Roc Thomas busted

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Roc Thomas busted

Post by CharVike »

Felony pot charge. Hill was also there. We will be down Hughes and it's not looking good for Hill now.
by Adam Patrick 1 hour ago
It appears that Minnesota Vikings cornerback Holton Hill may also been present when Minnesota police conducted a search warrant at Roc Thomas’ residence in January.

We might not be able to trade or cut a CB now. Another one Skins are after Case K. That should get them to the Champ game.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Roc Thomas busted

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

CharVike wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:31 pm Felony pot charge. Hill was also there. We will be down Hughes and it's not looking good for Hill now.
It appears that Minnesota Vikings cornerback Holton Hill may also been present when Minnesota police conducted a search warrant at Roc Thomas’ residence in January.

We might not be able to trade or cut a CB now. Another one Skins are after Case K. That should get them to the Champ game.
Supposedly Hill was just there when the searched happened. Nothing along the lines that he was involved. And why are we down Hughes? He will be back by the time the season rolls around.

As for Case, yeah, he's already been traded to the Redskins.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:01 pm
CharVike wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:31 pm Felony pot charge. Hill was also there. We will be down Hughes and it's not looking good for Hill now.

Supposedly Hill was just there when the searched happened. Nothing along the lines that he was involved. And why are we down Hughes? He will be back by the time the season rolls around.

The problem is that Hill has had plenty of drug issues in the past. It's why he fell from a first- or second-round talent to undrafted. After an eye-popping freshman year at Texas, he was inexplicably benched for much of his sophomore year. Then, after bursting back onto the scene with great play as a junior, he was suddenly suspended for the season after 9 games. He has admitted to seeking treatment for marijuana use.

So if Hill is hanging with a doper, he's likely still a doper himself. If he keeps it up, it's likely only a matter of time before he's either busted on a drug test or busted by the cops like his buddy Reefer Roc.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

I don't think Hughes is back week 1. He could be but that would be an unbelievable comeback. And when I say back I'm talking back as in also playing like he was prior to ACL injury. He was hurt week 6 I think. So getting training camp in would indeed be a tall order. Time will tell. Yes Hill wasn't charged yet. Typically birds of a feather. Wait till Thomas starts chirping to save his own hide. I don't think it's over yet. Good for the Skins we have the loser and they have the winner of the two. Case took us to the champ game. Skins might make it to the show now. One more I think the Giants traded for an OL player. Maybe that's already known.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

CharVike wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:24 pm

I don't think Hughes is back week 1. He could be but that would be an unbelievable comeback. And when I say back I'm talking back as in also playing like he was prior to ACL injury. He was hurt week 6 I think. So getting training camp in would indeed be a tall order. Time will tell. Yes Hill wasn't charged yet. Typically birds of a feather. Wait till Thomas starts chirping to save his own hide. I don't think it's over yet. Good for the Skins we have the loser and they have the winner of the two. Case took us to the champ game. Skins might make it to the show now. One more I think the Giants traded for an OL player. Maybe that's already known.
I've torn my knee apart before. ACL recovery time is 6-9 months. 6 months would be April. 9 months would be July. The season doesnt start until September. Not sure how you dont think he would be ready.

Not even sure what you just said regarding the Keenum trade.

And yeah, the OL trade has also been noted. I put them in the FA thread.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:29 pm
CharVike wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:24 pm

I've torn my knee apart before. ACL recovery time is 6-9 months. 6 months would be April. 9 months would be July. The season doesnt start until September. Not sure how you dont think he would be ready.

Here is what Dr Andrews states.
On the defensive side of the ball, just published research by the Aune and the American Sports Medicine Institute, the injury research think tank started by Dr James Andrews, indicates that 72% of NFL defensive players return to play at least one game after an ACL injury. But behind that relatively optimistic stat, the news isn’t good for those players on the margins. Average NFL players that tore an ACL saw their performance drop to below average. In time, performance might very well return to normal, but since the NFL is a produce-now league, those players often never return to play or last only for a short period of time before getting cut or released.

So yes you came back which is good. Little different scenario with a pro athlete. And you can take the optimistic approach and state that he will be ready for camp and playing at the same level or even better week 1. I hope it works out that way. Based on history it's not a guaranteed thing. See S Floyd as an example.

Most feel Case was the reason we made the champ game. He was part of the team but many things fell into place for us to make that game including what people called a miracle to win a home playoff game. Case is a backup and that's it. Many felt Cousins held the Skins back well they have Case now. We'll see were they go. Will he lead them to the Champ game? My guess is no way. That pop gun arm won't carry them.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:16 pm

The problem is that Hill has had plenty of drug issues in the past. It's why he fell from a first- or second-round talent to undrafted. After an eye-popping freshman year at Texas, he was inexplicably benched for much of his sophomore year. Then, after bursting back onto the scene with great play as a junior, he was suddenly suspended for the season after 9 games. He has admitted to seeking treatment for marijuana use.

