Vikings looking to retain Priefer

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Vikings looking to retain Priefer

Post by PurpleMustReign »

He gone.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

To be a little more specific:
Ben Goessling
@GoesslingStrib
From @markcraignfl and me: Mike Priefer will not be returning as the Vikings’ special teams coordinator in 2019.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Mothman wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:41 pm To be a little more specific:
Ben Goessling
@GoesslingStrib
From @markcraignfl and me: Mike Priefer will not be returning as the Vikings’ special teams coordinator in 2019.
Good. Should have happened years ago.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

The plot thickens:
@TomPelissero
Mike Priefer tells me he has agreed to join the #Browns as special teams coordinator. The #Vikings offered him a contract. #Lions and #Falcons also interviewed him and several other teams showed interest, but he’s headed to Cleveland and excited.
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

Mothman wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:06 pm The plot thickens:
@TomPelissero
Mike Priefer tells me he has agreed to join the #Browns as special teams coordinator. The #Vikings offered him a contract. #Lions and #Falcons also interviewed him and several other teams showed interest, but he’s headed to Cleveland and excited.
Was just about to post this. It seems he left on his own. Interesting.
Damian
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Dames wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:14 pm
Mothman wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:06 pm The plot thickens:
It is interesting, His contract was up and it sounds like he received a fair amount of interest. I was wondering why he chose the Browns but I just learned he was born in Cleveland. I'm not sure if he grew up there or not but ESPN's Courtney Cronin has reported that he has ties to the area. Maybe he grew up a Browns fan?

I wonder who the Vikes will consider as a replacement.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:20 pm
Dames wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:14 pm
It is interesting, His contract was up and it sounds like he received a fair amount of interest. I was wondering why he chose the Browns but I just learned he was born in Cleveland. I'm not sure if he grew up there or not but ESPN's Courtney Cronin has reported that he has ties to the area. Maybe he grew up a Browns fan?

I wonder who the Vikes will consider as a replacement.
I wonder if Zimmer and spielman not being under contract past next season had anything to do with it?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:09 pmI wonder if Zimmer and spielman not being under contract past next season had anything to do with it?
It's certainly possible. Mike Priefer may have felt he'd have more security elsewhere (although considering how much coaching turnover the browns have, that may not have been a factor!).
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Mothman wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:43 pm
PurpleMustReign wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:09 pmI wonder if Zimmer and spielman not being under contract past next season had anything to do with it?
It's certainly possible. Mike Priefer may have felt he'd have more security elsewhere (although considering how much coaching turnover the browns have, that may not have been a factor!).
Yeah, I hope its not the worst case. Zimmer even backed him, and he still wants to leave. I dont like the Wilfs, because they lack football knowledge, even owner knowledge after all this time. And Ive said what I think about Speilman and 90% of what he does.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I read he wanted a “fresh start”. It’s not like he has a great history here. I wouldn’t look too much into it. I’m guessing we may have low balled him on a contract too but who knows. Either way I’m glad he’s gone
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I'll refrain from making any real comment on the man himself. From what I've read he seems to have questionable character but I obviously don't know him and much of it was "he said she said".

I think he's had good coverage units over the years and we've gone back and forth about whether or not he was influencing the kicking game in a negative way or not. I guess we'll find out. I hope they bring in somebody that has a proven track record growing a young kicker.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Cliff wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:46 pm I'll refrain from making any real comment on the man himself. From what I've read he seems to have questionable character but I obviously don't know him and much of it was "he said she said".

Did you just assume Kluwes gender? :shock:
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Priefer is a Cleveland native, born and bred there. That's the tie-in, and the big reason he's leaving. The Vikings offered him, and he had two other interviews. But he's going home.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Hallelujah! And this is why the Browns will always be the browns...
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

S197 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:37 pm Hallelujah! And this is why the Browns will always be the browns...
:lol:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri