1st round pick- Vikings select C- Garrett Bradbury NC State

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

1st round pick- Vikings select C- Garrett Bradbury NC State

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Minnesota needs immediate help along the offensive line, and Bradbury should be able to offer just that. Bradbury (6’3/306) was recruited to NC State to play tight end, started at guard as a sophomore and junior, then won the 2018 Rimington Trophy as the nation’s top center. Although Bradbury is limited to the interior by 31 ¾-inch arms, he combines big, heavy hands (10 ½") with 90th-percentile SPARQ athleticism and strength to neutralize even his most-powerful opponents. Smart (35 Wonderlic score), well rounded, and pro-ready, Bradbury profiles one of the safest prospects in this draft.
Excellent pick here by Spielman and Co. Many of us weren’t talking about Bradbury in the chat given the talent that was still out there all over the board but we can’t be mad about this one. Kids a stud in all aspects of the game. Stands up to power, athletic, solid pass protector, etc. By the way analysts are talking, this guy is going to be the next best center in the nfl
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Re: 1st round pick- Vikings select C- Garrett Bradbury NC State

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Very happy with the pick. He is exactly the type of offensive lineman I would pick if I were the GM (like it matters :lol: ) The only lineman I liked more was Jonah Williams (Lindstrom would be 3) and I think Bradbury is a better prospect at his position than Williams is at his (LT). As I said in another discussion, I do hope they keep him at center. Still a lot of great players on the board for day two.
Last edited by Maelstrom88 on Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Dakotavike
Starter

Post by Dakotavike »

I hear ya. No complaints. I'm happy with it, but man, I was really thinking we'd go with Dillard or Ford in that spot. But they're the pros and I'm not. SKOL VIKES!!!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Maelstrom88 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:32 pm Very happy with the pick. He is exactly the type of offensive lineman I would pick if I were the GM (like it matters :lol: ) The only lineman I liked more was Jonah Williams (Lindstrom would be 3) and I think Bradbury is a better prospect at his position than Williams is at his (LT). As I said in another discussion, I do hope they keep him at center. Still a lot of great players on the board for day two.
I am blown away Taylor is still out there. If he somehow continues to drop and is either in reach to trade up for or falls to 50, how do you not take him? Or Ford for that matter. Just blows my mind those two didn’t go but a guy like Tytus Howard did.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:39 pm
Maelstrom88 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:32 pm Very happy with the pick. He is exactly the type of offensive lineman I would pick if I were the GM (like it matters :lol: ) The only lineman I liked more was Jonah Williams (Lindstrom would be 3) and I think Bradbury is a better prospect at his position than Williams is at his (LT). As I said in another discussion, I do hope they keep him at center. Still a lot of great players on the board for day two.
I am blown away Taylor is still out there. If he somehow continues to drop and is either in reach to trade up for or falls to 50, how do you not take him? Or Ford for that matter. Just blows my mind those two didn’t go but a guy like Tytus Howard did.
Totally agree. Potential is there for us to get a huge steal tomorrow.
mael·strom

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Dakotavike wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:32 pm I hear ya. No complaints. I'm happy with it, but man, I was really thinking we'd go with Dillard or Ford in that spot. But they're the pros and I'm not. SKOL VIKES!!!
At this rate, I feel like the chances of Ford and/or Taylor falling to us in the 2nd might be higher than we think. If so, I know we have other holes but how do you not take one of them? Even if they fell to like 40th. Maybe a trade up. Would anyone ever imagine we’d land Taylor and Bradbury or Ford and Bradbury in the same draft?! Crazy
-Chazz Palminteri
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

mael·strom

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

But the more I think about it, why trade up?? Not only are both Taylor and Ford still there but so is Risner, McGovern, McCoy, Jenkins, Little, Davis, Jordan and Deiter. So why rush it?! We could easily pass on OL and wait until the 3rd, even 4th. That’s 10 possibly legitimate offensive lineman still on the board. I mean Taylor and Ford are no brainers if they are there but there are still a ton of options.

Also, a lot of good WRs out there still. Campbell, Metcalf, AJ Brown, Samuel, Ridley, Butler, etc.

Corners are still loaded.

