Well, No Vikings in playoffs, so who you think now? Who advances to Super Bowl?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

GermanViking29
Rookie

Well, No Vikings in playoffs, so who you think now? Who advances to Super Bowl?

Post by GermanViking29 »

I think Pats vs Colts
And Bears vs Seahawks.
Patriots over Seahawks
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Well, No Vikings in playoffs, so who you think now? Who advances to Super Bowl?

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I still think LA vs LA. That's what Goodell wants because of his inane belief that large market= more money.

With all the seemingly scripted storyline of this season and the fact that ratings are down and national anthem crap, this is what he wants.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Well, No Vikings in playoffs, so who you think now? Who advances to Super Bowl?

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

Personally if an AFC team has to win the SB I want it to be the Texans. NFC I hope its Rams . NFC wise I absolutely hate these teams in this order 1. Saints 1b. Cowgirls 1c. Seachickens. I really wish Brees played didn't play for N.O. because I respect the man so much, and I really hate to root against him. But I detest N.O. more than any team in the league because of the 08-09 Championship game.
I know that Favre blew it at end of the game by throwing the Int across his body when he could have ran the ball, but without the absolute horrible and blatant multiple bad calls against us by Morelli and his crew, we should not have been in the position to have lost anyhow.
I know some may not agree and feel we blew the game ourselves, but I remember vividly the amount of horrible calls , not to mention the whole Greg William's led Bountygate maiming of Favre, that I will go to my grave knowing that we were the victims of the NFL wanting the Saints in the SB. I dont feel any disdain for the Falcons in 98 because we DID blow that game. We lost that game fair and square.
Now the Cowboys... again.. referees.. the Hail Mary.. Pearson pushing Wright down and no flag... causing this now old fan to be a young boy who yelled out the very first F bomb in the presence of his wonderful mom and dad.. sidenote: dad wasn't upset cuz he was feeling the same pain.. let's just say I've hated the Cowboys ever since.
Seattle.. just don't like them at all.
Would like to see Texans win it cuz I just really like alot of their players and really like Bill O'Brian alot.
Now I sound like a bitter man. But if ya knew me personally you would know I would give ya my last dime and the shirt off my back if you needed it. But one thing I can't stand is when a game is decided on blatant bad officiating. Someday I will get counseling haha.. but until then Screw the Saints and Cowboys.
Thanks for listening. I'm done now.
I have Smoky Applewood rubbed venison backstraps about ready to go on the grill, so time to stop the negative memories and hope for a better season next year.
I will finish this on a positive note. I would like to wish all the members here a Great new year and wish all of you the best. I really enjoy it here with other Vikes fans.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
GermanViking29
Rookie

Post by GermanViking29 »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:05 pm I still think LA vs LA. That's what Goodell wants because of his inane belief that large market= more money.

With all the seemingly scripted storyline of this season and the fact that ratings are down and national anthem crap, this is what he wants.
You need to think more globally. LA is a major market.Goodell is just a figurehead and does what the owners tell him.
LA is selling out every lakers home game with Lebron and hosted 7 world series games with Dodgers ,these last two years.
The league doesn't want a conference championship being played at crappy coliseum. They'll get closer to super bowl when new stadium is built. Making playoffs two years in a row as soon as they got here is good enough, for now.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

The Colts are certainly a hot team. I could see them going all the way to the Super Bowl, although they have a tough road ahead.

I think either the Saints or Bears will come out of the NFC.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:07 pm Personally if an AFC team has to win the SB I want it to be the Texans. NFC I hope its Rams . NFC wise I absolutely hate these teams in this order 1. Saints 1b. Cowgirls 1c. Seachickens. I really wish Brees played didn't play for N.O. because I respect the man so much, and I really hate to root against him. But I detest N.O. more than any team in the league because of the 08-09 Championship game.
I know that Favre blew it at end of the game by throwing the Int across his body when he could have ran the ball, but without the absolute horrible and blatant multiple bad calls against us by Morelli and his crew, we should not have been in the position to have lost anyhow.
I know some may not agree and feel we blew the game ourselves, but I remember vividly the amount of horrible calls , not to mention the whole Greg William's led Bountygate maiming of Favre, that I will go to my grave knowing that we were the victims of the NFL wanting the Saints in the SB.
I'm definitely among the fans who think the Vikings blew that game. I don't believe the NFL engineered a Saints win. The Vikings turned the ball over 5 or 6 times in that game and that's almost never winning football.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

I know some may not agree and feel we blew the game ourselves, but I remember vividly the amount of horrible calls , not to mention the whole Greg William's led Bountygate maiming of Favre, that I will go to my grave knowing that we were the victims of the NFL wanting the Saints in the SB.[/quote]

