Is Kirk Cousins the leader you want?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Is Kirk Cousins the leader you want?

Post by PurpleMustReign »

StumpHunter wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:43 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:20 pm

Maybe they don’t think he’s the “entire problem” but that’s the name they are pasting all over the board. No OL isn’t the most talked about. No the coach isn’t the most talked about, so on and so on. Cousins takes the heat. Period. Nobody is gonna physically say cousins is the only problem but that’s what many are portraying.

Come on man, Oline is by far the most talked about, and it should be. It is the only part we might fix this off season. Sure if you only read this thread you would think most people put 100% blame on the guy(since it is a thread about the QB), but most threads are talking about something the team could actually do something about.

Whether Cousins is the biggest reason we only won 8 games, or it is the offensive line is debatable. That Cousins was a big part of the problem isn't. He was bad in big games and we have no reason to believe that will change with a better offensive line. I know the schedule was tough, and we played a lot of playoff teams this season, but last I checked, you have to beat playoff teams to advance and win the SB.

IDC what he’s getting paid. That doesn’t matter to me. You’re hung on it. If he was getting paid 64 instead does that mean we can finally put the blame on more than him? And he get so much crap because he was brought in to “win in the short term”? Not one QB just “comes in to win it” early in the off-season. And if our fans or someone else believes he was doing it in one year, you shouldn’t be involved in sports
You should care, and you did before he proved he wasn't worth the contract. Cap space is an incredibly valuable asset to a team, and he is taking up more than a 1/10th of that cap space.
And he get so much crap because he was brought in to “win in the short term”? Not one QB just “comes in to win it” early in the off-season. And if our fans or someone else believes he was doing it in one year, you shouldn’t be involved in sports
On a 3 year deal, back loaded, to go along with all the other back loaded contracts they handed out last year so they could have room for guys like Richardson this year, this was the season to win it all. I could swear you argued at some point earlier this season that the Vikings couldn't risk this SB caliber team on an unknown, but I must be wrong, because now anyone who thinks an "upgrade" at QB on a team that was 13-3 and in the NFC Championship game should result in that team at least competing for a SB, doesn't know sports.
The only post he's commented in since his honeymoon is the cousins one, and then he says that everyone is blaming Cousins. What does that tell you?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
The negotiator
Backup

Post by The negotiator »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:04 pm
V Vette wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:16 am Please ignore that post as you are correct.. Also, Casey did not have Davin Cook (both running backs only had 750 rush yds total last year!)... Cousins is a back up QB at best... team poison too....
Who ARE you?
Amen Kapp. I know everyone has a right to their opinion, but his views are so poisoned they just take up space.
I want to tell you how much I enjoyed your posts this year.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

The negotiator wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:48 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:04 pm
Who ARE you?
Amen Kapp. I know everyone has a right to their opinion, but his views are so poisoned they just take up space.
I want to tell you how much I enjoyed your posts this year.
The posts are like a teenager on his first LSD trip.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

StumpHunter wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:46 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:18 pm Anyone else see what a bad pass blocking OL looks like....mobile QB or not.
You mean that mobile QB who's team won their division and is at least playing in a playoff game despite a worse line than ours?
Pretty sure the Seahawks didn’t win their division but ok...
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:18 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:18 pm Anyone else see what a bad pass blocking OL looks like....mobile QB or not.
I saw what Case could do with a horrific Oline. Also saw a guy named Favre do pretty well, even with an entire foot bruised. But then he pulled a Cousins and threw an INT. His last pass as a Vike was an int (i Think). I wonder what Cousins last pass as a Vike will look like?
I don’t get how this is relevant in any way? But no, you saw what case could do in a pat shurmur system. Then you saw (I hope), what case has done in every other system he’s ever been in....fail. But we’re backing him on ONE good year and 6 that were 10 times worse than anything Kirk cousins ever did. Weird
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleMustReign wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:42 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:43 pm

Come on man, Oline is by far the most talked about, and it should be. It is the only part we might fix this off season. Sure if you only read this thread you would think most people put 100% blame on the guy(since it is a thread about the QB), but most threads are talking about something the team could actually do something about.

Whether Cousins is the biggest reason we only won 8 games, or it is the offensive line is debatable. That Cousins was a big part of the problem isn't. He was bad in big games and we have no reason to believe that will change with a better offensive line. I know the schedule was tough, and we played a lot of playoff teams this season, but last I checked, you have to beat playoff teams to advance and win the SB.

You should care, and you did before he proved he wasn't worth the contract. Cap space is an incredibly valuable asset to a team, and he is taking up more than a 1/10th of that cap space.

On a 3 year deal, back loaded, to go along with all the other back loaded contracts they handed out last year so they could have room for guys like Richardson this year, this was the season to win it all. I could swear you argued at some point earlier this season that the Vikings couldn't risk this SB caliber team on an unknown, but I must be wrong, because now anyone who thinks an "upgrade" at QB on a team that was 13-3 and in the NFC Championship game should result in that team at least competing for a SB, doesn't know sports.
The only post he's commented in since his honeymoon is the cousins one, and then he says that everyone is blaming Cousins. What does that tell you?
Lol pretty sure I’ve been on here long enough to know how you, PK and StumpHunter act when it comes to cousins. You act like this is something new. I’ve barely been on, yeah I just got married and I’m in Jamaica. This was the first thread up so I looked at it. You 3 have complained about cousins for how long now? Nor did I say “everyone” is blaming cousins. There are just specific fans that blatantly ignore other problems and blame cousins instead.

And just because I commented on the cousins thread that’s suppose to tell guys on here something? Name me a thread where cousins talk doesn’t get brought up? It doesn’t matter what thread I click on. Because you guys flood the board with it. And the chat as well. The thread could be about long snapping and Kirk cousins somehow will get brought up in it. Same sh** different day
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:03 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:46 pm
You mean that mobile QB who's team won their division and is at least playing in a playoff game despite a worse line than ours?
Pretty sure the Seahawks didn’t win their division but ok...
Was talking about Houston. Seattle actually made their game competitive.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

I think the discussion about how often people discuss Cousins or to what degree they blame him has run it's course. Everybody involved (and you know who you are), please move on or take it to PM. It's barely even about football at this point.

Cousins is the team's QB and a legitimate topic for discussion but let's keep that discussion about the team and football, not griping about other members.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

I am curious what the minimum Cousins could do next year and the year after that would make people want to bring him back in 2022. I have a feeling that people are going to lower the bar for him after this season, and a first round playoff loss next year will mean success to some.

For me, he needs to at least match Keenum's success and show no signs of his age. In a world of Drew Brees's and Tom Brady's, it is important to remember a lot of QBs lose it in their early 30's. Especially QBs who never had it in the first place. Passing stats will factor in for me, but for the most part, I will want him to show he can win big games consistently, since he will need to win at least 3 in a row at some point to win it all.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:18 pm
PurpleMustReign wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:42 pm

Lol pretty sure I’ve been on here long enough to know how you, PK and StumpHunter act when it comes to cousins. You act like this is something new. I’ve barely been on, yeah I just got married and I’m in Jamaica. This was the first thread up so I looked at it. You 3 have complained about cousins for how long now? Nor did I say “everyone” is blaming cousins. There are just specific fans that blatantly ignore other problems and blame cousins instead.

And just because I commented on the cousins thread that’s suppose to tell guys on here something? Name me a thread where cousins talk doesn’t get brought up? It doesn’t matter what thread I click on. Because you guys flood the board with it. And the chat as well. The thread could be about long snapping and Kirk cousins somehow will get brought up in it. Same sh** different day
You are certainly right about the same sh!t, different day. First time i've agreed with what you said in, well, ever maybe. See I can take cheap shots at low end talent evaluators too.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Mothman wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:45 am I think the discussion about how often people discuss Cousins or to what degree they blame him has run it's course. Everybody involved (and you know who you are), please move on or take it to PM. It's barely even about football at this point.

Cousins is the team's QB and a legitimate topic for discussion but let's keep that discussion about the team and football, not griping about other members.
Why? Do you read his posts? Why can he say anything he wants, naming people he deems unworthy, yet someone cant point out his obsession with Cousins?
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:52 am I am curious what the minimum Cousins could do next year and the year after that would make people want to bring him back in 2022. I have a feeling that people are going to lower the bar for him after this season, and a first round playoff loss next year will mean success to some.

For me, he needs to at least match Keenum's success and show no signs of his age. In a world of Drew Brees's and Tom Brady's, it is important to remember a lot of QBs lose it in their early 30's. Especially QBs who never had it in the first place. Passing stats will factor in for me, but for the most part, I will want him to show he can win big games consistently, since he will need to win at least 3 in a row at some point to win it all.
He will never match Case's stay here. Even if Rick fixes the oline, people have to remember the Oline was the same pile of crap when Case was here, that it was when Cousins made his attempt to play well in MN. Any Qb can play well if there is a good Oline. Case was a winner and a fan favorite. Cousins is the opposite. Other then 2 people that forever make excuses for his poor play, I think most on the board agree.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:55 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:18 pm

You are certainly right about the same sh!t, different day. First time i've agreed with what you said in, well, ever maybe. See I can take cheap shots at low end talent evaluators too.
Everyone on here is a low end talent evaluator...
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:01 am
PurpleKoolaid wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:55 am

Everyone on here is a low end talent evaluator...
Not me!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:57 am
Mothman wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:45 am I think the discussion about how often people discuss Cousins or to what degree they blame him has run it's course. Everybody involved (and you know who you are), please move on or take it to PM. It's barely even about football at this point.

Why? Do you read his posts? Why can he say anything he wants, naming people he deems unworthy, yet someone cant point out his obsession with Cousins?
Why do you think I made the post above? The personalized bickering and whining is toxic, regardless of who it's coming from.

I think this thread has smashed into the rocks along the shore. I'm locking it.