A DT I have my eye on is Dre’Mont Jones frkm Ohio St. And maybe Trysten Hill. Outside of that, DL is pretty picked over.

RBs are endless right now.

Lock is out there.

Still a ton of TEs out there.

The best part is, a lot of our needs, are still VERY deep in this draft outside of DT. Which makes me think we could go with DreMont Jones at 50. Cant wait for tomorrow!
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Those are ELITE numbers right there. 4 sacks given up in over 1,500 pass blocking snaps in 4 years? That’s insane. And you couldn’t ask for a more well rounded lineman. Excellent in both the run and pass. Couldn’t be happier with the pick
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Spielman said they had been watching Bradbury since last year. He went to watch him live against Wake Forest: "he really stood out on the field when I watched him play." Added, "Bradbury was by far our target tonight when we got into the draft." #Vikings
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

#Vikings' Mike Zimmer on whether their Day 2 outlook turns to defense: "It's really hard to say, because you don't know who's going to be there. There might be somebody we're in love with on offense. [But] you can't have enough corners."
:lol: :lol:
Zimmer on a convo he had with his DL coach: "I was sitting in my office one day and Andre Patterson was watching all of the defensive linemen…he came in and said, ‘who is the center from NC State? This guy is a really good football player.' That even intrigued me more." #Vikings
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Anyone see Dalvin Cooks video from his house when we picked Bradbury? He was jumping up and down going nuts!! I love that kid
-Chazz Palminteri
Dakotavike
Starter

Post by Dakotavike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:56 pm But the more I think about it, why trade up?? Not only are both Taylor and Ford still there but so is Risner, McGovern, McCoy, Jenkins, Little, Davis, Jordan and Deiter. So why rush it?! We could easily pass on OL and wait until the 3rd, even 4th. That’s 10 possibly legitimate offensive lineman still on the board. I mean Taylor and Ford are no brainers if they are there but there are still a ton of options.

Also, a lot of good WRs out there still. Campbell, Metcalf, AJ Brown, Samuel, Ridley, Butler, etc.

Corners are still loaded.

A DT I have my eye on is Dre’Mont Jones frkm Ohio St. And maybe Trysten Hill. Outside of that, DL is pretty picked over.

RBs are endless right now.

Lock is out there.

Still a ton of TEs out there.

The best part is, a lot of our needs, are still VERY deep in this draft outside of DT. Which makes me think we could go with DreMont Jones at 50. Cant wait for tomorrow!
I'm right there with ya PHP! As mentioned earlier I was really thinking Ford or Dillard at our pick. But the more I read about Bradbury the more I like it. Ford in the 2nd would still be a dream but don't expect it and not expecting us to trade up. But with grabbing the OL in the 1st, the draft falling the way it did, and all that talent left on the board at our needs it seems like we're wide open for BPA the rest of the way. Don't get me wrong, we still have needs (including another OL) but feeling pretty good about the start to this draft. SKOL VIKES!!!
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:42 pm
Dakotavike wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:32 pm I hear ya. No complaints. I'm happy with it, but man, I was really thinking we'd go with Dillard or Ford in that spot. But they're the pros and I'm not. SKOL VIKES!!!
At this rate, I feel like the chances of Ford and/or Taylor falling to us in the 2nd might be higher than we think. If so, I know we have other holes but how do you not take one of them? Even if they fell to like 40th. Maybe a trade up. Would anyone ever imagine we’d land Taylor and Bradbury or Ford and Bradbury in the same draft?! Crazy
I wouldn't pass on Risner, Dillard or Taylor. Odds are they're gone but you never know.

The board really couldn't have shaken out any better for the Vikings with 3 QBs and a ton of DL going before their pick. Bradbury seems like a Kubiak pick, with Patterson's surprise mention probably helping his cause.

WR and defensive secondary look fairly deep for round 2, I could see it being one of those positions.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Great pick. Exactly what the Vikes want, with Kubiak coming over. Hoping we see another good oline guy. Like maybe Taylor if we can entice someone with a few of our draft picks. Bradbury and Taylor would make such a difference to this team from day 1. The impact would be felt immediately. But for now I am very happy with this pick. Hopefully both BBury and O'neil can get some weight on to make Cook really happy.