I'm definitely among the fans who think the Vikings blew that game. I don't believe the NFL engineered a Saints win. The Vikings turned the ball over 5 or 6 times in that game and that's almost never winning football.
[/quote]
I respect your post and insight here so much. Let me reiterate a bit. I don't mean to imply the NFL offices instructed the officiating crew to fix the game per se. But there are instances that I myself , believe that the league, shall we say, would prefer a team to win. Talk to any old Seahawks fan, go back and watch Holgrem's speech to the fans, after their SB loss to the Steelers. It just seemed obvious that the Steelers were getting the more favorable calls .
The Saints were the feel good story that season because of the awful devastation of Katrina. Yes we had turnovers and made some mistakes, there were no doubt so many controversial calls , no calls , ball spots etc that helped keep Saints drives alive etc that truly impacted the game.
I've heard Ben Leber talk post career about the PI call on him that negated a 3rd down stop at the end of the game that resulted in score by the Saints, instead of a punt. The receiver tripped and Leber was at least 3 yrds behind him.
I guess the validation for my belief was confirmed when I was watching the NFL Network once, and they were talking about that game, and Rich Eisen referred to it as "The Game of the Ghost Calls against Minnesota "
So Mothman this will just be one of those times where we each see it a different way. No hard feelings my friend. Like I said , I love your posts, your insights and the wisdom you bring to the board.
We just feel differently about this one.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:59 am I respect your post and insight here so much. Let me reiterate a bit. I don't mean to imply the NFL offices instructed the officiating crew to fix the game per se. But there are instances that I myself , believe that the league, shall we say, would prefer a team to win. Talk to any old Seahawks fan, go back and watch Holgrem's speech to the fans, after their SB loss to the Steelers. It just seemed obvious that the Steelers were getting the more favorable calls .
The Saints were the feel good story that season because of the awful devastation of Katrina. Yes we had turnovers and made some mistakes, there were no doubt so many controversial calls , no calls , ball spots etc that helped keep Saints drives alive etc that truly impacted the game.
I've heard Ben Leber talk post career about the PI call on him that negated a 3rd down stop at the end of the game that resulted in score by the Saints, instead of a punt. The receiver tripped and Leber was at least 3 yrds behind him.
I guess the validation for my belief was confirmed when I was watching the NFL Network once, and they were talking about that game, and Rich Eisen referred to it as "The Game of the Ghost Calls against Minnesota "
So Mothman this will just be one of those times where we each see it a different way. No hard feelings my friend. Like I said , I love your posts, your insights and the wisdom you bring to the board.
Thanks for the kind words. Most Vikes fans see that one differently than I do. I'm just rarely inclined to blame a loss on bad officiating, especially a loss in which a team makes as many mistakes as the Vikes did.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

I'm not sure if you can totally count Dallas out of the NFC playoffs. They have been pretty much staying out of sight and winning the right games. They could be jelling.
Colts looking good on the AFC side , But dont count Brady and the Pats out.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Mothman wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:17 am
Bowhunting Viking wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:59 am I respect your post and insight here so much. Let me reiterate a bit. I don't mean to imply the NFL offices instructed the officiating crew to fix the game per se. But there are instances that I myself , believe that the league, shall we say, would prefer a team to win. Talk to any old Seahawks fan, go back and watch Holgrem's speech to the fans, after their SB loss to the Steelers. It just seemed obvious that the Steelers were getting the more favorable calls .
Thanks for the kind words. Most Vikes fans see that one differently than I do. I'm just rarely inclined to blame a loss on bad officiating, especially a loss in which a team makes as many mistakes as the Vikes did.
I see it the same way you do Jim, however I am not willing to give the officials as much of a pass as you are. There were three or more blatant calls that were wrong toward the end of the game, and It irritates me that it happened. The 4th down conversion is the one that sticks out most to me. When they showed the replay I told my mom we were getting the ball back. For the life of me I don't understand the call.
But, in reality, of the vikings have one fewer turnover they likely win that game.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:46 pmI see it the same way you do Jim, however I am not willing to give the officials as much of a pass as you are. There were three or more blatant calls that were wrong toward the end of the game, and It irritates me that it happened. The 4th down conversion is the one that sticks out most to me. When they showed the replay I told my mom we were getting the ball back. For the life of me I don't understand the call.
It's been a long time... are you referring to a short yardage play in OT? I remember thinking that was clearly a stop too.
But, in reality, of the vikings have one fewer turnover they likely win that game.
That's just it. They had so much going for them that day and if they had just done a better job of securing the football, they probably would have won handily.
GermanViking29
Rookie

Post by GermanViking29 »

Is there a comic book hero called mothman?
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Mothman wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:32 pm
PurpleMustReign wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:46 pmI see it the same way you do Jim, however I am not willing to give the officials as much of a pass as you are. There were three or more blatant calls that were wrong toward the end of the game, and It irritates me that it happened. The 4th down conversion is the one that sticks out most to me. When they showed the replay I told my mom we were getting the ball back. For the life of me I don't understand the call.
It's been a long time... are you referring to a short yardage play in OT? I remember thinking that was clearly a stop too.
That's just it. They had so much going for them that day and if they had just done a better job of securing the football, they probably would have won handily.
Yes the one in OT. They not only stopped him at least a foot short, he fumbled the ball and then recovered a yard back.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:43 pmYes the one in OT. They not only stopped him at least a foot short, he fumbled the ball and then recovered a yard back.
Another "Pearson pushed" moment for the Vikes. :(
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Mothman wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:10 pm
PurpleMustReign wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:43 pmYes the one in OT. They not only stopped him at least a foot short, he fumbled the ball and then recovered a yard back.
Another "Pearson pushed" moment for the Vikes. :(
They even reviewed the play. What a joke.