Vikings keeping Stefanski as Offensive Coordinator

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Vikings keeping Stefanski as Offensive Coordinator

Post by Mothman »

VikingPaul73 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:44 amBut would he have full control? Or would he have Zim micromanaging and then running him out of town if he wouldn’t comply ?
I assume he'd have full control until Zimmer started passive aggressively making comments about the need to run the ball more (or something similar) in the press, then fired him, thus shifting sufficient responsibility for the team's struggles onto a coordinator/scapegoat. :evil:

But I'm just pulling that out of a hat...
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

Mothman wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:51 am
VikingPaul73 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:44 amBut would he have full control? Or would he have Zim micromanaging and then running him out of town if he wouldn’t comply ?
I assume he'd have full control until Zimmer started passive aggressively making comments about the need to run the ball more (or something similar) in the press, then fired him, thus shifting sufficient responsibility for the team's struggles onto a coordinator/scapegoat. :evil:

We could sit here and make up crazy scenarios all day, but let's just stick to the facts. :wink:
Damian
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Dames wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:49 am

We could sit here and make up crazy scenarios all day, but let's just stick to the facts. :wink:
:rofl:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

We all know that isn't where you pulled that from, Jim.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

VikingPaul73 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:44 am
S197 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:36 pm

Having near full control with a rather talented personnel seems to mitigate the lame duck situation to me. Someone hungry and confident enough should be chomping at the bit for this type of opportunity.
But would he have full control? Or would he have Zim micromanaging and then running him out of town if he wouldn’t comply ?
What evidence is there to support this? Seems like the OC's here have a lot of leeway.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

I think they already have his replacement in place with Kubiak.