his head on straight. So it wasn't a failure.
Ding ding we have a WINNER. Perfect post. Had a guy come in driving the engine of the Hype Train to come in and kick, punt, hold and maybe make T bones for the team after the games. Put some pressure on Bailey, and he started kicking better and won the job.
If THAT made Bailey turn back into the reliable kicker of old, and we can count on him every time he trots out there... well worth the 5th rd pick and the drama for me.
Just my opinion. Might be " Just What the Doctor Ordered"...thanks Nuge... for Bailey and his success for the Vikes. I hope so
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Yeah, well, color me unimpressed. He's helped him win a job in August. Very good. It's not August that I'm worried about though. Its November, December and (hopefully) January/February.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:24 am
Vedvik will never play in the NFL. He couldn't hit a FG in college. And his punting.... I guess he will hit a 70 yarder and then a bunch of crap kicks. That don't work either. If it helped Baily then I guess it's ok. We should have hit this in January not the end of August.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

CharVike wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:58 am
Bowhunting Viking wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:24 am

Vedvik will never play in the NFL. He couldn't hit a FG in college. And his punting.... I guess he will hit a 70 yarder and then a bunch of crap kicks. That don't work either. If it helped Baily then I guess it's ok. We should have hit this in January not the end of August.
I just hope Bailey has gotten whatever his problems were taken care of and he becomes a good reliable kicker. Trying to be optimistic .
It sucks that it took wasting a pick on a "gimmick" to try and figure it out, well I mean TRY and figure it out.
I sure miss the days of Fuad Revaiz where you you just figured it was a sure 3 pts of extra point when he took the field. Until the Falcons game Gary Anderson was that guy.

This garbage of holding our breaths on even a short routine kick just gets so old .
Like I said, I'm trying to channel some optimism for Bailey. Don't confuse that wishful thinking on my part as confidence in any way.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

PacificNorseWest wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:48 am Yeah, well, color me unimpressed. He's helped him win a job in August. Very good. It's not August that I'm worried about though. Its November, December and (hopefully) January/February.
Yes Bailey needs to continue making his kicks. I'm assuming he will of course. Positive thinking equals good Karma. Go Bailey! Go Vikings!! :rock: :v):