The First Name Basis Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: The First Name Basis Thread

Post by VikingsVictorious »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:49 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:42 pm Hi I'm Rick. Nice to meet a new group of Vikings fans.
Hi Brad!
Is being called Brad around here kind of like getting Rick Rolled?
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:19 pm
PurpleMustReign wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:49 pm

Hi Brad!
Lol. I'm not sure but if you look back a ways at the first name basis thread, at one point we started calling everyone Brad.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:00 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:19 pm

Lol. I'm not sure but if you look back a ways at the first name basis thread, at one point we started calling everyone Brad.
Brad is right, everyone is Brad. OK Brad?

Brad
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Thaumaturgist wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:55 am
PurpleMustReign wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:00 pm

Brad
I get it Brad and I fall in line.

Brad
The negotiator
Backup

Post by The negotiator »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:32 am

Brad

I now know my real name is Brad. It’s always troubled me that my birth certificate says Scott. I will have that nullified. I’m from western Michigan, longtime Lions fan, short term Redskins fan and now a full fledged
Vikings fan. Went to a game at US Bank last season. What an architectural masterpiece. Everything well thought out and world class. Planning on coming to a couple games this year. A KC fan who followed him from high school, MSU, Redskins and finally with the Vikings, a great organization. The fans are really passionate and here’s hoping we have a great year. I really enjoy the astute commentary from so many
knowledgeable posters. I hope I can contribute something intelligent once in a while. Thanks!
The negotiator
Backup

Post by The negotiator »

Brad

I now know my real name is Brad. It’s always troubled me that my birth certificate says Scott. I will have that nullified. I’m from western Michigan, longtime Lions fan, short term Redskins fan and now a full fledged
Vikings fan. Went to a game at US Bank last season. What an architectural masterpiece. Everything well thought out and world class. Planning on coming to a couple games this year. A KC fan who followed him from high school, MSU, Redskins and finally with the Vikings, a great organization. The fans are really passionate and here’s hoping we have a great year. I really enjoy the astute commentary from so many
knowledgeable posters. I hope I can contribute something intelligent once in a while. Thanks!
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

The negotiator wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:55 pm

Nice to meet you Scott/Brad. :govikes:
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

The negotiator wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:55 pm

Welcome aboard Brad... I mean Scott... Argh! I mean Brad! Don't worry about that birth certificate thing, we wont hold a little thing like that against you. We usually understand why you wouldn't always want to be known as Brad.

Brad (FKA Brent)
Pep2Moss
Starter

Post by Pep2Moss »

My name is Lou....from New Jersey.... just turned 50 this year, still waiting for that title!
MichaelRay82
Waterboy

Post by MichaelRay82 »

Thanks for letting me join! I live in Minnesota, 56, and have seen every Superbowl we were in :cry: expect the first one against KC.

Love the Vikes and have NOT missed game since the early 70s that I can recall.

Hope we have a season.

Once again thank you for letting me be part of this forum!!

Edit: Oops I forgot, my name is Mike
Last edited by MichaelRay82 on Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelRay82
Waterboy

Post by MichaelRay82 »

Pep2Moss wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:13 pm My name is Lou....from New Jersey.... just turned 50 this year, still waiting for that title!
Me too bud I'm 56
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

MichaelRay82 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:48 pm
Pep2Moss wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:13 pm My name is Lou....from New Jersey.... just turned 50 this year, still waiting for that title!
Me too bud I'm 56
Your name is Lou too? And you are from New Jersey? What are the odds! :rofl:

Just kidding guys. Welcome aboard. :smilevike:
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

MichaelRay82 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:48 pm
Me too bud I'm 56
I , by the authority given to me by Ragnar, rescind your birth names and now deem you both Brad.
Viking nation is honored to bestow this tradition upon you, and know that the both of you will take pride in this re naming.
SKOL Brads!!!!
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

Foreman44. Doug

Newbie onboard
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

Realized just now I neglected posting any sort of hi/intro before I just started posting in threads.

Name is Isaac. I've been a Vikings fan since I was a kid, even though everyone in my family are either 49er or Raider fans. Being a kid of the Bay Area in the 80s almost everyone around me became 49er fans (friends and family), with some Raider ones sprinkled around. I don't like being like everyone else. One of my parents was born in Duluth, so I started adopting the Vikings as my team in the early 90s. John Randle won me over permanently.

Have enjoyed being able to chat with other Vikings fans during games & on the forums. I'm in Oklahoma now and most of the ones around here only were due to AD and have since reverted to being annoying Cowboy fans. Not sure how I hadn't found this forum before last year. Glad I have though.