So if Hill is hanging with a doper, he's likely still a doper himself. If he keeps it up, it's likely only a matter of time before he's either busted on a drug test or busted by the cops like his buddy Reefer Roc.
You explained it much better than me. Dopers hang with dopers. Hill will be tested and he might have already failed. It takes time on how to spin it in a positive light. To me it seems more than just a happened to be there deal. That's just my take and will weed its
self out eventually. .
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

CharVike wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:37 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:29 pm

On the defensive side of the ball, just published research by the Aune and the American Sports Medicine Institute, the injury research think tank started by Dr James Andrews, indicates that 72% of NFL defensive players return to play at least one game after an ACL injury. But behind that relatively optimistic stat, the news isn’t good for those players on the margins. Average NFL players that tore an ACL saw their performance drop to below average. In time, performance might very well return to normal, but since the NFL is a produce-now league, those players often never return to play or last only for a short period of time before getting cut or released.

So yes you came back which is good. Little different scenario with a pro athlete. And you can take the optimistic approach and state that he will be ready for camp and playing at the same level or even better week 1. I hope it works out that way. Based on history it's not a guaranteed thing. See S Floyd as an example.

Most feel Case was the reason we made the champ game. He was part of the team but many things fell into place for us to make that game including what people called a miracle to win a home playoff game. Case is a backup and that's it. Many felt Cousins held the Skins back well they have Case now. We'll see were they go. Will he lead them to the Champ game? My guess is no way. That pop gun arm won't carry them.
Agreed on Cousins/Case.

However as for the ACL stuff, Floyd didn’t tear his ACL. It was nerve damage during surgery to repair a small tear. Look at Cook. The knee didn’t effect him at all this year. I’m not sure why you’re so worried about it. To be honest we really don’t know how good the guy was. He only played a few games. But I really don’t think there is a worry
-Chazz Palminteri
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:06 am
CharVike wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:37 am

Agreed on Cousins/Case.

However as for the ACL stuff, Floyd didn’t tear his ACL. It was nerve damage during surgery to repair a small tear. Look at Cook. The knee didn’t effect him at all this year. I’m not sure why you’re so worried about it. To be honest we really don’t know how good the guy was. He only played a few games. But I really don’t think there is a worry
My point with Floyd is that an injury can end a guys career. It wasn't an ACL I know that. Cook made a great comeback but that isn't always the case. Without looking this stuff up the Vikes selected a guy late I think it was Trip Welborn or something similar and he ever made it back to play. He was a very good college player and we picked him late because of injury which I thought at the time was a great pick. He never played. Hughes should be back. But will he be the same or worse or better. I don't know the answer but I would assume it's a concern. Some think it's a no brainier deal that he'll be back as before for game 1. I'm not that confident.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

CharVike wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:08 pm

Agreed on Cousins/Case.

My point with Floyd is that an injury can end a guys career. It wasn't an ACL I know that. Cook made a great comeback but that isn't always the case. Without looking this stuff up the Vikes selected a guy late I think it was Trip Welborn or something similar and he ever made it back to play. He was a very good college player and we picked him late because of injury which I thought at the time was a great pick. He never played. Hughes should be back. But will he be the same or worse or better. I don't know the answer but I would assume it's a concern. Some think it's a no brainier deal that he'll be back as before for game 1. I'm not that confident.
I have no idea who you’re talking about. And I don’t understand why you don’t think he’ll be back. Week 1 is 11 MONTHS removed from an ACL surgery. It does not take anyone that long to come back sorry
-Chazz Palminteri
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Agreed on Cousins/Case.

It's certainly a risk but modern medicine helps mitigate that to some degree. I can't really think offhand of a Viking in recent history who didn't come back from an ACL injury that looked noticeably worse (I mean starters). On the other hand Cook, Adrian Peterson, etc., came back just fine. Even a guy like Chad Greenway, who had multiple tears, came back and had a good career.

He may not be 100% by week 1 but hopefully sometime next year he's back to his former athleticism.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

S197 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:36 pm

It's certainly a risk but modern medicine helps mitigate that to some degree. I can't really think offhand of a Viking in recent history who didn't come back from an ACL injury that looked noticeably worse (I mean starters). On the other hand Cook, Adrian Peterson, etc., came back just fine. Even a guy like Chad Greenway, who had multiple tears, came back and had a good career.

He may not be 100% by week 1 but hopefully sometime next year he's back to his former athleticism.
You explained it much better than me. Yes he should be back there is little doubt about that but it's still a concern. Not all ACL injuries are the same and not all guys rehab the same. AP is a cut above the average NFL player. I'm sure he is dedicated beyond belief.