Vikings 2019 Schedule (so far)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Vikings 2019 Schedule (so far)

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

#Vikings schedule leaks (we think) we know so far:

1 - ATL
2 - @ GB
3 -
4 - @ CHI
5 - @ NYG
6 -
7 - @ DET
8 - WAS (Thursday)
9 - @ KC
10 - @ DAL
11 - DEN
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 -
16 - GB (Monday)
17 - CHI
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings 2019 Schedule (so far)

Here’s our official 2019 schedule:

#Vikings 2019 Schedule:

1. ATL
2. at GB
3. OAK
4. at CHI
5. at NYG
6. PHI
7. at DET
8. WAS (TNF)
9. at KC
10. at DAL (SNF)
11. DEN
12. BYE
13. at SEA (MNF)
14. DET
15. at LAC (SNF)
16. GB (MNF)
17. CHI

Some tough road games in there. Drew quite a few prime time games. 5 of our last 9 games are prime time. Our early schedule is set up pretty nice though. We could start off very well. And out of the final 4 games, 3 are home and against divisional opponents. I like that!
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I think this is a pretty favorable schedule, no outdoor games in December is big. Hopefully they have a chance to contend for the NFC north title end of year where they get to play at home. Lambeau and Soldier Field in December is such a huge advantage.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

S197 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:24 pm I think this is a pretty favorable schedule, no outdoor games in December is big. Hopefully they have a chance to contend for the NFC north title end of year where they get to play at home. Lambeau and Soldier Field in December is such a huge advantage.
Agreed. It sucks that out of the 5 prime time games, 1 is at home. It’s almost like they are trying to set us up for failure given cousins track record in prime time. Let’s just prove them wrong!
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

S197 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:24 pm I think this is a pretty favorable schedule, no outdoor games in December is big. Hopefully they have a chance to contend for the NFC north title end of year where they get to play at home. Lambeau and Soldier Field in December is such a huge advantage.
Looks almost as bad/hard as last year to me. But I saw we dont have the cold games we usually do.

Too many prime time/big games. Zimmer, quite frankly, sucks at them.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:11 pm
Looks almost as bad/hard as last year to me. But I saw we dont have the cold games we usually do.

Too many prime time/big games. Zimmer, quite frankly, sucks at them.
I used to love the prime time games. Have learned to hate them the past few years for obvious reasons.
I'm excited about 1 this season. The week 8 Thursday night game hosting the Redskins. The game is on my birthday. I will taking that Friday off work. Hope to pull a double victory that day.
I will be in a treestand that morning and hope to procure some grain fed Ohio venison with a sharp stick and string and then a Viking Victory that night.
My bosses brother retired as the Skins starting center 2 seasons ago and is still good friends with Cousins. Last night when the games were announced he texted and said we could all watch the game at his brothers house, well it's a HOUSE, lol, but I don't know about sitting there with 2 Skins fans, 1 a retired Skin, if we r taking a beating. Gonna have to think about that one.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

Things I like:
- 3 of last 4 games at home
- 3 of last 4 games are division games
- Late season Bye Week
- Open the season at home
- @Seattle after the bye, time to get rested and adjust to the timezone for primetime

Things I dislike:
- 5 primetime games, this team is not good in primetime games
- @LAC on SNF, timezones out west are real killers

The NFL should not have teams play the NFC West and AFC West in the same season, and games played on the West Coast should not be primetime games. This will be a tough schedule, but not any more tough than it was prior to the schedule release. This season could be an 11 or 12 win season, but it could just as easily be a 6 or 7 win season. I believe it will all come down to the o-line. I'll put out a way too early win-loss prediction after the draft.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:30 pm
Agreed. It sucks that out of the 5 prime time games, 1 is at home. It’s almost like they are trying to set us up for failure given cousins track record in prime time. Let’s just prove them wrong!
I think two. Of them are at home.. Unless I am looking at it wrong?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleMustReign wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:58 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:30 pm

No you’re right. I kept reading people tweeting that so I automatically thought it. But now that I actually look at it, it’s 2 prime time at home and 3 away. I don’t know what I was looking at lol
-Chazz Palminteri
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:53 pm
PurpleMustReign wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:58 am

No you’re right. I kept reading people tweeting that so I automatically thought it. But now that I actually look at it, it’s 2 prime time at home and 3 away. I don’t know what I was looking at lol
Hey man, you weren't over at Roc Thomas's place when you looked at it and posted were ya :ganja:
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
MikethePurple
Veteran

Post by MikethePurple »

This will be the first time since the new stadium opened that a game will be in Minneapolis when I am in town visiting family around the holiday time. It's a Monday night Packers game, which would be fun in theory but from my understanding very difficult to get single game tickets for? Does anyone have any insight on whether they changed the process of requiring people to buy multiple tickets or including preseason games with a Packers game purchase? I just looked at Ticketmaster's website and even nose bleeds are $100 more expensive than the Bears game season closer one week later. Had no idea that they jacked up prices for Packers tickets that much :cry:
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

MikethePurple wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:24 pm This will be the first time since the new stadium opened that a game will be in Minneapolis when I am in town visiting family around the holiday time. It's a Monday night Packers game, which would be fun in theory but from my understanding very difficult to get single game tickets for? Does anyone have any insight on whether they changed the process of requiring people to buy multiple tickets or including preseason games with a Packers game purchase? I just looked at Ticketmaster's website and even nose bleeds are $100 more expensive than the Bears game season closer one week later. Had no idea that they jacked up prices for Packers tickets that much :cry:
Packers tickets are usually the most expensive due to the rivalry and also because their fans travel and are willing to pay.
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

I see 7 games I really doubt we can win. I don't see any reason for playoff hopes until this oline gets some big time improvement. I think we are weak at RB too
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:23 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:53 pm

Hey man, you weren't over at Roc Thomas's place when you looked at it and posted were ya :ganja:
:lol:
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Laserman wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:34 pm I see 7 games I really doubt we can win. I don't see any reason for playoff hopes until this oline gets some big time improvement. I think we are weak at RB too
That’s why there’s the draft....
-Chazz Palminteri