Super Bowl Sqaures

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Super Bowl Sqaures

Post by akvikingsfan »

Choosing to participate in this game is at your own risk. This is a private transaction between yourself and me. In no way are VikingsMessageBoard.com nor Cliff involved.

The Super Bowl is quickly approaching. While this season may be unexciting due to New England making it for the third year in a row, and the Rams making it due to a poor call, it can be more exciting when you can win some money. Many people are familiar with the office Super Bowl squares game. I thought it would be fun to start one for the message board. For those who are unfamiliar with the squares game I have full details below. For those who are familiar and are interested skip to the How to Pick section and read on from there. As squares are selected I will update the chart found here. Note: I am the only one who can edit, in order to prevent others from changing squares and to ensure names are only placed on squares which are paid for.

How to Play
Step 1: Start off with an empty 10 by 10 grid. This will give you 100 Squares for people to choose from. The x-axis is labeled with Rams and the y-axis is labeled with Patriots.

Step 2: Sell squares. For this game, each square will cost $2. Each person can buy a maximum of 10 squares (may be upped if there are still a lot of empty squares come Friday February 1, 2018 at 9:00pm CST).

Step 3: Once all squares are sold, or 30 minutes prior to kick off (whichever comes first), I will randomly draw numbers 0-9 for the A-J boxes and K-T boxes. These numbers will indicate how you win. There will be new numbers drawn for each quarter.

Step 4: A winner will be determined at the end of the 1st quarter, 2nd quarter, 3rd quarter, and Final Game score. The winner is determined by looking at the last number in each teams' score, and then matching those numbers on the grid and seeing which square intersects those two numbers.

Example: At the end of the first quarter, the score is Rams 14, Patriots 11. The winner would be the owner of the box of Rams 4 - Patriots 1 (in this case it is indicated in blue). At the end of the second quarter the score is Rams 20 Patriots 16. The winner would then be the owner of the box located at Rams 0 - Patriots 6 (in this example it is highlighted in purple). For the third quarter, the score is Rams 25 Patriots 16. The winner is the owner of the box located at Rams 5 Patriots 6 (in this case, the yellow box). At the end of the game, the score is now Rams 33 Patriots 31. So the winner of would be the owner of the Rams 3 Patriots 1 box (as shown in red).

Note: For this game, there will be new numbers for each quarter. This gives more combinations and prevents someone from winning two quarters in a row with the same box if theres a scoreless quarter. All numbers will be selected 30 minutes before kickoff or once all squares are sold. The number arrangement shown here is just an example and it will not match what the actual board ends up looking like.

How to Pick
To make your pick you will send me the call signal for the box that you want. It will be a two letter combination for the box that you want. The first letter will be the letter under Rams, the second letter will be the Patriots letter. For instance, if you want to buy the box indicated in blue, you would tell me that you want to buy box EN. If you want the green box it would be HS. Upon receiving you selections (you can buy up to 10 boxes) I will add them to the chart and notify that I have added them. You will then have 24 hours to pay for the boxes. If you do not pay within 24 hours, your boxes will be relinquished. Your selections should be made in this thread for 2 reasons. 1) It tells others which boxes have been picked; 2) It creates a record of who picked which boxes so there can be no acquisitions of foul play. In this thread, I will post what numbers correspond to which letters. Also, everyone will be able to view the chart.

No selections or payments will be accepted until a Mod states that this is acceptable for the board.

How to Pay
Once I have placed your picks on the chart, I will send you a PM with my venmo account and how much you owe in total. You will have 24 hours from the time I send this PM to send the funds to me, if funds are not sent, the squares will be relinquished.

Payout
All payouts for winners will occur on February 4th. I will post the winners of each quarter in this thread in the morning. The winner must send me a PM with their venmo account for me to pay them. If a square that was not bought wins, the funds will be donated to The Vikings Foundation.

If you have any questions please ask! No selections or payments will be accepted until a Mod states that this is acceptable for the board. Mods, if this is not allowed please delete the thread. I didn't see anything in the rules that disallows this, however, I understand if it is not wanted.
Last edited by akvikingsfan on Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cliff
Site Admin

Re: Super Bowl Sqaures

Post by Cliff »

It seems like fun! Let me give this a little research and thought. Whatever happens we'll need to make sure that it's obvious nothing about this is happening on behalf of the message board. Everyone is dealing directly with you, etc., etc. The message board is technically owned and operated by me so I just need to make sure there aren't any weird legal issues I need to be aware of.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

You can continue here but everyone is playing this at their own risk and through you personally. Please edit your original post to reflect that.
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

Original post edited. However, if there is a lack of interest shown by tomorrow evening, I will cancel. No funds will be requested, or accepted, until at least 25 squares are spoken for. If this number is not met by 5pm CST tomorrow, January 30th, I will cancel the game.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

This and the scratch off (similar concept) is popular at most bars in my area.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I'll take KA, LB, MC, ND, and OE.