Kyle Rudolph unfollows Vikings after Irv Smith Jr. drafted

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Kyle Rudolph unfollows Vikings after Irv Smith Jr. drafted

Post by StumpHunter »

CharVike wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:05 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:51 pm
It isn't because he plays for the Packers I think he is a POS. It is how he treats his family, teammates, and people around him.

The arrogant #### is on any other team but the Pack and he is the most hated player in the NFL.
You have no idea how he treats his family. Neither do the reporters. Are they staying with the family? He's got a brother who wants his name in the paper. That's a POS. Makes stuff up over jealousy. I read for the town he grew up in Rodgers donated one million of his own money. He got others involved to donate money. Millions. That was for the fires. He brother didn't do that.
It is pretty easy to give money to charity when you are incredibly wealthy. Being a decent person takes work.

It wasn't just his brother either.

There are quite a few stories that will come out once the guy leaves GB and that towns "sports media" stops protecting him.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:38 pm
CharVike wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:05 pm
You have no idea how he treats his family. Neither do the reporters. Are they staying with the family? He's got a brother who wants his name in the paper. That's a POS. Makes stuff up over jealousy. I read for the town he grew up in Rodgers donated one million of his own money. He got others involved to donate money. Millions. That was for the fires. He brother didn't do that.
It is pretty easy to give money to charity when you are incredibly wealthy. Being a decent person takes work.

It wasn't just his brother either.

There are quite a few stories that will come out once the guy leaves GB and that towns "sports media" stops protecting him.
A decent person is very subjective. It doesn't take work to not rob from somebody. It's easy to give to charity if your not incredibly wealthy also. Money is money. I'm not saying Rodgers doesn't have issues with his family. Maybe he does. It looks like his brother hates him also so guilty as charged. Once these so called stories come out we will know more about what a POS he is.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

CharVike wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:33 am
StumpHunter wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:25 pm

If he played for the Vikings and got his coach fired by losing games intentionally?
He threw games. ok. That coach should have been fired. The entire FO should have been fired.
What?

You're saying Rodgers threw games and because he threw them, his head coach and the front office should been/were fired?

I find that preposterous on its face.

Look at when Favre was throwing a fit over in Packerland and what happened to him. He was sent packing (no pun intended) and Rodgers was installed at QB.

So now the Packers have reached the point where instead of establishing credibility, they're going to coddle a malcontent and punish those who are just trying to do their jobs and help the overall team win?

I mean, it's entirely possible that is the case, but if it is, woe to the Packers. Truly. They have entered at least a long decline that will affect their future ability to hire anyone with character and of quality. Who would want to go into a situation where, if they anger the sacred cow(s) of the organization, they are promised a swift, unceremonious kick in the rear on their way out the door and will also get the blame for any failures in addition?

I can't imagine anyone of quality accepting something like that, no matter what money is involved.

Player malcontents are simply not to be tolerated. For that matter, even head coach malcontents are usually punted (witness what happened to Dennis Green when he left the Vikings after writing his book disparaging the ownership of the team at the time). If you let a malcontent start to dictate things to the wider organization, the organization is dead, even if it walks and talks for a while longer.

It is true that Rodgers might have no longer like playing for McCarthy, but I saw more than enough from the entire team in McCarthy's last season to suggest that it wasn't the players, or even one particular special player, responsible for McCarthy's exit. It seemed like the entire team was undisciplined and ill-prepared with many uncharacteristic mistakes. Hard for me to blame Rodgers for what happened, and even harder for me to believe he intentionally caused any Packers losses.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

VikingLord wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:46 pm
He threw games. ok. That coach should have been fired. The entire FO should have been fired.
What?

You're saying Rodgers threw games and because he threw them, his head coach and the front office should been/were fired?

Look at when Favre was throwing a fit over in Packerland and what happened to him. He was sent packing (no pun intended) and Rodgers was installed at QB.

So now the Packers have reached the point where instead of establishing credibility, they're going to coddle a malcontent and punish those who are just trying to do their jobs and help the overall team win?

I mean, it's entirely possible that is the case, but if it is, woe to the Packers. Truly. They have entered at least a long decline that will affect their future ability to hire anyone with character and of quality. Who would want to go into a situation where, if they anger the sacred cow(s) of the organization, they are promised a swift, unceremonious kick in the rear on their way out the door and will also get the blame for any failures in addition?

I can't imagine anyone of quality accepting something like that, no matter what money is involved.

Player malcontents are simply not to be tolerated. For that matter, even head coach malcontents are usually punted (witness what happened to Dennis Green when he left the Vikings after writing his book disparaging the ownership of the team at the time). If you let a malcontent start to dictate things to the wider organization, the organization is dead, even if it walks and talks for a while longer.

It is true that Rodgers might have no longer like playing for McCarthy, but I saw more than enough from the entire team in McCarthy's last season to suggest that it wasn't the players, or even one particular special player, responsible for McCarthy's exit. It seemed like the entire team was undisciplined and ill-prepared with many uncharacteristic mistakes. Hard for me to blame Rodgers for what happened, and even harder for me to believe he intentionally caused any Packers losses.
LMAO Rodgers throwing games so the coach should be fired. A player that would intentionally lose a game should be thrown out of the league permanently.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

What?

