2019 Season General Thread (News, Notes, Interviews, etc)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Vikings In-House Free Agents and Cut/Trade Tracker

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Might as well have a thread for our in-house guys with free agency getting close. I will keep the original post updated as we make moves.

2019 Free Agents

LB- Anthony Barr- RE-SIGNED- 5 year deal, $67.5 million

DT- Sheldon Richardson- Signed with Cleveland- 3 year deal, $36 million

S- Anthony Harris- Received 2nd round tender- 1 year, $3.095 million

RB- Latavius Murray- Signed with New Orleans- 4 year, $14.4 million

DT- Tom Johnson- unsigned

G- Nick Easton- Signed with New Orleans- 4 year, $24 million

S- George Iloka- Signed with Dallas- 1 year deal

C- Brett Jones- RE-SIGNED- 1 year deal

K- Dan Bailey- RE-SIGNED- 1 year deal, $1 million

KR/PR- Marcus Sherels- Signed with New Orleans- 1 year deal

G- Tom Compton- unsigned

WR- Aldrick Robinson- unsigned

QB- Trevor Siemian- Signed with New York Jets- 1 year deal

OT- Rashod Hill- Original Round Tender- 1 year, $2.025 million

FB- CJ Ham- Re-signed- 1 year, $645,000

P- Matt Wile- Re-signed- 1 year, $645,000

RB- Ameer Abdullah- RE-SIGNED- 1 year deal, $810,000

TE- Cedrick Lang- unsigned

TE- Josiah Price- unsigned

OG- Mike Remmers- Cut

SS- Andrew Sendejo- Cut

DE Everson Griffen- Restructured Contract- Gave us a little over $4 million back in cap space

DT- Shamar Stephen- SIGNED- 3 year- $12.45 million
RG- Josh Kline- SIGNED- 3 year- $15.75 million
Last edited by Pondering Her Percy on Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:42 am, edited 9 times in total.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings In-House Free Agents and Cut/Trade Tracker

Vikings re-signed FB C.J. Ham to a one-year, $645,000 contract.
Ham was an exclusive rights free agent, so his only options were to sign the deal or walk away from football. He will be a restricted free agent next offseason. A 2016 UDFA, Ham played 139 snaps last season, which was tied for ninth amongst fullbacks.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Vikings re-signed P Matt Wile to a one-year, $645,000 contract.
Claimed off waivers from the Steelers before Week 1, Wile's net punting average of 41.5 was good for 10th in the league. He turns 27 in June.
-Chazz Palminteri
Dakotavike
Starter

Post by Dakotavike »

Thanks for posting this PHP! I don't post much but come here often. I know you get in some dust ups with other members on this forum. And while I don't always (but often times do) agree with you I appreciate your passion, knowledge and well thought out posts. Many thanks!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Dakotavike wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:19 pm Thanks for posting this PHP! I don't post much but come here often. I know you get in some dust ups with other members on this forum. And while I don't always (but often times do) agree with you I appreciate your passion, knowledge and well thought out posts. Many thanks!
Thanks brother I appreciate it!! :beerock:
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Any rumors about some of the unsigned players like Sherels?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:33 am Any rumors about some of the unsigned players like Sherels or Harris?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

I hope Murray is resigned. The rest? Who on that list was a difference maker? Richardson. Yes he contributed but was he worth the CAP. No he'll want more which to me would be a bad move on our part. He will shut it down once the deal is signed. Sherels? Yes he's a fine punt returner and it would be nice to have him back which I think he will be.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleMustReign wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:33 am Any rumors about some of the unsigned players like Sherels?
No I check every day non-stop lol. Nobody has been mentioned other than Ham and Wile. Griffen trade rumors are heating up a bit but I'm not sure how true they are. I have the Bleacher Report app on my phone and after you select your favorite team on there, they stream all the Twitter feeds that are strictly talking about the Vikings (mostly reliable sources too). Everything seems to hit Twitter first when it comes to guys like Schefter, Rappoport, etc so that's why I like using that app because I dont see any other garbage except Vikings reports lol. I'll keep you guys posted and be the "Schefter" of the board during this time if it makes it easier :lol: I'll put anything that happens or that is relevant in this thread.
Last edited by Pondering Her Percy on Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

CharVike wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:13 am I hope Murray is resigned. The rest? Who on that list was a difference maker? Richardson. Yes he contributed but was he worth the CAP. No he'll want more which to me would be a bad move on our part. He will shut it down once the deal is signed. Sherels? Yes he's a fine punt returner and it would be nice to have him back which I think he will be.
Murray isnt coming back. He can be a starter for a team that has a rookie waiting in the wings. I think Richardson, Harris and Sherels should be number 1 priority unless they truly feel they will land a good DT in the draft. And I wouldnt mind getting Brett Jones back as depth. I'm sure they will definitely re-sign Sherels. He's been with us a long time now and is still very effective on ST
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

It is weird to see two Vikings on the top 10 FAs list. NFL.com had Barr at 6 and Richardson at 9.

FAs the Vikings should look at before Barr or Richardson

Golden Tate
Roger Saffold
CJ Mosely
Henry Anderson (assuming Griffen is cut)
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Also, Jamie Collins, recently cut by the Browns, might be a good cheap replacement for Barr. Certainly an upgrade over everyone currently signed outside of Kendricks.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala reports RG Kevin Zeitler's "name has been thrown around some" as someone the Browns may try to trade.

At $12 million per year, Zeitler is the league's third-highest paid guard behind Zack Martin and Andrew Norwell. The old regime in Cleveland handed Zeitler that contract, and Kinkhabwala adds current GM John Dorsey drafted Austin Corbett to be an interior lineman for this team. Cutting Zeitler would clear just $1.7 million in cap space and leave behind $10.7 million in dead money, but the Browns would save $6.5 million in real cash. The Browns are already flush with cap space. They'd likely only consider moving him if a team wants to trade them a pick. Zeitler turns 29 in three days and was Pro Football Focus' top pass-blocking guard last season.
Now this is a REAL interesting one. I would have no problem cutting Reiff and Remmers to save $11 million and trade for Zeitler. We can then draft a tackle to pair with O'Neill and maybe find a guard as well. Even if we signed an okay guard in like the 4th round. I had us signing Zeitler a few years ago in my mock offseason. He's an ELITE pass blocker
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:27 am It is weird to see two Vikings on the top 10 FAs list. NFL.com had Barr at 6 and Richardson at 9.

Golden Tate
Roger Saffold
CJ Mosely
I dont think we will just cut Griffen outright. I think they would find a trade partner before they just cut him
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:27 am It is weird to see two Vikings on the top 10 FAs list. NFL.com had Barr at 6 and Richardson at 9.

Golden Tate
Roger Saffold
CJ Mosely
Mosely is going to command monster money. Tate...eh. Saffold definitely. I like the thought of Anderson too
-Chazz Palminteri