There is no benefit for Rodgers to blow games. I don't think he ever blew a game. I don't know the relationship between Mccarthy and Rodgers but I think they won a Super Bowl together. Rodgers is a competitor. He wants to win. Mccarthy was a terrible coach. When he lost Rodgers he couldn't win. The entire Packer team gave up on McCarthy. Now the chant will be Rodgers convinced the whole team to lay down. Tice dealt with Moss when he was malcontent and refused to even try. Basically blowing the game. McCombs didn't and shipped him out. I don't see Rodgers not trying and throwing games to get the HC fired. You can say the great purple people eaters threw games to get Grant fired. They certainly did try very hard during the Super Bowl run. I watched the games. The problem was a lack of size and they were pushed around like rag dolls including HOFer Page.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

CharVike wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:53 am

What?

There is no benefit for Rodgers to blow games. I don't think he ever blew a game. I don't know the relationship between Mccarthy and Rodgers but I think they won a Super Bowl together. Rodgers is a competitor. He wants to win. Mccarthy was a terrible coach. When he lost Rodgers he couldn't win. The entire Packer team gave up on McCarthy. Now the chant will be Rodgers convinced the whole team to lay down. Tice dealt with Moss when he was malcontent and refused to even try. Basically blowing the game. McCombs didn't and shipped him out. I don't see Rodgers not trying and throwing games to get the HC fired. You can say the great purple people eaters threw games to get Grant fired. They certainly did try very hard during the Super Bowl run. I watched the games. The problem was a lack of size and they were pushed around like rag dolls including HOFer Page.
I agree. I hate Rodgers because he's a packer and for no other reason. He could be an awful person for all I know. He could be great and simply misunderstood. Unless someone comes on this board who knows him personally everyone else is simply speculating and drawing their conclusions.

But if anyone thinks an nfl player would try to throw a game I'm sorry but there is no possible way. Even is some starting qb and future hall-of-famer decided he wanted to try which would never happen....his teammates would never allow it to happen. To be honest, I'd expect one of those guys to actually physically beat his ####! These guys work way too hard, and there is so much at stake for all of them physically and financially.

I get we're all fans. We draw opinions with no inside information. But I can with almost 100% certainty that no player would try to lose a game and no players would allow it if it were to happen.
i'm ready for a beer.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

These professional athletes are human beings who have human emotions. They aren't the perfect people you all wish they were. Rodgers is a ####, who complained about the offense his coach was running, than proceeded to have one of the worst games of his career, at home, against a horrible team. We can pretend it is a coincidence, or we can live in reality.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:38 pm These professional athletes are human beings who have human emotions. They aren't the perfect people you all wish they were. Rodgers is a ####, who complained about the offense his coach was running, than proceeded to have one of the worst games of his career, at home, against a horrible team. We can pretend it is a coincidence, or we can live in reality.
The reality is you have no idea. Rodgers dumps this Munn chick and she comes out with this family BS. She just lost the golden goose. No wonder he booted her ####. She has a mental problem. And people actually believe her like stump. She needs attention. . Rodgers brother is the real dirt ball. Using his brother's fame to make money. Come on dirt bag make your own name. Break all the QB records. Be the 1st to throw 100 TDs. Oh wait he blows as a player. But got rich off his brothers back. That's a scum bag. If I was Rodgers I wouldn't even look at the ####. What you think is a perfect people others may think is a POS. Again whatever POS means.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

CharVike wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:10 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:38 pm These professional athletes are human beings who have human emotions. They aren't the perfect people you all wish they were. Rodgers is a ####, who complained about the offense his coach was running, than proceeded to have one of the worst games of his career, at home, against a horrible team. We can pretend it is a coincidence, or we can live in reality.
The reality is you have no idea. Rodgers dumps this Munn chick and she comes out with this family BS. She just lost the golden goose. No wonder he booted her ####. She has a mental problem. And people actually believe her like stump. She needs attention. . Rodgers brother is the real dirt ball. Using his brother's fame to make money. Come on dirt bag make your own name. Break all the QB records. Be the 1st to throw 100 TDs. Oh wait he blows as a player. But got rich off his brothers back. That's a scum bag. If I was Rodgers I wouldn't even look at the ####. What you think is a perfect people others may think is a POS. Again whatever POS means.
Beard. Obvious beard.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

Nope... all his troubles can be traced back to the mustache and cowboy hat deal years ago . He tried to he Sam Elliot, failing miserably , thus causing anxiety, self doubt, relationship problems with family, coaches and teammates. Also a sense of entitlement and an inflated view of his own self importance. Any man who tries to be THE Sam Elliot will exhibit all these traits until they admit the problem and seek professional help.
I must add, I am not a clinical psychologist, but I did stay at a.Holiday Inn Express last week end.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!